Reported Tonight on Phil Valentine Show 99.7 FM That Cracker Barrel Restaurants Pulling Phil Robertson’s Duck Dynasty Merchandise off Shelves … Cracker Barrel Makes It Official (UPDATE: Cracker Barrel Reverses Decision)
It was reported tonight on the Phil Valentine Radio Show, on Super Talk 99.7, WTN-FM, that Cracker Barrel restaurants in Alabama and Tennessee were pulling Phil Robertson merchandise off their shelves. According to accounts and eye witnesses that were at Cracker Barrels and had contacted them, the edict supposedly came from corporate. According to what was being reported, it was only merchandise with Phil’s likeness, not all ‘Duck Dynasty’ merch.
If this proves to be true that Cracker Barrel actually took it upon themselves to pull the merchandise, they are going to feel the wrath of their customers as it would appear they do not know who their customer truly is.
Rather interesting that the Duck Dynasty merchandise sells out at Walmart, yet Cracker Barrel takes a different approach.
Have received many text messages & emails of merchandise being pulled from many stores by individuals calling CB’s and actually going to them.
UPDATE I: Cracker Barrel finally makes it official, even though the cat was out of the bag and reported here at Scared Monkeys long before the $hit hit the fan and Cracker Barrel restaurants were being flooded with calls. It would appear that CB only believes in equal treatment of certain people. Let the BOYCOTT BEGIN …
UPDATE II: The story turns out to be true and guess who had it way before many of the big boys? Many tweets can be read at Twitchy.
UPDATE III: GLAAD thinks they got blow back and a backlash in response to their intolerant actions, Cracker Barrel is about to get whacked themselves for their PC nonsense and catering to the intolerant gay activist community.
I guess it is pretty obvious that Cracker Barrel has no idea who their customer is. Just a hint to the suits at Cracker Barrel … it ain’t GLAAD!!! Have you taken a look at your Facebook page comments. I am not sure if I saw any that said, good for you, we plan on eating there more. Looks like the Cracker Barrel crowd will stop eating Uncle Herschel’s Favorite and … EAT MOR CHICKEN.
Here are just a few of the Duck Dynasty and free speech comments from the CB Facebook:
- Jody Dixon After you are done removing the selected products, go ahead and remove a bunch of tables and chairs……you won’t be needing them any more.
- Lynette Boullion Dischler EAT AT CHICK-FIL A! THEY DID NOT BOW DOWN TO THE gaystapo!
- Randy Culp I’m offended by your removal of any Duck Commander products. I’ve given you my business for many years now but I’m not under any contract that requires me to continue. If you knuckle under to these groups that don’t stand for any of my values, I will never darken your door again. I’m fed up with 2% of the population controlling everything in our freakin’ country
- Tina Leigh Morris I will boycott Cracker Barrel until a full apology is offered for even getting involved!!! NONE if their merchandise is offensive!!! Cracker Barrel is just realizing they made A HUGE MISTAKE!!!
- Lynette Boullion Dischler The irony is glaad and a&e did not respect Phil Robertsons religious beliefs. You condone censorship. Please tell me on what planet could Duck Dynasty products offend ANYONE? Bobble Heads and Camo shirs? You knew of his beliefs when you made money off of them to begin with. YOU ARE HYPOCRITES
- Jamey Mills Was getting ready to spend 200.00 on gift cards for my employees but not now. I might add that I am offended that you removed some items so does that count for anything.
- Joann Andrews Well while you are evaluating this “Problem” I will be eating across the street….. I stand on the Bible, along with the Robertson family.. My freedom…
- Mark Owens Dear Cracker Barrel, you have grossly misjudged your consumer base. I support Duck Commander products in support of the Robertson’s, obviously your decision making is based on A&E’s position. I will no longer eat at CB’s if your gonna be biased and judge people for who they want to be and not by what a corporation or PC leftists want them to be!
UPDATE IV: To the Gateway Pundit, thanks for the link … Today, Jim Hofts and Missouri Patriots were holding Missouri politicians feet to the fire and demanding answers and apologies for their lies on Obamacare.
To my long-time bud .. Jim, GET WELL!!! God Bless You!!!
UPDATE V: Glad ABC could finally report on 12/23/13 that Cracker Barrel was pulling Phil Robertson Merchandise off their shelves.
UPDATE V: VICTORY ... CRACKER BARREL REVERSES DECISION AND PUTS ALL DUCK DYNASTY MERCH BACK ON THE SHELVES!!!
Posted December 20, 2013 by Scared Monkeys
boycott, Business, Cracker Barrel, Duck Dynasty, Facebook | 11 comments
If you liked this post, you may also like these:
11 Responses to “Reported Tonight on Phil Valentine Show 99.7 FM That Cracker Barrel Restaurants Pulling Phil Robertson’s Duck Dynasty Merchandise off Shelves … Cracker Barrel Makes It Official (UPDATE: Cracker Barrel Reverses Decision)”
Leave a Reply
will never eat at your store agin and also none of my family. you people are sick.!
Our family wwillno longer be eating at Cracker Barrel restaurants. Your lack of supporting freedom of speech and Christian values is very disturbing. We refuse to support your company.
I work for cracker barrel and if you all take a moment and read the statement you will see that we are keeping our Duck Commander stuff that is owned by the Robertsons and taking down Duck Dynasty stuff which is owned by A&E. We are supporting Phil!!
What is being overlooked is who in the Cracker Barrel management made the decision?
There are Cracker Barrel stores all across the country. I have eaten in many of them and bought merchandise.
If your pr statement is true, why did it not state the difference in merchandise ownership as you do? Clarity in communications is needed so that people know what the company’s position actually states.
TG, this was the official statement from The CB facebook page:
As a testimony to their faith … could it be that the Duck Dynasty gang should have already indefinitely suspended A&E.
The following article in it entirety is a must read. There is a video of the interview at the following link.
‘Duck Dynasty’ Star: Show Adding ‘Fake Bleeps’ Despite No Cursing
October 4, 2013 1:25 PM
In an interview with Sports Spectrum TV earlier this year that’s only recently gone viral, Phil Robertson admitted that fake bleeps were inserted into the show even though there was no cursing happening.
“Of course these people probably thought that there was some profanity going on which there was zero,” Robertson stated. “If we’re not using profanity, why make it look like we’re using profanity? What is the point? Why don’t you just run it and say what we say?
Robertson also said that the name Jesus has been cut out during the family’s prayer scene at the end of the show.
“So they would just have me saying, ‘Thank you Lord for the food, thank you for loving us. Amen.’ So I said, ‘Why would you cut out ‘In Jesus’ name?’ They said, ‘Well those editors are probably doing that. They just think that they don’t want to offend some of the Muslims or something.’”
Cracker Barrel says they don’t want people who quote Bible verses in their stores.
In other news, Cracker Barrel executives apparently never visit their stores.
[...] night, according to Scared Monkeys, Cracker Barrel pulled all of their Phil Robertson Duck Dynasty merchandize from their store [...]
After you remove the Duck Commander items also please remove my table and chairs as I’ll never be back.
SM: Amen brother!
[...] do. In the end, Cracker Barrel knows damn well who butters their bread and it isn’t GLAAD. It was just Friday that Cracker Barrel had made the foolish, knee-jerk reaction to pull Phil Ronertson’s merch. I guess they noticed [...]
[...] Duck Dynasty’s Phil Robertson for his views on [...]
[...] represents another reversal of fortune as related to Phil Robertson as it was just last Sunday that Cracker Barrel learned the errors of their ways and had to put back Robertson’s merchandise on the shelves [...]