Reported Tonight on Phil Valentine Show 99.7 FM That Cracker Barrel Restaurants Pulling Phil Robertson’s Duck Dynasty Merchandise off Shelves … Cracker Barrel Makes It Official (UPDATE: Cracker Barrel Reverses Decision)
It was reported tonight on the Phil Valentine Radio Show, on Super Talk 99.7, WTN-FM, that Cracker Barrel restaurants in Alabama and Tennessee were pulling Phil Robertson merchandise off their shelves. According to accounts and eye witnesses that were at Cracker Barrels and had contacted them, the edict supposedly came from corporate. According to what was being reported, it was only merchandise with Phil’s likeness, not all ‘Duck Dynasty’ merch.
If this proves to be true that Cracker Barrel actually took it upon themselves to pull the merchandise, they are going to feel the wrath of their customers as it would appear they do not know who their customer truly is.
Rather interesting that the Duck Dynasty merchandise sells out at Walmart, yet Cracker Barrel takes a different approach.
Have received many text messages & emails of merchandise being pulled from many stores by individuals calling CB’s and actually going to them.
UPDATE I: Cracker Barrel finally makes it official, even though the cat was out of the bag and reported here at Scared Monkeys long before the $hit hit the fan and Cracker Barrel restaurants were being flooded with calls. It would appear that CB only believes in equal treatment of certain people. Let the BOYCOTT BEGIN …
UPDATE II: The story turns out to be true and guess who had it way before many of the big boys? Many tweets can be read at Twitchy.
UPDATE III: GLAAD thinks they got blow back and a backlash in response to their intolerant actions, Cracker Barrel is about to get whacked themselves for their PC nonsense and catering to the intolerant gay activist community.
I guess it is pretty obvious that Cracker Barrel has no idea who their customer is. Just a hint to the suits at Cracker Barrel … it ain’t GLAAD!!! Have you taken a look at your Facebook page comments. I am not sure if I saw any that said, good for you, we plan on eating there more. Looks like the Cracker Barrel crowd will stop eating Uncle Herschel’s Favorite and … EAT MOR CHICKEN.
Here are just a few of the Duck Dynasty and free speech comments from the CB Facebook:
- Jody Dixon After you are done removing the selected products, go ahead and remove a bunch of tables and chairs……you won’t be needing them any more.
- Lynette Boullion Dischler EAT AT CHICK-FIL A! THEY DID NOT BOW DOWN TO THE gaystapo!
- Randy Culp I’m offended by your removal of any Duck Commander products. I’ve given you my business for many years now but I’m not under any contract that requires me to continue. If you knuckle under to these groups that don’t stand for any of my values, I will never darken your door again. I’m fed up with 2% of the population controlling everything in our freakin’ country
- Tina Leigh Morris I will boycott Cracker Barrel until a full apology is offered for even getting involved!!! NONE if their merchandise is offensive!!! Cracker Barrel is just realizing they made A HUGE MISTAKE!!!
- Lynette Boullion Dischler The irony is glaad and a&e did not respect Phil Robertsons religious beliefs. You condone censorship. Please tell me on what planet could Duck Dynasty products offend ANYONE? Bobble Heads and Camo shirs? You knew of his beliefs when you made money off of them to begin with. YOU ARE HYPOCRITES
- Jamey Mills Was getting ready to spend 200.00 on gift cards for my employees but not now. I might add that I am offended that you removed some items so does that count for anything.
- Joann Andrews Well while you are evaluating this “Problem” I will be eating across the street….. I stand on the Bible, along with the Robertson family.. My freedom…
- Mark Owens Dear Cracker Barrel, you have grossly misjudged your consumer base. I support Duck Commander products in support of the Robertson’s, obviously your decision making is based on A&E’s position. I will no longer eat at CB’s if your gonna be biased and judge people for who they want to be and not by what a corporation or PC leftists want them to be!
UPDATE IV: To the Gateway Pundit, thanks for the link … Today, Jim Hofts and Missouri Patriots were holding Missouri politicians feet to the fire and demanding answers and apologies for their lies on Obamacare.
To my long-time bud .. Jim, GET WELL!!! God Bless You!!!
UPDATE V: Glad ABC could finally report on 12/23/13 that Cracker Barrel was pulling Phil Robertson Merchandise off their shelves.
UPDATE V: VICTORY ... CRACKER BARREL REVERSES DECISION AND PUTS ALL DUCK DYNASTY MERCH BACK ON THE SHELVES!!!