Another Obama Green Energy Company Bites the Dust … Amonix Received $6 Million in Federal tax credits & a $15.6 Million Grant from the U.S. DOE
Forget Romney and Bain Capital, what about Barack Obama’s business track record with failed green energy companies and lost tax payer dollars all under the guise of creating jobs?
Add another “green” energy company to the failed Barack Obama trash pile of squandered US tax payer dollars. Amonix, a solar manufacturing plant in North Las Vegas that received $6 million in federal tax credits and a $15.6 million grant from the U.S. Department of Energy has closed its doors. Amonix is described on their web page as the leading designer and manufacturer of concentrated photovoltaic (CPV) commercial solar power systems. Oops, not so much. Add Amonix to the growing list of failed companies touted by the Obama Midas touch like Solyndra, Abound Solar, Beacon Power …
ANOTHER OBAMA FUNDED GREEN ENERGY COMPANY ONE BITES THE DUST
The Amonix solar manufacturing plant in North Las Vegas, heavily financed under an Obama administration energy initiative, has closed its 214,000-square-foot facility 14 months after it opened. [...]
A designer and manufacturer of concentrated photovoltaic solar power systems, Amonix received $6 million in federal tax credits and a $15.6 million grant from the U.S. Department of Energy to build the plant in North Las Vegas.
Is it any wonder why, according to a recent Rasmussen poll, that 57% of Americans say that Venture Capital Firms are better job creators than government programs. Only a delusional 27% think the government does.
How’s Obama Doing Spending Your Tax Dollars?
As Yogi Berra would say, its deja vous all over again or in the case of Weasel Zippers, hmm stop me if this sounds familiar? Sadly this is all too familiar during the Obama regime. Obama has thrown away Americans hard earned tax dollars and failed, epically failed America. Add Amonix to the long list of Obama funded green energy companies.
- Solar Trust of America: FAIL – Filed Bankruptcy in Oakland, CA, April 3, 2012 – On April 2, 2012
- Bright Source: FAIL – Bright Source warned Obama’s Energy Department officials in March 2011 that delays in approving a $1.6 billion U.S. loan guarantee would embarrass the White House and force the solar-energy company to close. Lost Billions of dollars but Getting More Money To Keep Trying. Canyou say, “This isnt working?”
- Solyndra: FAIL – Solyndra shut its doors and laid off 1100 workers in August 2011 After Billions in Losses
- LSP Energy: FAIL – LSPEnergy LP filed bankruptcy protection and a sale of its assets in Feb 2012
- Energy Conversion Devices: FAIL – On February 14, 2012 Energy Conversion Devices, Inc. and its subsidiaries filed for bankruptcy
- Abound Solar: FAIL – Abound Solar received a $400 million loan guarantee from Barack Obama announced in June, 2012 that it would file for bankruptcy
- SunPower: FAIL – SunPower stopped producing solar cells last year at near bankruptcy restructured only with help of, get this, oil giant TOTAL who owns 60% stake. Irony! Still struggling…
- Beacon Power: FAIL – Beacon Power Corp filed for bankruptcy Oct 2011 just a year after Obama approved $43 million loan Government loan guarantee
- Ecotality: FAIL – ECOtality, a San Francisco green-tech company that never earned any money on the verge of bankruptcy after receiving roughly $115 million in two loan guarantees from Obama
- A123 Solar: FAIL-A123 received $279 million from taxpayers thanks to President Obama’s Department of Energy loan guarantees and after Solyndra bankruptcy is getting another $500M from Obama and it has lost $400M
- UniSolar: FAIL – Uni-Solar filed for Ch 11 bankruptcy in June 20 this year laid off hundreds got more Obama money still failing but still in business.
- Azure Dynamics: FAIL – Azure Dynamics files for bankruptcy in June ter millions in Obama “Stimulus”
- Evergreen Solar: FAIL – Evergreen Solar received $527 Million in Taxpayer money from Obama filed bankruptcy
- Ener1: FAIL received more than $100 million in government funding from the Obama administration filed for bankruptcy January 2012
More from The Heritage Foundation and the Harry Reid backed belly up solar panel manufacturer. Let’s see Obama tout this fiasco and lost tax payer dollars as a positive in the 2012 Presidential election.