Two American Male Tourists Kidnapped by Armed Bedouins in Egypt’s Sinai Peninsula (UPDATE: Victims Identified as Jonathan Shizarlasky & Carter Brabon)

 

As reported at the AP, two American tourists have been kidnapped as they were traveling by car from Dahab to the resort of Nuweiba by armed Bedouins in Egypt’s Sinai Peninsula. Two American men in their early 30s, names not released, were believed to have been abducted by Bedouins in response of the previous arrest of fellow tribesman Eid Suleiman Aytawi on suspicion of trafficking in drugs.

Armed Bedouins kidnapped two American tourists in Egypt’s Sinai Peninsula early on Thursday, security officials said.

The Bedouins snatched the two as they were traveling in a car from Dahab to Nuweiba, resort towns on the Red Sea’s Gulf of Aqaba. The two Americans are men in their early 30s, the officials said, speaking on condition of anonymity because they were not authorized to speak to the media.

UPDATE I: Local media identified the two Americans kidnapped as as 31-year-old Americans Jonathan Shizarlasky and Carter Brabon.

Local media have identified the men as 31-year-old Americans Jonathan Shizarlasky and Carter Brabon, with some outlets even reporting their passport numbers. CBS News has not been able to confirm the identities of the abducted men.

The officials spoke on condition of anonymity because they are not authorized to speak to the media.



If you liked this post, you may also like these:

  • Two Americans Kidnapped in Egypt, Victims … Pastor Michel Louis, a Woman from Another Church Lisa Alphonse & Egyptian Tour Guide
  • Two American Women Traveling in Egypt Kidnapped by Bedouins
  • American Hostage Jessica Buchanan Rescused by US Navy SEALs in overnight raid in Somalia
  • Two U.S. Mariners Kidnapped & Held Hostage from the Oilfield Supply Ship ‘C-Retriever’ Off the Nigeria Coast Last Month Have Been Released
  • ‘Gestapo’ Tactics Meet Senior Citizens & Foreign Tourists at Yellowstone National Park … Not Allowed to “Recreate” or Take Pics




  • Comments

    One Response to “Two American Male Tourists Kidnapped by Armed Bedouins in Egypt’s Sinai Peninsula (UPDATE: Victims Identified as Jonathan Shizarlasky & Carter Brabon)”

    1. A Texas Grandfather on June 1st, 2012 11:21 am

      Anyone, male or female, that goes to Egypt as a turist during these times is not using good sense.

      The jihadist and other Muslim groups are just looking for an opportunity to kidnap and hold for ransom any european or american turist.

    Leave a Reply




    Support Scared Monkeys! make a donation.

     
     
    • NEWS (breaking news alerts or news tips)
    • Red (comments)
    • Dugga (technical issues)
    • Dana (radio show comments)
    • Klaasend (blog and forum issues)
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
    Close
    E-mail It