The Hill has put together a list of the Top 10 political quotes of 2010. I have to agree with many of them; however, there were some key ones left out including what I believe to be the #1 quote of 2010 from Nancy Pelosi, read below.
1.“Not true.” – SCOTUS Alito during President Obama’s State of the Union address, Jan. 27
2.“Yes, I did. Not only did I grope him, I tickled him until he couldn’t breathe and four guys jumped on top of me.” -Former Rep. Eric Massa (D-N.Y.) to Glenn Beck on Fox News, March 10
3.“Baby killer!” - Rep. Randy Neugebauer (R-Texas), during Rep. Bart Stupak’s (D-Mich.) speech during the healthcare reform debate, March 21
4.“This is a big f—— deal.” – Vice President Joe Biden to President Obama at the healthcare reform signing ceremony, March 23
5.“One thing I know for sure is that Democrats will retain their majority in the House of Representatives.” – Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) during an interview with The Hill, May 19
6.“I apologize. I do not want to live in a country where any time a citizen or a corporation does something that is legitimately wrong is subject to some sort of political pressure that is — again, in my words — amounts to a shakedown. So I apologize.” – Rep. Joe Barton (R-Texas) to BP CEO Tony Hayward during a House hearing, June 17
7.“They wouldn’t be satisfied if Dennis Kucinich was president.” – White House press secretary Robert Gibbs during interview with The Hill, Aug. 10
8.“I’m not a witch.” – Christine O’Donnell in a campaign ad, Oct. 4
9.“Man up.” – GOP Senate hopeful Sharron Angle to her opponent, Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid (D-Nev.), Oct. 21
10.“It feels bad.” – President Obama during a post-election press conference, Nov. 3
The Hill did a good job, but they missed some major one … including that had to be the #1 quote of 2010.
1. “We Have to Pass Our Bill So That You Can Find Out What Is In It”- Nancy Pelosi making what has to be the most ignorant comment of all times with regards to the passage of Obamacare in that politicians refused to read the bill and told the American public that it had to be passed first in order to figure out what the near 2000 page government take over of healthcare included. We have been sadly finding out ever since.
2. “You know I forgot he was black tonight for an hour.” - MSNBC’s Chris Matthews stated following President Obama’s State of the Union address, Jan. 27
3. Obama is “light-skinned” African American “with no Negro dialect, unless he wanted to have one” – Harry Reid, although the comment was made in 2009 during the Presidential campaign, we did not learn of the quote until 2010.
4. “I’d rather be a really good one-term president than a mediocre two-term president,” - Barack Obama to Diane Sawyer in a Jan ’10 interview.
5. “The same thing that swept Scott Brown into office swept me into office”. - Barack Obama made comments in an interview with ABC’s George Stephanopoulos.
6. “We can’t control nature”. - Barack Obama made comment following the Chilean 8.8 magnitude earth quake. Makes ya wonder then why he thinks he can control global warming.
7. “It’s Not Your Business Model That Sucks, It’s You That Sucks” - Andrew Breitbart makes comment regarding the MSM at National Tea Party Convention.
more to follow …