Republican Pat Toomey Wins Pennsylvania US Senate Race Over Sestak … GOP+6, Corbett (R) Wins Governorship & Numerous House Races
It has been a tremendous night for the GOP in the “Keystone” state of Pennsylvania …
Republican Pat Toomey has been declared the winner in the Pennsylvania US Senate race over Democrat Joe Sestak. This is a GOP pick up of the Senate seat formerly held by Republican turned Democrat turned Democrat primary loser Senator Arlen Specter. This is GOP pickup #6.
Pat Toomey, the Republican conservative and newly elected Pennsylvania senator, says the Democrat he defeated, Rep. Joe Sestak, served his country honorably.
Toomey was elected to Arlen Specter’s Senate seat Tuesday in one of the most hotly contested races in the nation.
Speaking at an Allentown-area hotel, Toomey told the crowd that “the people of Pennsylvania have spoken and they have delivered us a victory.”
Sestak conceded defeat in a speech at a suburban Philadelphia hotel in his congressional district. Holding his 9-year-old daughter, Alex, he told the crowd, “It is now Alex time.”
Add Republican Tom Corbett to the list of GOP wins in PA as he won the Governorship over Democrat Dan Onorato. But wait, it gets even better for Republican with House races.
Big pick ups by the GOP over Democrat incumbents in Pennsylvania:
- U.S. House District 3 – Republican Kelly has defeated incumbent Democrat Dahlkemper.
- U.S. House District 7 – Republican Meehan defeated Democrat Lentz
- U.S. House District 10- Carney (D) 45% – Marino (R) 55%
- U.S. House District 11 – Kanjorski (D) 45% – Barletta (R) 55%
- U.S. House District 8 – Murphy (D) 47% – Fitzpatrick (R) 53%