Tiger Woods cancels Meeting with Police for Third Time, But Releases Statement … Tiger Hires Atty Mark Nejame
Tiger Woods has canceled a meeting with the police for the third time with regards to the SUV accident he had early Friday morning at 2:25 AM when he hit a fire hydrant and neighbors tree. The crash sent Tiger Woods, the world’s number one golfer, to the hospital where he would later be released.
This is rather interesting, Tiger Woods has hired Attorney Mark Nejame. Yes, the same Mark Nejame who at one time was the attorney for Cindy and George Anthony, the parents of tot mom Casey Anthony who is facing charges for the murder of her daughter Caylee Anthony. My it is a small world after all.
Mark NeJame is about to find out. The world’s No. 1 golfer has hired the high-profile Orlando defense attorney. NeJame will help guide Woods and his wife, Elin Nordegren Woods, through a public-relations thicket after the golfer injured himself in car accident outside his home early Friday. The incident has prompted worldwide speculation because of Woods’ stature and the Woods’ silence up to now on the crash.
This is rather interesting as it is being reported that Nejame will be working for both Tiger and Elin Woods to diffuse the PR situation. Woods has no legal obligation to give a statement to police, Tiger has to worry about other things like image and endorsement.
A spokeswoman for Florida Highway Patrol said the agency was contacted at about 1 p.m. by local attorney Mark NeJame, who said he is now representing Woods. NeJame told FHP that its interview with Woods scheduled for today was canceled.
Tiger Woods statement, although some of his comments are a bit rather cryptic.
As you all know, I had a single-car accident earlier this week, and sustained some injuries. I have some cuts, bruising and right now I’m pretty sore.
This situation is my fault, and it’s obviously embarrassing to my family and me. I’m human and I’m not perfect. I will certainly make sure this doesn’t happen again.
This is a private matter and I want to keep it that way. Although I understand there is curiosity, the many false, unfounded and malicious rumors that are currently circulating about my family and me are irresponsible.
The only person responsible for the accident is me. My wife, Elin, acted courageously when she saw I was hurt and in trouble. She was the first person to help me. Any other assertion is absolutely false.
This incident has been stressful and very difficult for Elin, our family and me. I appreciate all the concern and well wishes that we have received. But, I would also ask for some understanding that my family and I deserve some privacy no matter how intrusive some people can be.
Wow, if Tiger Woods, one of the most recognizable athletes in the world thinks that this is going to be a private matter, he must still be feeling the affects of going in and out of consciousness from the SUV accident. Even ESPN Sports Reporters were acting this morning as if Woods personally owed them an explanation was to who, what, why and when.