10 Things Wrong with Obamacare from the Heritage Foundation and a Top 10 You will Never See on David Letterman
The Heritage Foundation has come up with 10 reasons as to what is wrong with Obamacare. Just 10? Maybe this is just part 1 on a 10 part series. Here is a Top 10 you will never see on David Letterman because it is actually relevant to Americans. Feel free to add your own reasons.
- 1. Millions Will Lose Their Current Insurance. Period. End of Story: President Obama wants Americans to believe they can keep their insurance if they like, but research from the government, private research firms, and think tanks show this is not the case. Proposed economic incentives, plus a government-run health plan like the one proposed in the House bill, would cause 88.1 million people to see their current employer-sponsored health plan disappear.
- 2. Your Health Care Coverage Will Probably Change Anyway: Even if you kept your private insurance, eventually most remaining plans–whether employer plans or individual plans–would have to conform to new federal benefit standards. Moreover, the necessary plan “upgrades” will undoubtedly cost you more in premiums.
- 3. The Umpire Is Also the First Baseman: The main argument for a “public option” is that it would increase competition. However, if the federal government creates a health care plan that it controls and also sets the rules for the private plans, there is little doubt that Washington would put its private sector “competitors” out of business sooner or later
- 4. The Fed Picks Your Treatment
- 5. Individual Mandate Means Less Liberty and More Taxes
- 6. Higher Taxes Than Europe Hurt Small Businesses
- 7. Who Makes Medical Decisions?
- 8. Taxpayer-Funded Abortions?
- 9. It’s Not Paid For
- 10. Rushing It, Not Reading It