Desiree Young, the mother of missing Kyron Horman, stated that this weekend search for her son was successful. More than 100 volunteers, two nonprofit organizations and 10 search dog teams from around the country, joined the search effort in the Portland, OR area to look for evidence that might help solve Kyron’s disappearance. Young said this weekend’s search turned up “a lot of things and possibly evidence,” but she would not elaborate on what items were found. Young remended everyone that there is on ongoing police instigation. We can only hope that some clues were found that can finally solve the disappearance of Kyron Horman. The 7 year old went missing when he vanished from Skyline School on June 4, 2010. Kyron’s disappearance prompted the largest search in state history, but he was never found.
During a news conference at Skyline School Sunday evening, Desiree Young said a search she organized for her missing son, Kyron Horman, was successful.
About 60 volunteers, two nonprofit organizations and 10 search dogs focused on the area around Northwest Germantown Road and Skyline Boulevard.
The search started Saturday morning and wrapped up Sunday.
“We’re not going to find Kyron if we’re not searching,” said Young.
Young said the search turned up “a lot of things and possibly evidence,” but she would not elaborate on what items were found. She said the items were turned over to the Multnomah County Sheriff’s Office. A spokesman for MCSO said they received the items and were processing them to determine whether it’s related to the Kyron’s case or not. MCSO was aware of the search but was not involved.
As reported at CBS News, Massachusetts State Police confirm that a search warrant related to the probe in the Boston Marathon bombing was served Monday night in Revere, Massachusetts. Law enforcement officers investigating the Boston marathon bombings searched the suburban Revere apartment of the Saudi national who is being questioned in connection with the double bombing attack yesterday on Patriot’s Day at the end of the Boston Marathon that has killed three people and injured over 150, many severely. Obviously, there must have been some connection as to why investigators were allowed to gain a search warrant. However, CNN is reporting that according to a federal law official, the search took place with consent, so no search warrant was needed. The fog of news. Authorities are not saying if they gathered anything of any importance in their search; however, they better not have if they did.
Some investigators were seen leaving the apartment building early Tuesday carrying brown paper bags, plastic trash bags and a duffel bag.
WBZ says the search lasted nine hours. The Revere Fire Department wrote on its Facebook page it pertained to “a person of interest.”
Two men were questioned by federal agents in the lobby overnight and handed over their passports before they were allowed to go upstairs, WBZ reports.
Miller says the man was being treated for burns on his hands, and authorities suggest he may be in the U.S. on a student visa.
UPDATE I: The search warrant was executed at 5th floor of the Ocean Shores Tower apartment complex located at 364 Ocean Ave in Revere, MA.
The Gateway Pundit has the list of those who reside at the apartment complex that was searched by police.
UPDATE II: As reported at the Daily News, a law student who lives at the Ocean Shores Tower complex, home to many college students, said authorities raided a fifth floor apartment beginning around 7:30 p.m.
File this one under, … Hoarding can be hazardous to your health.
67 year old Billie Jean James had been missing for four months in Las Vegas, Nevada. James had been missing since April 22, 2010 after she vanished from her home near Silverado Ranch and the ‘M’ Resort. Friends and family were offering a $10,000 reward. However, police had no clues and stated that it would be a difficult case to solve.
Well, there was a reason why police had no clues and why no one had seen her leave her home or go off and any direction. Because she never left her home.
“We don’t have anyone that actually saw her leave or go in a certain direction. We just know she was here at home and that she disappeared from her house,” said Sgt. Peter Ferranti.
Since her disappearance, there’s been an outpouring of support from close friends who’ve helped raise a $10,000 reward. They’ve also circulated Billie’s picture across the valley and as far south as Barstow California.
Four nonths after her disappearance Billie Jean James remains were found in her home under a ceiling high pile of garbage. Yes, that is correct … Billie Jean was a hoarder, the house was a complete pig stigh and no one knew including the woman’s husband that she had died in the house and her body was buried under a mountain of trash. Can you only imagine what this house smelled like that the odor or rotting flesh could not be detected? Her body was discovered by her husband when he was cleaning a back room. They clean?
There is sad, tragic and what appears to be criminal news from Arizona and the search for 2 year old Sylar Newton.
Skeletal remains were found yesterday near a central Arizona Beaver Creek Campgrounds in Rimrock that are believed to be that of Sylar Newton who went missing in the area more than two weeks ago. The remains were found at the bottom of a wash less than 2 miles from the Beaver Creek Campground. Police are stating that foul play is suspected as sheriff’s Capt. David Rhodes said, “Somebody didn’t want us to find him.”
Skeletal remains found Tuesday near a central Arizona campground are believed to be that of a toddler reported missing in the area more than two weeks ago, and authorities say foul play is suspected.
The remains were found at the bottom of a wash less than 2 miles from the Beaver Creek Campground, where 2-year-old Sylar Newton of Flagstaff was last seen the night of July 24, Yavapai County sheriff’s spokesman Dwight D’Evelyn said.
Authorities said it appeared someone tried to hide the remains, which ended up in the wash after recent flash flooding.
There have been no suspected named; however, there is a criminal investigation under way. 2 year old Sylar Newton was reported missing when camping with his custodial mother, Christina Priem, and her family.
Sylar was at the camp site with his custodial mother, Christine Priem of Flagstaff. According to the police report, Priem, her mother Nancy Collins, 57, and Christina’s 12-year-old daughter were sleeping in the same tent as the boy at the time of his disappearance in the middle of the night. In an adjacent tent were Christina’s 14-year old son and a 14-year-old friend.
VIDEO from Nancy Grace.
Search under way for 2 year old Syler Newton.
Two year old Syler Newton has been missing since 12 am Sunday morning, July 25, 2010 from the Beaver Creek Campground in Arizona according to the County Sheriff’s Office. Syler Newton is describes as having brown hair, blue eyes, and is almost 3 feet tall and weighs about 20 pounds. According to reports he was last only wearing a diaper.
Two-year-old Syler Newton was last seen in his family’s tent at around 12 am Sunday morning, according to the YCSO. The family was camping at the Beaver Creek Campground, southeast of the Sedona turnoff (SR 179) on Interstate 17. He was reported missing shortly before 2 am.
2-Year-Old Goes Missing From Family Camp Site. Syler Newton was in the process of being adopted by the family who he was camping with. However, initially the woman that Syler was with referred to herself as his mom. The bio mom is trying to be located by authorities as to the relationship and why the bio mom is not in custody of the bio mom.
Could this be a case of a toddler wandering off in the woods? Of course the question that comes to mind is how does one leave a 2 year old unattended.
If anyone has any information on Syler’s whereabouts to call 9-1-1 or the Sheriff’s Office at (928) 771-3260.
Officials said the woman who reported Syler missing claimed to be the boy’s mother, but it was later discovered she is his adoptive mother and is currently in the process of gaining custody.
Deputies do not believe any of Syler’s biological relatives were in the area at the time of his disappearance. At this time, officials said there are no signs of foul play.
The FBI has also been called in for the case. They are interviewing the biological mother to find out the situation surrounding the boy’s care.
D’Evelyn said more than 50 personnel responded to the scene as part of the coordinated search effort. A DPS helicopter was also called in on Sunday to do flyovers in the surrounding area.
17 members of the Afghanistan military are missing and have gone AWOL from a Texas Air Force base, the Defense Language Institute at Lackland Air Force Base in Texas, according to FNC. However, this this is breaking news? Well not quite, the reality is that these AWOL Afghan’s have been missing for two years and none in the last three months. ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!
A nationwide alert has been issued for 17 members of the Afghan military who have gone AWOL from a Texas Air Force base where foreign military officers who are training to become pilots are taught English, FoxNews.com has learned.
The Afghan officers and enlisted men have security
badges that give them access to secure U.S. defense installations, according to the lookout bulletin, “Afghan Military Deserters in CONUS [Continental U.S.],” issued by Naval Criminal Investigative Service in Dallas, and obtained by FoxNews.com.
Just a question America, if our government can lose 17 Afghan military folks in three years … do you really want these people handling your health care? Just a thought.
Oh but don’t worry America there is nothing to fear, these missing, AWOL Afghan military types were only here to learn how to fly planes and speak English. It’s not like that is anything that a terrorist woulld want to learn. OUR MILITARY WAS TEACHING AFGHANS WHAT!!! And the hits keep on coming, after two years not all of the VISAS have been revoked? Exactly what are we waiting for, a terrorist attack? How do 17 Afghan individuals with military clearance just go missing in the US? Would they be considered illegal immigrants by the Obama WH? Maybe they just wanted to come to America and do the jobs that Americans just don’t want to do … like attack America.
“I can confirm that 17 have gone missing from the Defense Language Institute,” said Gary Emery, Chief of Public Affairs, 37th Training Wing, at Lackland AFB. “They disappeared over the course of the last two years, and none in the last three months.”
Each Afghan was issued a Department of Defense Common Access Card, an identification card used to gain access to secure military installations, with which they “could attempt to enter DOD installations,” according to the bulletin. Base security officers were encouraged to disseminate the bulletin to their personnel.
“The visas issued to these personnel have been revoked, or are in the process of being revoked. Lookouts have been placed in TECS,” it reads.
The names of the missing and AWOL Afghans courtesy of No Sheeple Here.
16 Year Old Abby Sunderland Missing, Feared Lost at Sea Attempting to Become Youngest Sailor to Circumnavigate the Globe (UPDATE: Found Safe)
16 year old Abby Sunderland is missing and feared lost at sea. Abby Sunderland was attempting to be the youngest sailor ever to circumnavigate the globe. Her support crew lost contact with Abby, who was in heavy seas in the Southern Indian Ocean. At her last contact, Sunderland was in 20-25 foot waves at the time of last contact, with 35-knot winds.
”The boat is most likely not completely submerged because there’s another alarm that sends off a signal if it goes 15 feet underwater,” Zac Sunderland said in an interview with Ron Kilgore of KNX radio in Los Angeles. “So yeah, she’s pretty banged up out there right now, and [we're] just trying to get the rescue teams out.”
Abby’s mother, MaryAnne Sunderland, told ABC News that Abby manually activated two emergency beacons sometime before 6 a.m. Pacific Time today.
A plane from Qantas air, based in Australia, planned to fly over Sunderland’s location at first light Friday — or late Thursday evening Eastern Time.
One really has to question how on earth a parent would allow a 16 yeao old to attempt such a risky and dangerous endeavour. Presently, a search operation is underway for the missing Abby Sunderland. She is believed to be alive and floating in the Indian Ocean.
The engineer behind Abby Sunderland’s solo trip around the world says he believes the 16-year-old Thousand Oaks sailor is “alive” and “most likely floating” in the middle of the Indian Ocean.
Speaking to a throng of reporters outside the family’s home, Jeff Casher said he spoke to her at 3:45 a.m. Thursday, then lost contact after she went to check on some equipment on her boat. About an hour later, she apparently activated her emergency beacons – devices that sent automatic alerts to the Coast Guard and her family.
Casher said the family is looking at three possible scenarios. Either the boat’s mast came down, giving her no ability to sail the vessel; the keel hit something and possibly flipped the boat upside down; or she may have broken an arm or leg while being whipsawed about in violent waters.
Abby Sunderland: Australia Sends Airbus to Find Sailor Lost in Indian Ocean.
UPDATE I: 16 Year Old Abby Sunderland Found Alive
Thankfully, Abby Sunderland has been located and she is well; however, she still needs to be rescused. SM understands that sailing is this girl’s passion, but at 16 and with this near tragic event that occured, it will be interesting to see whether her parents allow another such voyage. However, in the end than God that she is safe and sound. As stated at Balloon Juice, maybe some risk management assessments need to be more thought out if you are going to let a 16 year ols risk their life in such an adventure.
A spotter jet over the Indian Ocean late Thursday made contact with 16-year-old Abby Sunderland, the Thousand Oaks solo sailor who was adrift in rough seas and heavy winds in her quest to circumnavigate the globe, a spokesman for the teen’s family said.
The Qantas Airways jetliner with dozens of harbor patrol spotters on board made radio contact with Sunderland.
The Dana Pretzer Show On Scared Monkeys Radio – Sunday, June 6th, 2010 – Special Guests: Joel Brodsky, Jossy Mansur, Blink from Blink on Crime, Clint Van Zandt, RED from Scared Monkeys & Robin Sax
LISTEN TO THE DANA PRETZER SHOW ON SCARED MONKEYS RADIO
Tonight Dana welcomes special guests:
Blink, Crime Blogger from Blinkoncrime.com discusses the Stacy Peterson and Joran Van DerSloot cases.
The Dana Pretzer Show On Scared Monkeys Radio – Sunday, June 6th, 2010 – Special Guests: Joel Brodsky, Jossy Mansur, Blink from Blink on Crime, Clint Van Zandt, RED from Scared Monkeys & Robin Sax [108:46m]: | Download
3View Search Services Announce Strategic Partnership with World Peace One & Arts for Humanities Global at Sundance Film Festival 2010 for Haitian Relief & Search Efforts
In an EXCLUSIVE with3View Search Services Foundation, they have announced a strategic partnership with World Peace One and Arts For Humanity Global at the 2010 Sundance Film Festival in Park City, Utah to aid humanitarian relief and search and recovery efforts in Haiti.
The aerial imaging breakthrough technology developed by 3View Founder Sean Henady is critical for both recovery and rebuilding initiatives in the devastated region.
Sean Henady, President and founder of 3View Search Services and co-founder
and Vice President Mandy Albritton will be keynote speakers this evening at the
Sundance Film Festival Twenty Ten.
By invitation, they will also be meeting with ancillary organizations to create further alliances and partnerships that will progress search efforts in Haiti.
These partnerships are structured to facilitate prompt responses for future humanitarian search efforts globally as well; when ever and where ever such services are needed.
3View Search Services is a non-profit 501C3 organization that offers
industry-leading, remote aerial monitoring and surveying for the commercial,
industrial and agricultural industries while developing unique tools and
techniques for search and rescue operations.
Most recently, 3View was tapped for aerial imagery in efforts to locate Caylee Marie Anthony, missing 34 month old Orlando toddler. Sean Henady has been named as a witness for the State in the prosecution of her mother, Casey Anthony, in her murder.
The core units of 3VSS develops and deploys radio-controlled
mini-helicopters and airplanes that carry a variety of sensors and high
resolution imagery equipment. These UAVs (unmanned aerial vehicles) feature
onboard computers complete with stabilization and realtime image monitoring.
As stated by Sean Henady, President of 3View Search Services, “With the
remote-controlled equipment, you can cover so much territory in a little
time and at a fraction of the cost of using a full-size plane or helicopter.
And it’s not like we’re just flying over an area, hoping to see something.
We’re capturing high-quality images that we can review from the ground and
then study more in-depth later.”
The strategic alliances with such groups like World Peace One, Art for
Humanity and others will greatly advance the response capabilities and expand the
scope of searches for missing persons both domestically and
3View expects to deploy it’s assets to the Haitian relief and recovery efforts within the next week.
As Thousands Remain Missing in Haiti Including Many Americans (Lynn University Students) … Haiti Calls off Search & Rescue, Now only Search & Recovery
Haiti announces they will stop looking for the missing … Many Americans still unaccounted for in Haiti.
A little more than a week after the catastrophic 7.0 magnitude earthquake in Haiti, the Haitian government has called off the search and rescue phase of the earthquake relief effort. Much to the sadness and horror of families hoping beyond hope that their loved ones will be found alive underneath the rubble, they hear today that search efforts to find people alive have been stopped. The curious part of this decision is that just yesterday two individuals were rescued from the rubble.
Four students from Lynn University, Stephanie Crispinelli, Courtney Hayes, Christine Gianacaci, and Britney Gengel, are all still missing in Haiti following last week’s devastating earthquake.
(Courtesy Lynn University)
Haiti’s government has ended the search and rescue phase of the quake relief effort after two people who spent 10 days buried under rubble were pulled out alive and the death toll soared to more than 110,000.
The United Nations said 132 people had been saved from debris but that “the government has declared the search and rescue phase over.
“There were 132 live rescues by international search and rescue teams,” the UN’s Organisation for the Coordination of Humanitarian Affairs added in its latest situation report on the relief effort. Related article:Aid brings relief for some
An 84-year-old woman and 22-year-old man defied the odds by being rescued from the rubble in Port-au-Prince on Friday.