16 Year Old Indica Huddleston Missing Since 8/16/13 in Alpine, UT … Runaway/Possibly Lured Away by Man She Met on Facebook (Update: Found Safe)
16 year old Indica Huddleston has been missing since 5 pm Friday, August 16, 2013 in Alpine, Utah. Huddleston is is 5’3″, 128 lbs, long dark brown hair, olive skin and hazel eyes. She reportedly had a fight with her parents about school and is presumed to have run away from home. However, her family believes she is in danger and may have been lured away from home by a man she met on Facebook.
According to Haylee Pettis, a family friend, Huddleston left a note at her home on Friday afternoon after she had been in an argument with her parents about school. In essence, the note simply stated that she would be taken care of.
Family and friends believe that Huddleston may be with an older individual and are concerned for her safety. After reviewing Huddleston’s recent activity on Facebook, they had seen that she had been having conversations with some people in Logan.
Police investigating the disappearance of a 16-year-old girl may be elevating her status to an endangered missing person.
Although that won’t necessarily change the way the investigation into what happened to Indica Huddleston is handled, police hope the new label will draw more attention from the public.
“The fact that she’s been gone now for six days, hasn’t contacted anybody, you know, relatives or friends that we are aware of … we are looking at maybe elevating this more from a runaway to a missing child,” said Lone Peak police detective Dave Ventrano.
Her family, however, is growing increasingly concerned that Indica may be with a dangerous person.
Indica was last seen about 5 p.m. on Aug. 16. Her family found a note indicating that she had run away. But they also believe there is strong evidence to suggest she may have taken off with — or been lured away by — an older man she met on Facebook.
If anyone has seen Indica Huddleston or has information about her whereabouts, they are encouraged to contact the Lone Peak Police Department at (801) 756-9800.
Indica Huddleston was found safe and uninjured shortly before 6 p.m. Friday and was interviewed Friday night by members of the Lone Peak Police Department and the FBI, her family confirmed.
Her mother, Andrea Huddleston, said the family did not have much information about where their daughter has been or who she may have been with, but said before they rushed out the door to be reunited with Indica that this was “the call we’ve been longing for.”
WHEN FACEBOOK KILLS …
37 year old Kariasa Thomas was reportedly on FACEBOOK when she was supposed to be babysitting and watching a 3 year old girl. This woman was so distracted while on the social media site that she forgot about the child she was in charge of as the 3 year old drown in the swimming poll. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!! This irresponsible moron is being charged of reckless injury to a child. That’s it? Kariasa Thomas told police she used her phone to log on to Facebook for about 15 minutes, plus played with her dog. Because God forbid you be doing your job and actually looking out after the child!
A Dallas woman who allegedly was distracted by Facebook has been charged after a 3-year-old girl she was supposed to watch drowned in a pool.
Dallas County jail records show 37-year-old Kariasa Thomas was being held Wednesday on a charge of reckless injury to a child.
Officials say Kanyce Giddings couldn’t swim and drowned on June 22.
Police say Thomas was watching a friend’s four children, including Kanyce, at an apartment complex pool that closed for the evening. An affidavit says Thomas told police she used her phone to log on to Facebook for about 15 minutes, plus played with her dog.
So all this woman is being charged with is reckless injury to a child? What about child endangerment. There has got to be something else that can charge this idiot with.
Amber Alert Issued for 13 Year Old Kathryn Botelho Missing Since 7/24/13 in Portsmouth, RI (Update: Kathryn Botelho Found Alive) (Update: NJ Man Daniel Berger Arrested, Faces Sex Crime Charges)
An Amber Alert has been issued for 13 year old Kathryn Botelho who has been missing since Wednesday morning, July 24, 2013 in Portsmouth, Rhode Island. Botelho’s mother reported the girl missing Wednesday morning. According to the State police, Kathryn Botelho was last seen leaving her house at 59 Ferry Landing Circle with an unknown man driving a red Chrysler. Police say a witness saw someone matching Botelho’s description leave the family home with a white male described as being 40-45 years old, unshaven, 5-foot 9-inches tall with a thin build. The car was described as a Chrysler Concord or Sebring, with faded paint and possible New Jersey license plates.
Kathryn Botelho – Missing
Kathryn Botelho, 13, of 59 Ferry Landing Circle, was described as four feet, eleven inches tall and weighing 110 pounds. She wore a Alex and Ani bracelet. Her clothing was not described.
Interim police chief Jeffrey Furtado said, “These types of cases can be anything but routine when it’s a person of this age” who had been gone so long.
State troopers with K-9 dogs joined Portsmouth officers as they searched the area.
UPDATE I: An update to the description of missing Kathryn Botelho:
Police say the victim, Kathyrn Botelho is approximately 4’11” with blonde hair and blue eyes. She was last seen wearing a black skirt and a blue sapphire Alex and Ani bracelet.
“According to the witness, the young female was seen leaving the area with the male in an older model red Chrysler Concord or Sebring with faded paint and possibly NJ registration,” said Interim Chief of Police Jeffrey Furtado.
“According to the witness, it appeared to be a voluntarily departure,” Furtado added during a press conference Wednesday at 4 p.m.
“She has not been seen or heard from since about 9 a.m. this morning.”
Kathryn also left without a cell phone, but with an iPod and some clothing, according to the interim police chief.
Portsmouth police issued a CodeRed and Amber Alert.
Facebook: Bring Kathryn Botelho home
If anyone has any information concerning this case is asked to contact the Portsmouth police at 401-683-0300 or Rhode Island State Police at 401-462-6237.
UPDATE I: Missing RI girl found; Amber Alert canceled.
Police say they’ve found a 13-year-old girl reported missing from her home in Portsmouth.
A Portsmouth Police spokesman said early Thursday that the girl was found alive and that an Amber Alert issued for her has been canceled. He says authorities will issue a statement with additional details later in the day.
UPDATE II: 27 year old Daniel Berger from New Jersey arrested and faces sex crime charges in connection with the abduction of 13 year old Kathryn Botelho.
A Passaic County man has been arrested in the connection with a missing 13-year-old girl from Rhode Island.
Daniel Berger, 27, of the Haskell section of Wanaque, has been charged with one count of transporting a minor with intent to engage in criminal sexual activity.
The girl was found by FBI agents at 12:30 this morning after information led them to Berger’s apartment on Ringwood Avenue in Haskell, the Providence Journal reported.
She appeared disheveled and cried “Please help me,” according to the Journal.
Agents questioned the man in the apartment who told them Berger was his roommate and that he had brought the girl there.
Home of Missing 11 Year Old Autistic Boy Terry Dewayne Smith Jr. Being Treated As a Crime Scene … Authorities Searching for Possible Human Remains (Update: Remains Found, Serving Search Warrants) (Update: The 16 Year Old Brother Arrested for Murder)
11 year old Terry Dewayne Smith Jr. has been missing since July 6, 2013 in Menifee, California. The 11 year old autistic boy went missing on Saturday at 7:30 pm at his home in the 33000 block of Helen Lane. However, there appears to be some breaking events in the case. The Menifee Mayor Scott Mann has stated that investigators are treating the home of Terry Dewayne Smith Jr. as a crime scene. According to accounts, authorities are searching for possible human remains of the missing boy at his home.
Authorities in Southern California are searching for possible human remains at the home of an 11-year-old autistic boy who vanished over the weekend.
Menifee Mayor Scott Mann says investigators are treating the home of Terry Dewayne Smith Jr. as a crime scene.
Riverside County sheriff’s Deputy Albert Martinez tells the Riverside Press-Enterprise that detectives were led to the home shortly after 1 a.m. Wednesday based on evidence indicating there might be a body there.
However, authorities aren’t releasing any details.
Remains? Hmm, the boy has supposedly only been missing since Saturday. One would think that there would be an identifiable body, not just remains at this point. That is if he actually went missing on Saturday and sadly, not if animals possible were involved.
Investigators serving a search warrant at the Menifee home of an 11-year-old autistic boy missing since Saturday have found remains and are trying to determine if they are human, sheriff’s official said.
The search for Terry Smith, missing since Saturday, has been suspended and investigators have been combing the yard of the boy’s Menifee home since early this morning.
Sheriff’s officials went to the property about 1:30 a.m. based on information there may be human remains there, said Deputy Albert Martinez, a spokesman for the Riverside County Sheriff’s Department. But Martinez did not disclose who led investigators there.
Facebook: Find Terry Smith
The 16-year-old brother of an 11-year-old autistic boy who disappeared over the weekend from his Southern California home was arrested Wednesday on a murder charge, police said.
During a news conference Wednesday, Capt. John Hill said the body of a boy who fits the description of 11-year-old Terry Smith was found overnight in a “shallow grave containing partially exposed human remains.”
For more updates, to read others comments and to post your own, go to Scared Monkeys Missing Persons Forum: Terry Smith.
- With it’s new realty show called “My Teen is Pregnant and So Am I”!
Daily Commentary – Monday, July 1, 2013 Download
- CNN is launching Crossfire … One of the panelists will be none other than former House Speaker Newt Gingrich
CNN today announced that Crossfire, previously the longest running political debate program on television, will return to the network this fall. Hosting from the right will be Newt Gingrich and S.E. Cupp, with Stephanie Cutter and Van Jones hosting from the left.
“Few programs in the history of CNN have had the kind of impact on political discourse that Crossfire did – it was a terrific program then, and we believe the time is right to bring it back and do it again,” said Jeff Zucker, President of CNN Worldwide. “We look forward to the opportunity to host passionate conversation from all sides of the political spectrum. Crossfire will be the forum where America holds its great debates.”
Daily Commentary – Thursday, June 22, 2013 – Organizing For Action Staging Gun Control Rallies Accross The Nation
- But are getting low turnout
Daily Commentary – Thursday, June 22, 2013 Download
Daily Commentary – Wednesday, June 19, 2013 – Taliban Has Agreed to Peace Talks with the US on Afghanistan
- The Taliban is opening an office in the Gulf nation of Qatar to facilitate direct peace talks with Afghanistan and the United States
Daily Commentary – Wednesday, June 19, 2013 Download
The Dana Pretzer Show – Tuesday, June 18, 2013 – With Special Guests Joel Brodsky, Robin Sax and Mary Papenfuss
LISTEN TO THE DANA PRETZER SHOW ON SCARED MONKEYS RADIO AT 9PM ET
Dana welcomes special guests:
- Attorney Joel Brodsky and Former DA Robin Sax on OJ’s claim of ineffective counsel
- Author Mary Papenfuss on her new book Killer Dads
LISTEN TONIGHT LIVE AT 9 PM ET
The Dana Pretzer Show – Tuesday, June 18, 2013 Download Podcast
Losing the Youth Vote … Obama’s Job Approval Falls 17 Points With those Age18 to 29 … Scandals, Scandals, Scandals
It finally appears that Barack Obama has lost that loving feeling of the youth vote.
Yesterday we reported that Barack Obama’s job approval in a recent CNN poll fell to 45%. However, further looking into the numbers revealed an even more glaring loss of support. Obama’s approval rating fell 17 points to 48% with those who are age 18 to 29. So what’s the reason for the drastic drop with the youth? Could it be that they finally realize that they will be paying a disproportionate share for Obamacare? Could it be that they realize they have a mountain of college debt and no job? Probably not as they have had a time to digest these fiascos under Obama. Most likely it is because they realize that Barack Obama was not the one they had been waiting for and was no different that any other lying president. The scandals are starting to even affect the young. The IRS scandal and NSA are probably highest on the list of the multiple scandals. Obama stated as a candidate he would stop wire tapping and spying on legal Americans (VIDEO); however, the youth have recently learned a much different story. Today’s youth are more wired in to the internet, Facebook and social media than any other age group. Now they realize that the president who said they would not be spied on is doing the unthinkable, spying on them. It’s time for today’s youth to grow up and understand, the “One” they had been waiting for, was not. It’s always difficult for the idealistic young to realize that their hero is nothing more than Richard Nixon.
Have all the scandals become too much even for today’s youth? They appear to have lost trust in Obama, I guess they no longer believe, in Obama, they trust.
Even more surprising: The overall decline in his approval rating was partially fueled by a plunge in support from younger Americans, a huge base of Obama’s support.
Last month, nearly two-thirds of those in the 18-29 age group gave the president a thumbs up. His approval rating among that bracket fell 17 points in Monday’s poll and now stands at 48%.
“One explanation may be that younger Americans are more likely to feel they are personally affected by the surveillance programs,” said CNN Polling Director Keating Holland. “More than half of all senior citizens, for example, think that the government has not collected their personal information, and since older Americans are less likely to use the Internet, they may be right. Among younger Americans, two-thirds believe that the federal government has gathered their personal data.”
More Analysis from CNN: Obama overseas, poll numbers under water
This administration has gotten pretty good at riding the ebbs and flows of poll numbers,” said chief national correspondent for The New York Times Magazine Mark Leibovich. “In the second term it’s easier to sort of, not shrug it off, but certainly to ride it out a little bit.”
“The president’s trend line on his popularity, and the level of trust that Americans have for him, is going down, right as many Americans feel the economy is starting to recover, and their perception’s about the economy’s starting to go up,” said CNN contributor and former senior adviser to Mitt Romney Kevin Madden.
The Week has 3 reasons why Obama, White House an Dems should be concerned.
- Obama’s base is wavering
- The trust problem could grow
- GOP attacks are starting to stick