AMBER ALERT Issued for Missing 9 Year Old Carlie Trent of Rogersville, TN … Uncle Gary Simpson Suspect (VIDEO)
AMBER ALERT ISSUED FOR 9 YEAR OLD CARLIE TRENT …
9 year old Carlie Trent of Rogersville, Tennessee has been missing since May 5, 2016. She never came home from school on Wednesday. According to Hawkins County Schools Director, Steve Starnes, “The individual who picked up Carlie Trent on May 4th had been designated in writing by the parent as having authority to pick the child up from school.”
57 year old Gary Simpson, the uncle by marriage of missing Carlie Marie Trent, picked his niece up at the school Wednesday after noon and removed her from school under false pretences.. The missing person case began as an endangered child alert late Wednesday night but was upgraded to an AMBER Alert by Thursday morning. Gary Simpson is believed to be driving a white Dodge Caravan with a dark stripe down the middle and Tennessee plates 173GPS.
Carlie Trent was removed from school Wednesday by her uncle by marriage, Gary Simpson, 57, under false pretenses, according to TBI. Police say Simpson told school officials Trent’s father was in a car accident and she may not be in school on Thursday as well. They said Simpson has no custodial rights to Carlie and their whereabouts are unknown.
Call the Rogersville Police Department at 423-272-7555 if you have information.
The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation is now issuing an AMBER alert for a missing 9-year-old Rogersville girl. Thursday morning, the alert was escalated from an endangered child alert after authorities issued a warrant for kidnapping.
Carlie’s mother Shannon Trent said, she just wants her daughter home as quickly as possible.
“I don’t understand why he did this,” said Trent. “I’m confused, our whole family is confused. We just want her back.”
Trent said as they wait for answers, she is just asking for one thing:
“Please bring her home, Gary…safe,” said Trent. “Carlie…we love you so much. Gary, please bring her home.”
Warrants for Kidnapping have been issued for Simpson as he has no custodial rights to Carlie. Their whereabouts are currently unknown, but officials believe they could be in Virginia or surrounding areas near the Tennessee, Virginia line.
Simpson was last seen driving a white 2002 Dodge Conversion van with Tennessee License Plates: 173GPS. The van has a dark stripe down the middle with light gold running boards and chipped paint on the hood.
Carlie Trent is described as 4 feet 8 inches tall and weighing 75 pounds. Carlie has blue eyes and blonde hair. She was last seen wearing a black and grey tank top and blue jeans.
Simpson is described as 5 feet 10 inches tall and weighing 157 pounds. Simpson is balding and has brown eyes and brown hair. He was last seen wearing a brown cap, a dark colored shirt and jeans.
The public is urged to call 1-800-TBI-FIND (1-800-824-3463) if you have seen Carlie Trent, Gary Simpson or the listed vehicle they are believed to be traveling in.
Authorities in Tennessee said Saturday that a reward for information leading to the safe recovery over a missing 9-year-old girl has been set at $12,500.
The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation said law enforcement officials continued searching for Carlie Marie Trent of Rogersville in the eastern part of the state. The bureau said it’s working through more than 100 tips it has received since an Amber Alert was issued Thursday.
“At this time, however, there have been no credible sightings of Carlie Trent, Gary Simpson, or the van in which investigators believe the two may be traveling,” investigators said in a statement. “Though their whereabouts are currently unknown, investigative efforts suggest they may be out of public view and in an isolated area, such as a campground or park.”
UPDATE III: New video released in case of missing Tennessee girl.
New video released on Saturday from the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation shows Carlie Trent and her uncle Gary Simpson shopping at a Rogersville grocery store shortly after she went missing.
The TBI also announced a new reward is being offered for Carlie’s safe return.
GUILTY!!! ONE DOWN, THREE TO GO …
It took the jury less than 3 hours to find 22 year old Cory Batey, a former Vanderbilt University football player guilty of rape. Batey was convicted of seven crimes in all, one count aggravated rape, two counts of attempted aggravated rape, facilitation of aggravated rape and three counts of aggravated sexual battery. Prosecutors told jurors that the woman was raped in the dorm room in a 32 minute attack that ended with Batey urinating on her and that she was then taken out into a hallway and left there like trash.
The first part of the justice has been done. Now there are three more dirt bags to convict.
A former football player at Vanderbilt University was found guilty Friday night of raping an unconscious student in a dorm room, an attack that was photographed and videotaped by teammates, according to testimony. One of the players sent video of the assault to friends as it was happening.
At a time of intense scrutiny of the issue of campus sexual assault nationally, with federal civil rights investigations related to sexual violence underway at more than 160 colleges across the country, along with countless prevention and awareness efforts, the Vanderbilt case came to symbolize some of the worst horrors of hard-partying campus culture, the dangers of excessive drinking and the importance of bystander intervention.
Four former football players were charged with rape and violations of the student, but only one was on trial this week. After a week of testimony, the jury took less than three hours to find Cory Batey, 22, of Nashville, guilty of aggravated rape, two counts of attempted aggravated rape, facilitation of aggravated rape and three counts of aggravated sexual battery, the Associated Press reported.
21 year old David “DJ” Breunig of Westbrook, Maine has been missing since Friday, February 26, 2016 in Orono, ME. Breunig is a junior at the Maine Maritime Academy in Castine. He was last seen leaving a residence on North Main Avenue in Orono on Friday night. Police describe David Breunig as 6 feet 4 inches fall with a slim, athletic build, with blue eyes and brown hair. He was last seen wearing a black shirt, dark jeans and brown Timberland boots. Attempts to reach the missing student on his cellphone were not successful.
Missing – David “DJ” Breunig: Hancock County Sheriff’s Office
The search for a missing Maine Maritime Academy student continued Sunday, but ended at sundown without any conclusions.
David “DJ” Breunig, 21, of Westbrook, a junior at the academy in Castine, was last seen leaving a residence on North Main Avenue in Orono on Friday night.
He has not been seen or heard from since.
Sunday’s search involved crews form the Maine Warden Service, Forest Service and DEEMI Search & Rescue.
Crews searched in the neighborhood where Breunig was last seen and near the Penobscot River.
If anyone has any information regarding David “DJ” Breunig, please contact Lt. Christopher Thornton of the Hancock County Sheriff’s Office at 667-7575 or the Orono Police Department through the Penobscot County Regional Communications Center at 945-4636.
Police, game wardens and volunteers searched the Penobscot River in Bangor on Sunday for a Maine Maritime Academy student who was last seen in Orono on Friday night, said Orono police Chief Josh Ewing.
Ewing said that aerial and ground searches were conducted to find David Breunig, 21, of Westbrook who disappeared after leaving a residence in the Crosby Street neighborhood around 11:30 p.m. Friday.
The Maine Warden Service and Down East Emergency Medicine Institute assisted in the search, Ewing said.
Dog tracking teams were brought in as well, Ewing said.
Down East Emergency Medicine Institute Operations Director Richard Bowie said Sunday that the Orono-based group has provided two Humvee teams to the effort, as well as additional personnel who were searching the banks of the Stillwater River and the area where the Stillwater meets the Penobscot River.
FSU SHOULD BE ASHAMED, BECAUSE WE ALL KNOW A NEAR MILLION DOLLAR SETTLEMENT IS ALWAYS PAID OUT FOR FALSE ALLEGATIONS …
The Florida State University Seminols have finally settled the federal Title IX lawsuit with Erica Kinsman, the former female FSU student who accused quarterback Jameis Winston in 2012 of rape. FSU agreed to pay Kinsman $950,000, an amount that includes attorney’s fees, as well as make a five-year commitment to awareness, prevention and training programs. WOW, really, a 5 year commitment to rape awareness and prevention. Just 5 years? For a university that did everything to delay and cover up this crime so that their QB could win FSU a National Championship, they should just hang their heads in shame. The lump sum is the largest settlement for Title IX claims regarding indifference to a student’s sexual assault. Because Jameis Winston was innocent of course. Sure he was, sarcasm intended.
Florida State has settled a federal Title IX lawsuit with Erica Kinsman, a former student who said she was raped by quarterback Jameis Winston in 2012.
The settlement was announced on Monday, more than a year after she initially filed the complaint in federal court.
FSU agreed to pay Kinsman $950,000 – an amount that includes attorney’s fees – as well as make a five-year commitment to awareness, prevention and training programs. The lump sum is the largest settlement for Title IX claims regarding indifference to a student’s reported sexual assault.
“I will always be disappointed that I had to leave the school I dreamed of attending since I was little,” Kinsman said in a statement. “I am happy that FSU has committed to continue making changes in order to ensure a safer environment for all students.”
FSU did not admit to liability in the settlement, which university president John Thrasher said the school agreed to in order to avoid additional litigation expenses.
“We have an obligation to our students, their parents and Florida taxpayers to deal with this case, as we do all litigation, in a financially responsible manner,” Thrasher said in a statement. “With all the economic demands we face, at some point it doesn’t make sense to continue even though we are convinced we would have prevailed.
Local police who investigated and the Florida DA who dismissed this this rape case should also be ashamed. The idea that you thought a college football player was above the law is disgusting. Maybe the DA should have followed the words of Samantha Ponder, ESPN’s Samantha Ponder Shreds Florida St QB Jameis Winston … “We’re Asking that You Don’t Lie, You Don’t Cheat, You Don’t Steal, and You Don’t Disrespect Women.”
In a Sept. 22 deposition, which was obtained by USA TODAY Sports, Fisher said that he was not aware of FSU’s policy about sexual battery around the time the allegation against Winston was first reported to police and initially investigated.
In a deposition previously released to USA TODAY Sports, Tallahassee police detective Scott Angulo admitted to missteps and other investigative steps that could have been taken in the early days of the criminal investigation when Kinsman first deported in December 2012.
She alleged then that Winston raped her in his apartment after they had met at Potbelly’s, a bar near campus. The investigation sat dormant for nine months before state attorney Willie Meggs declined to file criminal charges in December 2013.
School Shooting in Canada Leaves 4 Dead, Including 23-year-old Teacher. Update: Suspect in Custody, Update: Marie Janvier, Adam Wood and brothers Dayne & Drayden Fontaine
Four people are dead and a suspect is in custody after a school shooting Friday in La Loche, in northern Saskatchewan, Canada. The shootings took place at a local home and high school. The victims have been identified as Marie Janvier, Adam Wood and brothers Dayne and Drayden Fontaine
Royal Canadian Mounted Police confirmed the deaths and arrest, according to the Saskatoon Star Phoenix, but have released few details about the incident, including a clear timeline of events, the identities of the victims or suspect or possible charges in the deaths.
Authorities first received a report about 1 p.m. local time about gunfire at La Loche Community School, according to CNN, and a suspect was in custody by 1:47 p.m.
The town’s acting mayor, Kevin Janvier, said that his 23-year-old daughter Marie Janvier was among the dead, according to the BBC, and that police had told him the suspect allegedly killed two siblings before allegedly opening fire at the school.
Authorities are investigating two locations, according to the CBC: The school and a nearby residence.
Desjarlais-Thomas forwarded to The Canadian Press a screenshot of a chilling exchange that had taken place on social media a short time before the shooting between a young male and his friends.
“Just killed 2 ppl,” wrote the young male. “Bout to shoot ip the school.”
“Why?” asked a friend. “Why?”