THIS IS HARDLY A POSITIVE SIGN …
A new Pew Research Center analysis shows that for the first time in more than 130 years, adults ages 18 to 34 were living with their parents rather than with a spouse, partner, roomie or on their own. In 2014, about 32.1% of 18- to 34-year-olds lived with their parents and only 31.6% lived with a significant other, down about 30 points from 1960. It appears to not just be an American thing, its happening abroad as well.
Broad demographic shifts in marital status, educational attainment and employment have transformed the way young adults in the U.S. are living, and a new Pew Research Center analysis of census data highlights the implications of these changes for the most basic element of their lives – where they call home. In 2014, for the first time in more than 130 years, adults ages 18 to 34 were slightly more likely to be living in their parents’ home than they were to be living with a spouse or partner in their own household. 1
This turn of events is fueled primarily by the dramatic drop in the share of young Americans who are choosing to settle down romantically before age 35. Dating back to 1880, the most common living arrangement among young adults has been living with a romantic partner, whether a spouse or a significant other. This type of arrangement peaked around 1960, when 62% of the nation’s 18- to 34-year-olds were living with a spouse or partner in their own household, and only one-in-five were living with their parents. 2
By 2014, 31.6% of young adults were living with a spouse or partner in their own household, below the share living in the home of their parent(s) (32.1%). Some 14% of young adults were heading up a household in which they lived alone, were a single parent or lived with one or more roommates. The remaining 22% lived in the home of another family member (such as a grandparent, in-law or sibling), a non-relative, or in group quarters (college dormitories fall into this category)
EgyptAir Flight 804 Vanishes From Radar with 66 People Aboard … Terrorism or Mechanical Failure? (Update: Plane “Swerved and then Plunged”)
EgyptAir Flight 804 vanished from radar.
CNN is reporting that EgyptAir Flight 804 vanished from radar on its way from Paris to Cairo with 66 people aboard. There were 56 passengers, including one child two babies and 10 crew members. The plane disappeared from radar about 10 miles after entering Egyptian airspace. Search teams have been sent to last recorded location of the plane about 30-40 miles north of Egtpt’s coast. According to reports, weather conditions were clear and calm when the plane crossed over the Mediterranean Sea.
EgyptAir Flight 804 vanished from radar on its way from Paris to Cairo with 66 people aboard, the airline said Thursday.
The plane was flying at 37,000 feet when it lost contact overnight above the Mediterranean Sea, the airline tweeted. French President Francois Hollande said he had been told the flight crashed.
It’s too early in the investigation to say for sure what caused the disaster, and at this point experts say anything from mechanical failure to the terrorism is a possibility.
A distress signal was detected in the general vicinity where the flight disappeared, said Capt. Ahmed Adel, a vice chairman at EgyptAir. The signal was detected at 4:26 a.m. — about 2 hours after the jet vanished, he said. Adel said the distress signal could have come from another vessel in the Mediterranean. But the Egyptian armed forces stressed that they had not received a distress call. There’s no confirmed information on the status of the missing plane, Egyptian Prime Minister Sherif Ismail said.
The EgyptAir flight “swerved and then plunged” before its descent into the Mediterranean, the Greek Defense Minister said during a news conference.
“At 3:37am local time, immediately after the aircraft entered Cairo airspace at 37,000 feet, the aircraft swerved 90 degrees left and then 360 degrees to the right and descended from 37,000 feet to 15,000 feet and then 10,000 feet, when we lost the signal,” Panos Kammenos told reporters in Athens.
French President Francois Hollande told a press conference that the plane had crashed, but said it was too soon to speculate as to the cause.
“No hypothesis can be ruled out,” he said.
Egyptian and Greek authorities are searching for the plane, which was flying at an altitude of nearly 37,000 feet when it disappeared from radar shortly before it was due to land.
Almost immediately after entering Egyptian airspace the plane swerved sharply and then lost altitude before it dropped off radar, Greece’s Defense Minister Panos Kammenos told a press conference.
When the plane vanished it was about 175 miles away from Egypt’s coast, according to officials. [...]
Airbus — the maker of the plane — said in a statement that it regretted to confirm that “an A320 operated by Egyptair was lost” over the Mediterranean Sea.
French and Egyptian officials stressed they were closely cooperating to determine what caused the crash. Radar showed no adverse weather in the area at the time of the jet’s disappearance.
Egyptian and Greek authorities were focusing search efforts in the Mediterranean Sea.
The Greek military confirmed that one of its frigates and two of its aircraft were assisting in the operation about 130 nautical miles south-southeast of the island of Karpathos.
Was Terrorism to blame?
Egypt’s prime minister says he can’t “rule out” the possibility that a terrorist attack brought the plane down. He says there was no “distress call” but there was a “signal” from the plane.
A search was launched to find the downed aircraft, but an Israeli newspaper quoted witnesses as saying they saw a fireball in the sky around the time the plane disappeared.
The Greek Defense Minister said the flight abrupt turns, suddenly lost altitude and then vanished from radar.
UPDATE IV: Egyptian minister says plane crash search widens.
Egyptian Civil Aviation Minister Sherif Fathi said Egypt-Greek search for debris of crashed EgyptAir plane off Greek island of Karpathos is expanding.
Hours after the plane disappeared on Thursday, Fathi told reporters in Cairo that the diameter of the search area will widen, moving further south of the island.
Meanwhile, Egypt’s chief prosecutor Nabil Sadek says he has ordered an “urgent investigation” into crash of EgyptAir plane. Sadek instructed the National Security Prosecutor to open an “extensive investigation” in the incident.
Greece’s defense minister, Panos Kammenos, says Greece has a submarine on standby which is participating in a NATO exercise about 100 miles (160 kms) away from the presumed crash area, while F-16 fighter jets stationed on Crete could also be used if necessary. The country already has a navy frigate, two military transport planes and a radar plane participating in the search and rescue operation, while he said Egypt had sent a C-130 military transport plane and two F-16s.
France is providing Falcon navy support aircraft, he said, while Greece has contacted the US and Russia, and the American side has offered and Greece has accepted the help of a maritime support aircraft.
GAME, SET, MATCH ON ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION … DEMOCRAT ICON BILL CLINTON SOUNDS LIKE DONALD TRUMP.
Simply amazing … My how far the Democrat party has come from the days of Bill Clinton and his eight years in office. Take a good look at the VIDEOS below where the former president discusses his stance on illegal immigration and his efforts to stop it. From Bill Clinton’s 1996 State of the Union comes the following comments, “We are still a nation of immigrants; we should be proud of it. We should honor every legal immigrant here, working hard to become a new citizen. But we are also a nation of laws.” How on earth is Hillary Clinton going to denounce that? Bill Clinton is the elder-statesman of the Democrat party. However, the socialists and uber-leftists in the Democrat party, including Barack Hussein Obama, believe in open borders.
Bill Clinton sounds an awful lot more like Donald Trump than he does Hillary Clinton when it comes to border security. Did you hear Clinton use the word illegal aliens like 5 times. Isn’t that word banned in the Democrat party these days? As one can plainly see, the Democrat party is no longer the party of JFK, hell, it isn’t even the party of Bill Clinton. I can’t wait for the campaign ads and the debates on illegal immigration when Trump throw’s Bill’s words in Hillary’s face.
From RCP comes the following flashback in time to Clinton’s 1996 State of the Union address:
But there are some areas that the federal government should not leave and should address and address strongly. One of these areas is the problem of illegal immigration. After years of neglect, this administration has taken a strong stand to stiffen the protection of our borders. We are increasing border controls by 50 percent. We are increasing inspections to prevent the hiring of illegal immigrants. And tonight, I announce I will sign an executive order to deny federal contracts to businesses that hire illegal immigrants.
Let me be very clear about this: We are still a nation of immigrants; we should be proud of it. We should honor every legal immigrant here, working hard to become a new citizen. But we are also a nation of laws.
The Democrat party has gone from having a president in Bill Clinton in 1996 that would sign an executive order to protect the sovereignty and uphold the laws of the United States to Barack Obama who would have no US borders and destroy America.
From FOX News comes the following new witness recounting the night of the Benghazi terror attacks that left four Americans dead, including Ambassador Chris Stevens. As the Benghazi consulate was under fire on September 11, 2012, hundreds of miles away an Air Force squadron answered the call. Its members raced to arm and ready their aircraft to provide the support those on the ground desperately needed. The order never came.
Honestly, this is one of the most despicable and negligent military reactions to Americans in harms way in history. The only acts that may be more despicable and cowardice is the coverup that has occurred since to protect politicians like Obama and Hillary Clinton. The Obama administration waited and waited and waited and did nothing. Then they blamed it all on a film maker. This one act alone should disqualify Hillary Clinton, then Secretart of State, from ever being President of the United States and Commander in Chief.
His squadron got the alert: a “real world mission was going down.”
The team – at Aviano Air Base in northeastern Italy – raced to the field and was briefed, as planes were armed and prepared to launch. Hundreds of miles away, fellow Americans were under attack in Benghazi.
“There were people everywhere,” said the witness, who was on the ground that night but wished to remain anonymous. “That flight line was full of people, and we were all ready to go” to Benghazi.
Only they were waiting for the order. It never came.
“The whole night we were told that we are waiting on a call,” he told Fox News.
This account is from a squadron member at Aviano the night of the Sept. 11, 2012, terror attack in Benghazi. The source, the first in his squadron to speak out publicly since that attack, is going public to explain – in his view – that more could have been done to save Americans under attack that night.
He asked that his identity be protected for fear of retribution. He says others in his squadron also have wanted to talk about Benghazi from the beginning, but no others have been interviewed and all are afraid of the potential backlash from speaking out.
The new witness who had to have his identity protected for fear of retribution stated that his squadron could have helped. Although they may not have been able to have helped Ambassador Chris Stevens and information officer Sean Smith were killed in the initial attack on the main compound, they could have saved Former Navy SEALs Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty were killed in that second wave, some 7 to 9 hours later.
“I’m not trying to give away any type of [information] that could ever harm the military,” the source told Fox News. “That is never my plan. I feel that some things need to come to light.”
Namely, he said, that a team was ready to go that night to help protect Americans under fire in Benghazi – an account that runs counter to multiple official reports, including from a House committee, a timeline provided by the military and the controversial State Department Accountability Review Board investigation, which concluded the interagency response to Benghazi was “timely and appropriate.”
The source said: “I definitely believe that our aircraft could have taken off and gotten there in a timely manner, maybe three hours at the most, in order to at least stop that second mortar attack … and basically save lives that day.”
Former Navy SEALs Tyrone Woods and Glen Doherty were killed in that second wave. Ambassador Chris Stevens and information officer Sean Smith were killed in the initial attack on the main compound.
“We could have been there. That’s the worst part,” the source said.
- Officials expect it to burn for months. On another note, even though the primary isn’t over, Trump and Clinton act as though it is
Daily Commentary – Monday, May 9, 2016 Download