Losing the Youth Vote … Obama’s Job Approval Falls 17 Points With those Age18 to 29 … Scandals, Scandals, Scandals
It finally appears that Barack Obama has lost that loving feeling of the youth vote.
Yesterday we reported that Barack Obama’s job approval in a recent CNN poll fell to 45%. However, further looking into the numbers revealed an even more glaring loss of support. Obama’s approval rating fell 17 points to 48% with those who are age 18 to 29. So what’s the reason for the drastic drop with the youth? Could it be that they finally realize that they will be paying a disproportionate share for Obamacare? Could it be that they realize they have a mountain of college debt and no job? Probably not as they have had a time to digest these fiascos under Obama. Most likely it is because they realize that Barack Obama was not the one they had been waiting for and was no different that any other lying president. The scandals are starting to even affect the young. The IRS scandal and NSA are probably highest on the list of the multiple scandals. Obama stated as a candidate he would stop wire tapping and spying on legal Americans (VIDEO); however, the youth have recently learned a much different story. Today’s youth are more wired in to the internet, Facebook and social media than any other age group. Now they realize that the president who said they would not be spied on is doing the unthinkable, spying on them. It’s time for today’s youth to grow up and understand, the “One” they had been waiting for, was not. It’s always difficult for the idealistic young to realize that their hero is nothing more than Richard Nixon.
Have all the scandals become too much even for today’s youth? They appear to have lost trust in Obama, I guess they no longer believe, in Obama, they trust.
Even more surprising: The overall decline in his approval rating was partially fueled by a plunge in support from younger Americans, a huge base of Obama’s support.
Last month, nearly two-thirds of those in the 18-29 age group gave the president a thumbs up. His approval rating among that bracket fell 17 points in Monday’s poll and now stands at 48%.
“One explanation may be that younger Americans are more likely to feel they are personally affected by the surveillance programs,” said CNN Polling Director Keating Holland. “More than half of all senior citizens, for example, think that the government has not collected their personal information, and since older Americans are less likely to use the Internet, they may be right. Among younger Americans, two-thirds believe that the federal government has gathered their personal data.”
More Analysis from CNN: Obama overseas, poll numbers under water
This administration has gotten pretty good at riding the ebbs and flows of poll numbers,” said chief national correspondent for The New York Times Magazine Mark Leibovich. “In the second term it’s easier to sort of, not shrug it off, but certainly to ride it out a little bit.”
“The president’s trend line on his popularity, and the level of trust that Americans have for him, is going down, right as many Americans feel the economy is starting to recover, and their perception’s about the economy’s starting to go up,” said CNN contributor and former senior adviser to Mitt Romney Kevin Madden.
The Week has 3 reasons why Obama, White House an Dems should be concerned.
- Obama’s base is wavering
- The trust problem could grow
- GOP attacks are starting to stick
ACLU Files Lawsuit Challenging NSA’s Patriot Act Phone Surveillance Against We the People … Violates Americans’ Constitutional Rights of Free Speech, Association & Privacy
Once again we are witness to a government that has become just too big.
As reported at the New York Times, the ACLU has filed a aw suit against the federal government challenging the NSA’s phone surveillance against “We the People”. In an interesting twist, the left leaning ACLU has filed a law suit against the far-Left Obama administration over the collection of logs of domestic phone calls of all Americans where they were the target of an investigation or suspected of terrorism or not. The law suit names Director of National Intelligence James Clapper, NSA Director Keith Alexander, Attorney General Eric Holder, Defense Secretary Charles Hagel and FBI Director Robert Mueller III as defendants. It is pretty bad when the ACLU is forced to sue the Obama administration over such an issue, or face a complete lack of credibility.
The American Civil Liberties Union sued the Obama administration on Tuesday over its “dragnet” collection of logs of domestic phone calls, contending that the once-secret program — whose existence was exposed last week by a former National Security Agency contractor — is illegal and asking a judge to stop it and order the records purged.
The lawsuit could set up an eventual Supreme Court test. It could also focus attention on this disclosure amid the larger heap of top secret surveillance matters revealed by Edward J. Snowden, the former N.S.A. contractor who came forward Sunday to say he was their source.
I have personally disagreed with many actions in the past and inactions by the ACLU, who is supposed to defend all Americans civil liberties. However, I have to give them credit here. The ACLU filed a law suit charging that the program violates Americans’ constitutional rights of free speech, association, and privacy. It is troubling that the US government thinks that it can just sweep up all data without any cause of legal search and seizure. It is even more eye opening that Barack Obama when he was Senator and candidate Obama ridiculed and vilified this program. When he became president, the program went on steroids.
In the wake of the past week’s revelations about the NSA’s unprecedented mass surveillance of phone calls, today the ACLU filed a lawsuit charging that the program violates Americans’ constitutional rights of free speech, association, and privacy.
This lawsuit comes a day after we submitted a motion to the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Court (FISC) seeking the release of secret court opinions on the Patriot Act’s Section 215, which has been interpreted to authorize this warrantless and suspicionless collection of phone records. [...]
The ACLU’s complaint filed today explains that the dragnet surveillance the government is carrying out under Section 215 infringes upon the ACLU’s First Amendment rights, including the twin liberties of free expression and free association. The nature of the ACLU’s work—in areas like access to reproductive services, racial discrimination, the rights of immigrants, national security, and more—means that many of the people who call the ACLU wish to keep their contact with the organization confidential. Yet if the government is collecting a vast trove of ACLU phone records—and it has reportedly been doing so for as long as seven years—many people may reasonably think twice before communicating with us.
Legal Insurrection reminds us that this was not the first law suit filed when it comes to the NSA data dragnet, Larry Klayman, former chairman of ‘Judicial Watch’ filed one as well.
On Sunday, a similar suit was filed by Larry Klayman, former chairman of Judicial Watch, against President Obama, Eric Holder, Keith Alexander, the NSA and Verizon CEO Lowell McAdam, among others. The suit claims that the government’s phone surveillance activities “violates the U.S. Constitution and also federal laws, including, but not limited to, the outrageous breach of privacy, freedom of speech, freedom of association, and the due process rights of American citizens.”
Hope the Journal News is Happy .. Elderly Gun Owner’s Home Outed By NY Newspaper Is Burglarized to Steal his Guns … What a Coincidence His Name and Address was Just Published
Who didn’t see this one coming?
It was only a matter of time, a White Plains elder man’s home was robbed whose residence, name and guns he owned was shamefully published on the web by the Journal News. The burglars targeted the man’s gun safe. What a coincidence, eh? As reported on the video at Newsday, neighbors stated that they cannot even remember the last time there was a break in/robbery in their community. Yet another coincidence after the liberal Journal News outed law abiding citizens and published their addresses and the guns they owned and put them in harms way.
I hope the folks at the Journal News are proud of themselves. Thanks for making law abiding citizens and individuals who follow the rules at risk to the scum of America. Those who criticized the Journal News for doing this outrageous action said that they had violated these individual’s privacy and subjected them to danger. Looks like they were 100% correct.
A White Plains residence pinpointed on a controversial handgun permit database was burglarized Saturday, and the burglars’ target was the homeowner’s gun safe.
At least two burglars broke into a home on Davis Avenue at 9:30 p.m. Saturday but were unsuccessful in an attempt to open the safe, which contained legally owned weapons, according to a law enforcement source. One suspect was taken into custody, the source said.
The gun owner was not home when the burglary occurred, the source said. The victim, who is in his 70s, told Newsday on Sunday that he did not want to comment while the police investigation continues.
Police are investigating what role, if any, the database played in the burglars’ decision to target the home, the law enforcement source said.
White Plains police Lt. Eric Fischer confirmed that a burglary occurred but would not release further information Sunday.
The burglary is being investigated by the police, one suspect has been arrested.
Mums the word these days from the Journal News is explaining themselves as to why the outed law abiding Americans who had committed no crime. What will they say when some one is killed thanks to their irresponsible journalism?