HEY MEGYN, DON’T ASK FOR THINGS THEY MIGHT JUST COME TRUE ... NEXT UP, THERE IS PLENTY OF TALENT TO REPLACE MEGYN.
Megyn Kelly is leaving Fox News and headed to NBC. My first thought is, good riddance. My second is, next up. It had been rumored for quite dome time and now its official. The 46 year old Megyn Kelly is leaving the news organization and fan base that made her to go a news entity that is as liberal as it gets. The MSM would like to make this be a blow to FOX News and its demise. Really? Long before Megyn, Fox News was the most watched cable channel and they will be after. According to reports, Kelly was offered $20 million to stay with FNC. Her new salary with NBC has not been revealed. All that money just to act snarky, unreal. As per reports, Kelly’s role at NBC News will be multifaceted. She will host a new one-hour daytime program that will air Monday through Friday at a time to be announced, a Sunday night news magazine program, and she will “become an important contributor to NBC’s breaking news coverage as well as the network’s political and special events coverage.”
For Megyn Kelly, the shift from Fox News to NBC — where she will host a daily daytime show and a Sunday newsmagazine program — will be a test of whether she can connect with a broader audience in a different format and reach another level of television stardom.
But her move, announced Tuesday, has broader implications for the television news industry, raising new questions about the future of Fox News, where she was a countervailing presence in an opinion lineup heavy with right-leaning ideology, and of NBC News, which has been a longtime bête noire for conservative press critics. And it comes as all news organizations gird for a new era of media coverage that arrives Jan. 20 with the inauguration of Donald J. Trump.
The Murdoch family, which controls Fox News’s parent company, 21st Century Fox, had become so invested in Ms. Kelly as a franchise that they were prepared to pay her a salary of more than $20 million a year.
But now Fox News, long the cable news ratings leader and an influential voice in the national political debate, is on course to begin coverage of a new administration with no prime-time anchor with Ms. Kelly’s history of challenging Mr. Trump. Her show, “The Kelly File,” was sandwiched between the top-rated program of Bill O’Reilly — she was regularly second to him in the cable news ratings — and that of Mr. Trump’s major booster, Sean Hannity.
My personal opinion is that Megyn will become a small fish in a big liberal pond and probably rue the day she made this jump. I cannot believe that her career will be cultivated as it was at FOX. This almost appears to be addition by subtraction by NBC.
Legal Insurrection has a poll of who they think should take Kelly’s place. My choice would be Laura Ingraham, with Dana Loesch being a very close second.
Kelly’s salary at NBC is not known, but it’s expected to be in the $15 to $20 million range. However, it has been reported that Fox News had offered her $25 million year and a 4 year deal.
Megyn Kelly’s new daytime show on NBC is expected to replace Today’s 9 a.m. hour, sources said Wednesday.
NBC News declined to comment. A network source said that timing on everything involving Kelly is still up in the air, including when she will join NBC News and when her new shows will debut. Speaking Tuesday evening on her Fox News Channel show, The Kelly File, Kelly said her last show would air Friday. Her contract with Fox News runs through July though, so she may not be able to officially join NBC News until that contract expires.
Besides hosting her own daytime program, Kelly also will anchor a Sunday night news magazine and jump in on breaking news and political stories.
The 9 a.m. hour of Today has been a trouble spot for NBC. It tries to be a take on the panel talk show, with Al Roker and Tamron Hall leading a discussion of pop culture and light news with multiple hosts. Last August, the hour suffered a further setback when Today brought on Billy Bush to lead the hour, and soon Bush and Roker were clashing on air about Bush’s kid-gloves interview of Olympic swimmer Ryan Lochte. Bush was then fired in October after video leaked of him and now-President-elect Donald Trump speaking lewdly about women.
Bill O’Reilly ‘Is It Legal’ 12/20/2016 … Barack Obama Pardons 78, Commutes 153 Sentences that Includes Dangerous and Armed Criminals
According to Obama these criminals are supposed to be low level and non-violent drug offenses. REALLY? The people who have been given pardons and had sentences commuted were arrested with guns. And thus you have the legacy of Barack Hussein Obama.
The O’Reilly Factor’: Bill O’Reilly’s Talking Points 12/19/16 Discusses Phony Stories and Fake Media News
Why is it okay for the MSM to spread their own fake news and then call other news fake?
Black Man Arrested for Arson in Burning of African-American Hopewell Missionary Baptist Church in Greenville, Mississippi
BLACK MAN ARRESTED IN MISSISSIPPI CHURCH BURNING …
Andrew McClinton was arrested Wednesday for arson in the burning of an African-American church spray-painted with the words, “Vote Trump.” So was McClinton a Trump supporter or a white supremacist … nope. Andrew McClinton of Leland, Mississippi, is an African-American and a member of the congregation. You just can’t make this stuff up Hopewell Missionary Baptist Church in Greenville, Mississippi, was burned and vandalized November 1, a week before the 2016 presidential election. Who thinks that this was an effort to create fake news against Donald Trump so an all too willing liberal MSM would run with the story of churches being burned in Mississippi and tying it false to Trump?It is just another example of “fake hate”.
The burning of this black Mississippi church was called a hate crime and now a black parishioner has been arrested for the crime. So now what? Is it not still a hate crime? Wasn’t the intent to make it look like a hate crime so to make it look like a Trump supporter did it so the Democrats and MSM could run with racism stories?
Mississippi authorities have made an arrest in the burning of an African-American church spray-painted with the words, “Vote Trump.”
Mississippi Department of Public Safety spokesman Warren Strain says Andrew McClinton of Leland, Mississippi, who is African-American, is charged with first-degree arson of a place of worship.
McClinton was arrested Wednesday. Hopewell Missionary Baptist Church in Greenville, Mississippi, was burned and vandalized Nov. 1, a week before the presidential election.
It was not immediately clear whether McClinton is represented by an attorney.
Greenville is a Mississippi River port city of about 32,100 people, and about 78 percent of its residents are African-American.
Are you joking, not politically motivated? So if a black man burns down a black church and writes “vote Trump” on the church to make it look like a political hate crime, its not politically motivated. But if a white supremacist did, it is? Seriously? Add one more reason why Donald Trump was elected president as common sense Americans are sick and tired of the double standard.
The state fire marshal said investigators do not believe the fire was politically motivated, but there a signs it may have been done to appear that way.
Andrew McClinton, 45, of Leland, Mississippi, is scheduled to make an initial court appearance Thursday in Greenville — the city where Hopewell Missionary Baptist Church was burned and vandalized Nov. 1, a week before the presidential election.
The investigation is continuing, and officials have not revealed a possible motive.
“We do not believe it was politically motivated. There may have been some efforts to make it appear politically motivated,” Mississippi Insurance Commissioner Mike Chaney, who is also the fire marshal, told AP.
Mississippi Department of Corrections records show McClinton was sentenced in 1991 to three years’ probation for a grand larceny conviction in Washington County, where Greenville is the county seat. His probation was revoked in 1992 for receiving stolen property in Greenville, said Department of Corrections spokeswoman Grace Simmons Fisher.
Yasmin Seweid, Woman Accused Of Making Up Story Of Anti-Muslim Harassment On Subway … Update: Arrested for Filing a False Police Report
HMM, DO THE DEMOCRATS AND MSM CARE ABOUT THIS FAKE NEWS ….
18 year old Yasmin Seweid, the woman who claimed she was a victim of a hate crime and anti-Muslim harassment appears to have made up the entire story. Oh wait MSM and Democrats, would that be fake news? The Muslim student who said she was harassed on the subway by drunken, hate-spewing white men shouting “Donald Trump!” It was all a lie. She made the story up because she broke curfew. She was charged with filing a false police report and obstructing governmental administration. So we are presented once again with another phony “Islamophobic” hate crime that the MSM was all too willing to embrace and jump on. Maybe the hate crime is that she accused Christians of assault?
Police on Wednesday said a New Hyde Park teen made up a story about being verbally attacked on a New York City subway train because she is Muslim.
Yasmin Seweid, 18, was brought in for questioning by police around 2:30 p.m., sources told CBS2. She was charged with filing a false police report and obstructing governmental administration, sources said.
Seweid claimed that she was verbally assaulted by a group of three men on the subway around 10 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 1. She told CBS2’s Tracee Carrasco she got on the No. 6 Train at 23rd Street and Park Avenue after leaving an event at Baruch College.
“I heard them talk, but I had my headphones in, I wasn’t really listening, I had a long day. And they came closer and I distinctly heard them saying, ‘Donald Trump,’” she said.
“They were surrounding me from behind and they were like, ‘Oh look, it’s an f-ing terrorist,’” she said. “I didn’t answer. They pulled my strap of the bag and it ripped, and that’s when I turned around and I was really polite and I was like, ‘can you please leave me alone?’ and everyone was looking, no one said a thing, everyone just looked away.”
Seweid said no one stopped the men, not even when she claimed they tried to tear off her hijab.
“They kept saying, ‘You don’t belong here, get out of this country, go back to your country,’ and finally they came really close and they were like, ‘Take that rag off your head,’” she said.
Seweid also criticized President-elect Donald Trump personally.
Since Donald Trump’s election night victory and at the direction of Hillary Clinton campaign operatives, social media users have been scolded and warned over the scourge of “fake news” from supposedly respected journalistic outlets, on the web and on network television. Clinton herself, just last week, even blamed her election loss partly on the dangerous spread of fake news.
So enter the curious case of Yasmin Seweid, the 18 year old New York City college student whose story of being harassed and assaulted by three Donald Trump supporters on a line 6 subway train went viral. This came on the heels of reports — many exaggerated — a so-called “surge” in Trump-fueled, hate-filled activity.