IMAGINE THAT, AN ESTABLISHMENT REPUBLICAN HAS THE LIBERAL MSM TURN ON THEM AND NOW THEY CAN EMPATHIZE WITH TRUMP?
As reported at The Hill, Sen. Bob Corker (R-TN) stated that he had a “newfound empathy” for President Donald Trump after the MSM that had been so kind to him in the past, turned on him as he received his own brand of fake new coverage. The fake news charge was in reference to the so-called “Corker kickback” that was alleged by the liberal MSM and the LEFT. Of course it was false and categorically denied by Sen. Corker. But what else would you expect the LEFT to do but lie? However, it is better late than never that Corker, who has feuded with Trump over the past year, that Corker now knows what it feels like to walk for one second in the shoes of President Donald Trump. Maybe Republicans, especially RINO’s and establishment Republicans will now understand where the MSM’s allegiance really lay.
Sen. Bob Corker (R-Tenn.) said Thursday he has “newfound empathy” for President Trump after a report he benefited from a provision in the final GOP tax bill went viral.
“I told (Trump) that I’d had a healthy respect for the media and I deal with them all the time, and, you know, to attack the media has not been something I’ve done,” Corker said on Fox News.
“I’ve never ever in my life used the work ‘fake news’ until today. I actually understand what it is the president has been dealing with,” he continued.
Corker was responding to a story first reported by International Business Times and picked up by other outlets that a provision added to the tax bill during the reconciliation process would directly benefit those with real estate holdings, like Corker.
Corker said he was unaware of the provision, and said it was included in the House version of the bill then included in the final version submitted from a conference committee.
Corker said he spoke with Trump on Wednesday about his “newfound empathy” for the president, who has frequently singled out news outlets for their reporting and labeled them “fake news.”
“He just mentioned that he’d been dealing with this for over a year, and look, I’m sorry I’ve witnessed it firsthand, it is not good,” Corker said. “I know other people have witnessed the same. I have a newfound empathy for what he and others have been dealing with this in this regard.”
YES VIRGINIA, THERE IS A SANTA CLAUS, CHRISTMAS COMES EARLY AND GOOD RIDDANCE …
As reported at The Politico, CNN will not be attending this year’s White House Christmas party. I am sure Presidential Donald Trump is going to lose sleep over this. Maybe CNN will have more time now instead of attending the party to edit their news to make sure it is not fake. In response to CNN’s non-attendance, White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders tweeted Tuesday night, “Christmas comes early! Finally, good news from @CNN.” They are only hurting themselves and further proving they are not a news organization by taking things so personally. CNN is becoming less and less relevant every day.
Adding fuel to its growing feud with President Donald Trump, CNN told POLITICO it will be boycotting the White House Christmas party for the media this year.
“CNN will not be attending this year’s White House Christmas party,” a CNN spokesperson said. “In light of the President’s continued attacks on freedom of the press and CNN, we do not feel it is appropriate to celebrate with him as his invited guests. We will send a White House reporting team to the event and report on it if news warrants.”
The annual event, scheduled for Friday at 2 p.m., is typically seen as a time when reporters and their bosses can mingle freely with administration members, but Trump’s posture toward the press has been uniquely aggressive.
Since Trump began his run for office, CNN has been one of his favorite targets. He has often criticized the network as “fake news” and alleged that the network makes up stories.
In response to this news, White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders tweeted Tuesday night, “Christmas comes early! Finally, good news from @CNN.”
UNREAL SEXUAL HARASSMENT DOUBLE STANDARD … Al Franken Asked Whether He’s Ever Groped a Woman’s Butt: ‘I Can’t Say I Haven’t’ Done That’
THE DEMOCRAT SEXUAL HARASSMENT DOUBLE STANDARD: AS FRANKEN AND DEMOCRATS CONDEMN REPUBLICANS, FRANKEN THINKS HE SHOULD GET A PASS …
If we are going to be serious and fair about sexual harassment and assault in politics, then Sen. Al Franken (D-MN) would have to go right now. He not only has been accused of groping women on multiple occasions, there is video proof. But that makes no difference when one is a Democrat. He was asked in an interview whether he had ever placed a hand on some woman’s butt? Franken’s response, “I can’t say that it hasn’t happened. In crowded chaotic situations, I can’t say I haven’t done that” Really, you are going to blame being in a crowded situation for knowingly and purposely putting your hands on a woman’s ass? This man is a true POS. Franken can’t say he hasn’t done it because he obviously has made a habit out of doing so. But instead of leaving office in disgrace like he should, Franken is going to return to office. Nope, it is different for Democrats. Franken claims he is embarrassed and ashamed. No, he is ashamed and embarrassed that he was caught. He had more than enough time to come clean on what he did and decided to remain silent. They get to molest women and then claim they are sorry and some how get a free pass. This is the double standard of the LEFT. As they cry for investigations of individuals like Roy Moore, where there are only 40 year old allegations, politicians like Franken and Rep. John Conyers (D-MI), where there is actual proof, get treated differently. If we are going to drain the swamp, lets do it once and for all. Where is the outrage? The MSM salivates over such a story involving President Trump. Instead, they are provided factual ones with liberal Democrats and they all but ignore the story.
“I’ve let a lot of people down and I’m hoping I can make it up to them and gradually regain their trust,” said Franken, who broke an eight-day silence Sunday to talk by phone about what he’s done and what he’ll be doing next.
For starters, he said, “I’m looking forward to getting back to work tomorrow.”
Sen. Al Franken, who is currently plagued by a number of sexual misconduct accusations, received a tough grilling in a 30-minute interview with WCCO on whether he has ever grabbed a woman’s backside.
In the first television interview since four women accused the Minnesota senator of sexual misconduct, Franken apologized and said he was “embarrassed and ashamed of some of what has come out.”
When confronted by WCCO’s Esme Murphy about Leanne Tweeden’s allegation that he forcibly kissed her during a USO tour in 2006, Franken said he “had a different recollection of the kiss.”
“My recollection is different than hers. I apologized to her and meant it and she was gracious enough to accept my apology,” Franken said.
With regards to the picture of Franken groping Tweeden’s chest as she slept, the senator said that “was inexcusable and that is what I am most ashamed for.”
In the interview Murphy tried to hold Franken down on several other allegations that he grabbed women’s buttocks while posing for photos, asking if the women are mistaken that he groped them.
Picture proof of his sexual assault and he is still in office
“I am not saying that,” Franken replied. “As I said, I take thousands of photos. I don’t remember these particular photos.”
“With all due respect, people are going to find it hard to believe that someone such as yourself wouldn’t know that they were grabbing someone’s butt,” Murphy shot back.
“I can understand how some people would see it that way,” Franken said.
“But have you ever placed a hand on some woman’s butt?” Murphy asked.
“I can’t say that it hasn’t happened. In crowded chaotic situations, I can’t say I haven’t done that. I am very sorry if these women experienced that,” Franken conceded.
Franken also told Murphy that he does not intend to step down from the Senate, and will return to his office on Monday.
How can any political branch of government have this kind of proof of sexual assault and allow them to be in office. This from the same Democrat party that brought us Bill Clinton and the many women who accused him of assault and even rape. That’s right, the Democrats are supposed to be the party of women, aren’t they?
And Yet Another … Eight Women Accused Charlie Rose of Sexually Harassment (Update: Rose Suspended from CBS & PBS)
UBER LIB CHARLIE ROSE ACCUSED OF SEXUAL HARASSMENT …
Sorry Charlie, you have been accused of serial sexual harassment. From the WAPO comes the following, eight woman have accused longtime liberal TV host Charlie Rose of sexual harassment. The women claim that Rose made unwanted sexual advances toward them, including lewd phone calls, walking around naked in their presence, or groping their breasts, buttocks or genital areas. SICK!!! Of the eight women, five of the women spoke on the condition of anonymity, three were on the record and two of the women the Post interviewed, Kyle Godfrey-Ryan and Megan Creydt, confirmed their accounts to NBC News. This was a serial harassment that took place from the late 1990s to as recently as 2011. Who doesn’t think that every news outlet Charlie Rose worked at did not know of his behavior and turned a blind eye? CBS addressed the suspension of Charlie Rose over sexual harassment allegations and claims, ‘We Are All Rocked By This.’ Sorry is I have to cry BS here. They are rocked because it because public, there is no way this was not public knowledge.
Eight women have told The Washington Post that longtime television host Charlie Rose made unwanted sexual advances toward them, including lewd phone calls, walking around naked in their presence, or groping their breasts, buttocks or genital areas.
The women were employees or aspired to work for Rose at the “Charlie Rose” show from the late 1990s to as recently as 2011. They ranged in age from 21 to 37 at the time of the alleged encounters. Rose, 75, whose show airs on PBS and Bloomberg TV, also co-hosts “CBS This Morning” and is a contributing correspondent for “60 Minutes.”
There are striking commonalities in the accounts of the women, each of whom described their interactions with Rose in multiple interviews with The Post. For all of the women, reporters interviewed friends, colleagues or family members who said the women had confided in them about aspects of the incidents. Three of the eight spoke on the record.
Five of the women spoke on the condition of anonymity out of fear of Rose’s stature in the industry, his power over their careers or what they described as his volatile temper.
So now Rose is embarrassed by his behavior and apologizes? Really? Isn’t he just feeling this way because he was caught?
Charlie Rose is the latest public figure to be felled by sexual misconduct allegations, with PBS halting distribution of his nightly interview show and CBS News suspending him Monday following a Washington Post report with the accusations of eight women.
The women, who all worked for Rose or tried to work for him, accused the veteran newsman of groping them, walking naked in front of them and telling one that he dreamed about her swimming nude.
Rose, 75, said in a statement that he was “deeply embarrassed” and apologized for his behavior.
“PBS was shocked to learn today of these deeply disturbing allegations,” the public broadcasting service said in a statement. “We are immediately suspending distribution of ‘Charlie Rose.’”
Are you kidding, only now Rose realizes that walking around nude, groping women and inappropriate comments are not acceptable behavior? Sorry Charlie, you don’t get a free pass like you should not have known better. Powerline calls Rose’s behavior like about an eight on the 1 to 10 Weinstein Scale. So far, let’s wait until more women and stories are revealed. This sounds like only the tip of the iceberg.
“It is essential that these women know I hear them and that I deeply apologize for my inappropriate behavior. I am greatly embarrassed. I have behaved insensitively at times, and I accept responsibility for that, though I do not believe that all of these allegations are accurate. I always felt that I was pursuing shared feelings, even though I now realize I was mistaken.
“I have learned a great deal as a result of these events, and I hope others will too. All of us, including me, are coming to a newer and deeper recognition of the pain caused by conduct in the past, and have come to a profound new respect for women and their lives.”
Rose said that he has behaved insensitively at times “and I accept responsibility for that, though I do not believe that all of these allegations are accurate. I always felt that I was pursuing shared feelings, even though I now realize I was mistaken. I have learned a great deal as a result of these events, and I hope others will, too.”
If any more come out, which they will … Charlie Rose’s career looks to be finished.
THIS IS THE REASON WHY WE UNFORTUNATELY CAN NOT JUMP TO CONCLUSIONS, YET ANOTHER FAKE NEWS STORY …
Racial slurs are obviously hateful. Those that do them are ignorant fools who deserve out scorn. However, sadly we are presented yet again with another fake news story passed off as a “hate” crime. It was not a hate crime, it was a hoax. This past September the liberal MSM went insane after five black students reported racial slurs posted outside their dormitory rooms at the Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs, Colorado. The liberal media was all too quick to jump on this story, because it fit their narrative. America is racist. President Trump is racists, blah, blah, blah. The incident caused the Air Force Academy Superintendent Lt. Gen. Jay Silveria to deliver a powerful speech after the reports to all 4,000 cadets at the academy denouncing racism. The speech told the racists responsible for these slurs “to get out.”
Guess what, the incident was a hoax, it was fake news. CNN admitted on Thursday the the much reported Air Force hate crime was a hoax by a black student at the academy. Imagine that? So sorry the liberal media had to eat crow once again.
Racial slurs posted outside the dorm rooms of five black students at the Air Force Academy were written by one of those students, the school said Tuesday.
The announcement was a jarring turn in an episode that prompted the academy’s superintendent to warn students that racists were not welcome at the school — a speech that attracted nationwide attention.
The student is no longer at the school, the academy said. A spokesman declined to say whether the student withdrew or was expelled, citing privacy laws. The student’s name wasn’t released.
However, what is mystifying is the actions by the Air Force General after knowing that the slurs were a hoax. He still went along with his previous comments. Puzzling indeed … For the record– Air Force Social Justice Warrior, General Silveria, stands by his earlier lecture. Huh? Well no duh racial slurs are repugnant sir, but there were none legitimately done at the Air Force Academy. It was a hoax.