Federal Judge Rejects Obama Admin & Holder’s DOJ Request to Stop Florida’s Non-Citizen Voter Purge to Stop Voter Fraud
Wow, didn’t U.S. District Judge Robert Hinkle get the Obama memo of Team Reelect Obama as to how they planned to win Florida? Another blow to President Barack Obama and Attorney Eric Holder.
Finally some common sense in the ruling of whether the state of Florida should stop the purge their voter rolls of non-citizens. U.S. District Judge Robert Hinkle rejected the DOJ’s restraining order. Judge Hinkle stated that the 90 day provision of purging voter rolls pertained to citizens, not non-citizens. What a novel concept, non-US citizens are not allowed to vote. What is Obama to do now? Talk about your bad weeks, it is going to be a toss up as to who might be having a worse week, President Barack Obama or Attorney General Eric Holder.
A federal judge rejected a request from the Obama administration to put an immediate stop to the state’s non-citizen voter purge program.
The Justice Department had asked for a restraining order, arguing that the program attempting to remove 2,600 non-citizens from the voter rolls violated federal voting law that prohibits the systemic removal of voters 90 days before an election.
U.S. District Judge Robert Hinkle said that, according to his reading of the law, the 90-day provision did not apply to removing non-citizens from the rolls. But, he also chastised the state, saying there were “some problems” with the way that the program had been carried out.
“Determining citizenship is not as easy as the state would have it,” Hinkle said in a ruling from the bench made about a half hour after arguments concluded. “Questioning someone’s citizenship isn’t as trivial as the state would have it.”
Brian Terry’s Parents Speak Out on Fast & Furious and Obama Adminstration: “They’re Lying and Hiding Something” (Video)
It is pretty hard for the Barack Obama White House and Democrats to claim that the actions by the GOP is a political witch hunt when there is a US Border Patrol agent Brian Terry dead. It is disgusting that Obama and Holder obstruct the investigation as to what happened with Fast and Furious when in the end, a border patrol agent lies dead as a result of the gun running operation.
Watch the VIDEO below of the parents of Brian Terry speak out and how they feel about President Barack Obama and Attorney General Eric Holder.
Obama admin’s constant lies …
Video hat Tip: The Gateway Pundit
Obama is going to have a ahrd time shaking this scandal when at the heart of it there is a face and a grieving family who wants answers to their hero son’s death.
Add Marco Rubio’s name to the list asking Attorney Eric Holder to resign.
As the pressure mounts following Barack Obama’s evoking of executive privilege in the ‘Fast & Furious” scandal, the obstruction continues, the House Oversight Committee recommends Eric Holder for ‘Contempt of Congress’ … Florida US Senator Marco Rubio calls for Eric Holder to resign.
Florida Sen. Marco Rubio told The Daily Caller on Thursday that it’s time for Attorney General Eric Holder to resign over the Fast and Furious scandal.
During a breakfast for reporters organized by The Christian Science Monitor on Thursday, Rubio responded “yes” when asked if he agrees with presumptive GOP presidential nominee Mitt Romney and the five other U.S. Senators who have called for Holder’s resignation.
“I think we’re at the point of no return,” Rubio said.
A House committee voted on Wednesday to hold Holder in contempt for not turning over documents related to the program after the White House exerted executive privilege.
“I think evoking executive privilege at the 11th hour yesterday was probably the last straw…I don’t know how the attorney general can continue to exercise that office with any level of credibility after the decision that was made yesterday,” Rubio said.
Just how long can Holder hand on and drag down Barack Obama any further in an election season? Democrats claim that this is a GOP witch hunt. No, the requests for Fast and Furious docs have been going on for quite some time. The fact that all of this is exploding prior to an election is just poor timing on the part of Obama’s minions. Who dragged this out? That would be Obama’s Attorney General Eric Holder.
Michelle Malkin Hammers uber-Lib Tamara Holder on Hannity Discussing Fast & Furious and Executive Privilege: “No I’m Not Going to Let You Get Away With That Lie!”
Michelle Malkin … You Go Girl!!!
Michelle Malkin is on a roll this week. Gone are the days of Conservatives allowing the LEFT to get away with spreading their lies and BS. We are sick and tired and are not going to take it anymore. Enter Michelle Malkin. Last night on Hannity, Malkin obliterated Tamara Holder for trying to spew misrepresentations and the typical liberal talking points regarding the Fast & Furious scandal and the Obama executive privilege. Michelle Malkin was not going to let the LEFT get away with their typical “blame Bush” nonsense.Watch and enjoy Michelle handing Tamara her lunch.
“No I’m Not Going to Let You Get Away With That Lie!”
VIDEO Hat Tip: The Gateway Pundit
House Panel Recommends Attorney General Eric Holder Contempt Citation Along Party Lines 23-17 … Full House Vote Set for next Week
Following President Barack Obama’s last second rescue of Attorney General Eric Holder and invoking Executive Privilege in the Fast and Furious scandal, the US House Oversight and Government Reform Committee recommended that Holder be cited for contempt of Congress. The vote was along party lines, 23 to 17. Committee chairman Rep. Darrell Issa (R-CA) went forth with the measure, saying the White House assertion of executive privilege “falls short” of any reason to delay the hearing.
Voting on strictly partisan lines, a House committee recommended Wednesday that Attorney General Eric Holder be cited for contempt of Congress for failing to turn over documents relating to the botched Fast and Furious weapons sting operation.
The vote ended an extraordinary daylong hearing that took place after President Barack Obama asserted executive privilege over some documents sought by the panel investigating Fast and Furious.
The committee measure now goes to the full House for consideration, expected next week, of what would be an unprecedented event — Congress holding a sitting attorney general in contempt.
Mere minutes after the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee’s decision, House Speaker John Boehner (R-OH) and Majority Leader Eric Cantor (R-VA.) announced that the full House will vote on the contempt measure next week. If this vote goes forward, it will be interesting to see what Democrats Representatives do who are in “swing” and “battleground” states.
“While we had hoped it would not come to this, unless the attorney general reevaluates his choice and supplies the promised documents, the House will vote to hold him in contempt next week,” the Republican leaders said in a statement. “If, however, Attorney General Holder produces these documents prior to the scheduled vote, we will give the Oversight Committee an opportunity to review in hopes of resolving this issue.”
Just how many US Representatives are going to appear to the voters as being for withholding documents against the family of slain border agent Brian Terry? The family of murdered Brian Terry has stated that Barack Obama has made matters worse by invoking “executive privilege”.
Terry family attorney Pat McGroder on Wednesday released the following statement from Terry’s parents Josephine Terry and Kent Terry Sr.: “Attorney General Eric Holder’s refusal to fully disclose the documents associated with Operation Fast and Furious and President Obama’s assertion of executive privilege serves to compound this tragedy. It denies the Terry family and the American people the truth.”
The Terrys said that their son “was killed by members of a Mexican drug cartel armed with weapons from this failed Justice Department gun trafficking investigation. For more than 18 months we have been asking our federal government for justice and accountability. The documents sought by the House Oversight Committee and associated with Operation Fast and Furious should be produced and turned over to the committee. Our son lost his life protecting this nation, and it is very disappointing that we are now faced with an administration that seems more concerned with protecting themselves rather than revealing the truth behind Operation Fast and Furious.”
Deal or No Deal … NO DEAL: Rep. Issa and AG Eric Holder Meet, No Docs Provided by Justice Dept … Issa Says ‘disappointed’ & Contempt of Congress Vote Against Holder will Move Forward
Deal or No Deal … NO DEAL!!!
Its a game of Contempt of Congress chicken between Chairman of the House Oversight Committee Darrell Issa and Attorney General Eric Holder. Issa and Holder met yesterday in what proved to be a waste of time and more of the same with the obstruction and the AG not turning over documents that have been subpoena with regards to the “Fast & Furious” scandal that left a US border patrol agent dead. Holder failed to produce the requested documents and according to Rep. Issa, the contempt vote against Holder will go forward in the House.
The meeting between Attorney General Eric Holder and Chairman of the House Oversight Committee Darrell Issa has ended after 20 minutes of discussion. Holder came with an offer of a briefing on Fast and Furious documents, but did not physically turn over any documents. This is unsatisfactory to Issa who has said repeatedly that in order for Holder to avoid a contempt vote Wednesday at 10 AM, he must hand over 1300 Fast and Furious documents to the Committee.
“The documents they may choose to give in the future, we need before tomorrow,” Issa said to reporters. ““Ultimately the documents needed for postponement seem to be in their possession.”
Holder’s failure to produce documents at the 5 PM meeting come after he failed to present them by this morning as requested, after he failed to respond to an October 2011 subpoena as requested and after more than a year of requests for transparency surrounding his role in Operation Fast and Furious.
Senator Charles Grassley, who sits on the Senate Judiciary Committee, also issed a statement:
“The Attorney General wants to trade a briefing and the promise of delivering some small, unspecified set of documents tomorrow for a free pass today. He wants to turn over only what he wants to turn over and not give us any information about what he’s not turning over. That’s unacceptable. I’m not going to buy a pig in a poke. Chairman Issa is right to move forward to seek answers about a disastrous government operation.”
From The American Spectator … The Documents, No Peace.
The “Fast and Furious” scandal, coupled with “Leek-gate” and the Unconstitutional acts by Barack Obama is going to cost him dearly in the 2012 election.
ROGER CLEMENS … NOT GUILTY … FEDS STRIKE OUT!!!
Major League Baseball great and seven time Cy Young award winner Roger Clemens has been found not guilty and acquitted on two counts of perjury, obstruction of Congress and three counts of making false statements to Congress in connection with alleged steroid use. GOOD, the case never should have been tried in the first place!!! Following the not guilty jury verdict Clemens thanked his family, lawyers and others who have supported him during the trial where he was accused of using illicit performance enhancing drugs. In the end the jury did not believe the US attorneys made their case, not did they believe Clemens’ former personal trainer, Brian McNamee, who the Defense stated had incentive to lie.
Legendary baseball pitcher Roger Clemens was found not guilty Monday of lying to Congress during an investigation of steroid use among major league players.
The case against Clemens involved one count of obstruction of Congress, three counts of making false statements and two counts of perjury. He was not charged with illicit use of performance-enhancing drugs, but his denial of such use was part of the case against him.
A federal jury found him not guilty on all six counts.
The Audacity of Obama’s AG Eric Holder … The Emails Referencing ‘Fast and Furious’ Weren’t Talking About ‘Fast and Furious’ … The Lying Kings!
It all depends on what
is, is ‘Fast and Furious’, is …
Yesterday Barack Obama’s Attorney General Eric Holder told the House Judiciary Committee that the Justice Department emails discussing “Fast and Furious” were not related to the “Fast and Furious” gun running operation. Huh? Who knew that there was another “Fast and Furious” program that the DOJ was running? In an unrelated story, the missing 18 minutes of tape discussing ‘Watergate’ were not referencing Watergate either.
How very sad that the Obama administration is allowed to just lie to Congress and cover up the scandal of ‘Fast and Furious’. What a farce that Congress would go after Roger Clemons and not Holder. What priorities our government has.
Read the full story at CNS:
Attorney General Eric Holder claimed during congressional testimony today that internal Justice Department emails that use the phrase “Fast and Furious” do not refer to the controversial gun-walking operation Fast and Furious.
Under questioning from Rep. Jason Chaffetz (R-Utah), who read excerpts of the emails at a House Judiciary Committee hearing on Justice Department oversight, Holder claimed that the phrase “Fast and Furious” did not refer to Fast and Furious but instead referred to another gun-walking operation known as “Wide Receiver.”
However, the emails refer to both programs — “Fast and Furious” and the “Tucson case,” from where Wide Receiver was launched — and reveal Justice Department officials discussing how to handle media scrutiny when both operations become public.
The Lonely Conservative wonders how Holder can keep straight face while answering the questions when he is lying at best. Actually, I wonder how he is not struck down by lightening and what is taking Congress to file contempt of Congress charges against this guy? Grow a set Boehner.
Trouble in Obama Paradise … Attorney General Eric Holder & Top Obama Adviser David Axelrod ‘had to be separated’ After Near Donkey Fight in White House
When Donkeys Attack, each other …
It would appear that Obama’s minions ‘can’t seem to get along’. As reported at the Telegraph, Attorney General Eric Holder and top Obama adviser David Axelrod had to be separated by Obama confident and adviser Valerie Jarrett. There is nothing like some infighting to show a sign of solidarity to the party before a reelection. Think that the Obama gang is one big happy family? Hardly. Their existence is just an ends to a means.
Eric Holder, Barack Obama’s attorney general and David Axelrod, his top political adviser had to be separated after squaring up during a furious row over attempts to impose White House operatives in the justice department.
Eric Holder, who heads Mr Obama’s justice department, is said to have become “incensed” after being accused by David Axelrod of complaining publicly about political interference in his office.
“That’s bull****,” Mr Holder said in a confrontation after a cabinet meeting, according to author Daniel Klaidman. He writes: “The two men stood chest to chest. It was like a school yard fight”.
The relatively mild-mannered Mr Axelrod is said to have told the attorney general: “Don’t ever, ever accuse me of trying to interfere with the operations of the Justice Department”, a taboo in US politics.
As stated by the Gateway Pundit, maybe the White House was just trying to imitate the fights at the Obama endorsed Occupy Wall Street one’s.
Obama DOJ Forces University of Arkansas- Fort Smith to Allow 38 Year Old Male Jennifer Braly To Access Women’s Restrooms
WHAT THE HELL HAS THIS COUNTRY COME TO UNDER BARACK OBAMA? BARACK OBAMA’S WAR ON REAL WOMAN … HE’S A MAN, BABY. WELCOME TO CIVIL RIGHTS UNDER OBAMA.
The Eric Holder/Barack Obama DOJ can’t seem to find it in themselves to prosecute the New Black Panther Party for obvious voter intimidation, yet they have no issue with forcing the University of Arkansas – Fort Smith to allow a 38 year old student access the the woman’s restroom. WTF!!! This Administration allows the extreme to be normal and the normal to be persecuted.
Just curious, when did a man peeing standing up and wearing a dress become a Civil Rights issue? That is what the Obama-Holder DOJ finds important.
A letter from the Department of Justice (DOJ) caused the University of Arkansas at Ft. Smith (UAFS) early this month to reverse policy and allow a 38-year old anatomically male-student permanent use of women’s bathrooms on campus despite opposition from female students.
The university made the reversal on “advice of counsel” after receiving a letter the DOJ sent in response to a complaint that a single, self proclaimed “transgender” student filed with the DOJ’s Civil Rights Division.
“Because of the stance we took, the individual filed a complaint with the Office of Civil Rights in the Department of Justice,” Mark Horn who is the vice president of university relations explained in an interview with Campus Reform on Tuesday.
Jennifer Braly, the student who filed the complaint, calls himself “transgender” with a “gender identity disorder.” Braly, however, remains anatomically a man and is currently raising money online for Sex Reassignment Surgery (SRS).
This is what America has become under Obama in Wonderland. If you are a man, dress up like a woman and say that you think you are a woman, that allows you access to the woman’s restroom. How sick and perverted has this country become under Obama? So any perv that claims this gets access. Nice precedent idiots. The university even went so far as to offer to convert more current bathrooms into gender-neutral restrooms. That was not good enough for Jennifer Braly.
From The Daily Caller:
“I am frustrated and highly depressed about all of these unfair restrictions,” Braly explained in an online appeal for sex-change surgery donations. “I live as a woman full time and have been for a year and a half now. I have natural breast development bigger than some normal girls from the hormone treatment. The only thing restricting me is what’s between my legs. Everyone is so concerned with what’s between my legs. I am just as much woman as anyone else.”
Sorry, but until this “IT” has the operation … IT is still a man and should be considered so. You do not get to claim you are a transgender women if you still got a man’s plumbing. Not under this freak show Obama administration. Let’s embarrass real woman at the hands of a dude who thinks he is a girl.
Who just can’t wait to flush Barack Obama and the rest of the BS out of the White House? They cannot leave soon enough. Everything these people do is an abomination.