- 3 third grade students were caught by another student smoking pot in the schools bathroom
CBS – San Francisco: 3rd-Graders Caught Smoking Pot In Sonora School Bathroom.
It used to be if you got caught, ‘Smokin’ in the Boy’s Room’, it was cigarettes and it was high school. However, not these days. It is the 3rd grade and POT!!! But wait, I thought so many are saying that pot is okay, it was those dastardly cigarettes that were evil. As Dana says in his commentary, be careful of what you wish for, you might just get it. So what band will be doing the next cover of The Brownville Station’s classic song and what will it be titled, ‘Tokin’ in the Elementary School Boy’s Room’?
Three third-grade students at a Sonora elementary school were busted for smoking pot in the school’s bathroom last week.
Two 8-year-olds and a 9-year-old were caught by another student, who immediately informed school administrators. Those officials then alerted local police.
The students were questioned by officers, and later released to their parents on February 27th.
Mexican Drug Lord Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman Arrested in Mazatlán, Mexico by Mexican Marines, US Marshals and DEA
Mexican drug lord, Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman, was arrested Saturday morning at 6:40 am, February 22, 2014 at a resort in the port of Mazatlan, Sinaloa, Mexico. Guzman is the head of the Sinaloa Cartel and one of the #1 drug kingpins in Mexico. Attorney General Jesus Murillo Karam said the arrest occurred without a shot being fired. He was caught with an unidentified woman. The 56 year old Guzman had been eluding capture for more than a dozen years. Mexican Marines, the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration and the US Marshals Service carried out the joint operation.
The Mexican drug lord Joaquin “El Chapo” Guzman, head of the Sinaloa cartel, was arrested on Saturday February 22nd at 6 am, inside a resort in the port of Mazatlan, Sinaloa, Mexico. His capture was the result of an operation coordinated by Mexican and U.S. authorities, as it was informed this morning by The Associated Press.
A senior U.S. official said Guzman was captured alive in the city of Mazatlán, a tourist destination on the Pacific coast of Mexico. The official, who was not authorized to speak about the arrest, gave information on condition of anonymity.
He had been on the lam since escaping from prison in 2001, and no one — that we know of — came close to catching the drug lord who regularly appears on Forbes magazine list of most powerful people.
The rumor was that with that kind of money, he could be hiding anywhere in the world.
In the end, he was caught just 140 miles from the city of Culiacan, the home base for his Sinaloa drug cartel.
In Chicago, where the city’s crime commission last year named Guzman its Public Enemy No. 1 — a designation originally crafted for Al Capone — authorities praised the arrest. Chicago is among the major destinations of the cartel’s drug flow.
“The arrest of Chapo Guzman is significant,” police Superintendent Garry McCarthy said in a statement. “This is a victory, but we know the tentacles of his cartel still exist and much more work remains to be done. Demand for narcotics will still remain, so we will continue to partner with the DEA as they fight international drug trade, and we will remain focused on our efforts to eliminate the factors that drive violence in our city.”
From New York to Chicago, Texas to San Diego, Guzman and his lieutenants are named in indictments for marijuana, cocaine and heroin trafficking, as well as racketeering, money laundering, kidnapping and conspiracy to commit murder.
- The private journals revealed his struggle with drug addiction and that he was ashamed of it
Daily Commentary – Thursday, February 13, 2014 Download
The Dana Pretzer Show – Tuesday, February 11, 2014 – With Special Guests Dr. Dale Archer and Wendy Murphy
LISTEN TO THE DANA PRETZER SHOW ON SCARED MONKEYS RADIO AT 9 PM ET
LISTEN TONIGHT LIVE AT 9 PM ET
The Dana Pretzer Show – Tuesday, February 11, 2014 Download Podcast
Oscar Award Winning Actor 46 Year old Philip Seymour Hoffman Found Dead in Manhattan NYC Apartment … Apparent Drug Overdose
PHILIP SEYMOUR HOFFMAN FOUND DEAD …
The Wall Street Journal is reporting that Oscar Award winning actor, Philip Seymour Hoffman, has been found dead in his New York City apartment. The 46 year old actor was found dead in his apartment located at 35 Bethune St. in the West Village neighborhood of Manhattan. The NY Post is reporting, Hoffman was found by a friend at approximately 11:30 am Sunday inside his Greenwich Village home. The Post is also reporting that his death was of an apparent drug overdose.
Award-winning actor Philip Seymour Hoffman was found dead Sunday afternoon in his New York City apartment, a law-enforcement official said.
The New York Police Department is investigating, and the Office of the Chief Medical Examiner to determine exact cause of death. The official said Mr. Hoffman, 46 years old, was found dead at his apartment at 35 Bethune St. in the West Village neighborhood of Manhattan.
The movie ‘Capote’ is obviously what made Philip Seymour Hoffman a house hold name; however, my favorite roles of Hoffman were George Willis Jr. in A ‘Scent of a Woman,’ Dustin Davis in Twister and Scottie J. in Boogie Nights.
UPDATE I: In much more happier times, Philip Seymour Hoffman winning Best Actor for ‘Capote’. Sadly, I cannot help but notice that two of the actors who were up for ‘Best Actor’ at the 78th Academy Awards in 2006 are now dead. Heath Ledger was also found dead in his NYC apartment in 2008.
UPDATE II: TMZ is reporting authorities found a needle in his arm.
Law enforcement sources tell TMZ … the actor was found Sunday morning inside of his Greenwich apartment … and they’re still on scene investigating.
Details surrounding his death are unclear … but the actor had struggled with drug problems … most recently checking himself into a rehab facility for heroin back in May.
Rep. Trey Radel (R-FL) Will Resign His Seat Effective Today … In Wake of Misdemeanor Possession of Cocaine in November 2013
The Politico is reporting that Rep. Trey Radel (R-FL) will resign from Congress on Monday. Reuters is confirming the story as well, that Republican U.S. Representative Trey Radel, who was charged in November with buying cocaine, plans to resign from Congress, effective Monday.
Sadly, Radel has blown his political career up his nose … Although I guess it would have been acceptable if he was caught smoking pot and Barack Obama had stated that there is no difference between cocaine and alcohol.
The first-term Republican plans to send a letter to Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) Monday, sources said.
It’s up to Florida Republican Gov. Rick Scott to schedule a special election for Radel’s seat. His southwest Florida district is solidly Republican — Mitt Romney won the district with 61 percent of the vote.
The race for Radel’s seat had begun even before he decided to resign. Republican Paige Kreegel, a former state representative, has already launched a campaign for the 19th district. Kreegel, who finished third to Radel in a 2012 primary, has drawn the support of a super PAC, which has raised $1 million with the intention of helping him win the seat.
As Hot Air opines, “most Republicans wanted him gone after the arrest. Instead, Radel insisted that he would hold his seat after going through rehab. Unless I missed a memo, there hasn’t been any unusual events surrounding his return this month. Perhaps Radel found his welcome back to the caucus chillier than Polar Vortex I or II.” Touche. Let’s hope Obamacare covers drug rehab.
Daily Commentary – Thursday, January 23, 2014 – Legalization of Marijuana in Oregon May Have Just Gotten a Boost
- President Barack Obama’s statement that pot is no more dangerous than alcohol could move Oregon voters towards legalization in 2014
Daily Commentary – Thursday, January 23, 2014 Download
More from Colorado Rocky Mountain High …
I thought we were told by the defenders of pot that it was not like alcohol? It was supposed to reduce crime and arrests according to the pro-pot folks. Looks like the authorities in Colorado are going to have a rash of DWH, driving while high. State troopers say the man who drove his car into two patrol cars this weekend, was under the influence of marijuana. Troopers say they arrested 23 year old Keith Kilbey and charged him with driving under the influence of drugs. This is only the beginning. So when will the first chapter of MAHD be formed in Colorado?
Let’s see the reaction of this law when some one behind the wheel kills someone because of being high.
Authorities in Colorado claim a 23-year-old man allegedly high on marijuana crashed into two state trooper vehicles on Saturday.
Police arrested Keith Kilbey and charged him with driving under the influence of drugs, KUSA-TV reported.
The incident unfolded in Denver around 9 p.m. Saturday evening after two state troopers had parked their cars in the left lane of an exit ramp.
Authorities were reportedly investigating a crash in the area and had put their emergency lights on before Kilbey purportedly hit their vehicles. According to KWGN, he collided with a Colorado State Patrol Crown Victoria, sending that vehicle into a Dodge Charger.
A-ROD Suspended for 2014 Season: Arbitrator Fredric Horowitz Reduces Ban From 211 to 162 Games … Alex Rodriguez Plans to Sue in Federal Court
A-ROD STRIKES OUT … SUSPENDED FOR 2014 BASEBALL SEASON.
Arbitrator Fredric Horowitz has handed down his decision and it bans the New York Yankee’s Alex Rodriguez for the entire 2014 MLB season. Horowitz’ ruling actually reduced A-Rod’s suspension from 211 games to 162; however, it is still the longest penalty ever for a drug violation. The 162 game ban plus any post-season games in 2014 of the 14-time All-Star and three-time Most Valuable Player is a 100% endorsement of Major League Baseball’s accusations that Rodriguez scored an array of PEDs from Biogenesis.
Alex Rodriguez get hit by pitch by Ryan Dempster of Boston Red Sox at Fenway Park as the crowd boos A-ROD and then cheers after he is hit … A-ROD’s a CHEATER!!!
Alex Rodriguez has been suspended for the entire 2014 season by arbitrator Fredric Horowitz, who handed down a 162-game ban to the New York Yankees third baseman for his involvement in Major League Baseball’s Biogenesis scandal.
The suspension also includes all potential playoff games in 2014.
Horowitz’s ruling upholds a good portion of the original 211-game suspension levied by MLB, which banned Rodriguez in August after concluding its investigation. Rodriguez continued playing after appealing the decision.
“The number of games sadly comes as no surprise, as the deck has been stacked against me from day one. This is one man’s decision, that was not put before a fair and impartial jury, does not involve me having failed a single drug test, is at odds with the facts and is inconsistent with the terms of the Joint Drug Agreement and the Basic Agreement, and relies on testimony and documents that would never have been allowed in any court in the United States because they are false and wholly unreliable.
“This injustice is MLB’s first step toward abolishing guaranteed contracts in the 2016 bargaining round, instituting lifetime bans for single violations of drug policy, and further insulating its corrupt investigative program from any variety of defense by accused players, or any variety of objective review. I have been clear that I did not use performance enhancing substances as alleged in the notice of discipline, or violate the Basic Agreement or the Joint Drug Agreement in any manner, and in order to prove it, I will take this fight to federal court. I am confident that when a Federal Judge reviews the entirety of the record, the hearsay testimony of a criminal whose own records demonstrate that he dealt drugs to minors, and the lack of credible evidence put forth by MLB, that the judge will find that the panel blatantly disregarded the law and facts, and will overturn the suspension. (more)
UPDATE I: MLB statement on A-Rod arbitration ruling.
“For more than five decades, the arbitration process under the Basic Agreement has been a fair and effective mechanism for resolving disputes and protecting player rights. While we believe the original 211-game suspension was appropriate, we respect the decision rendered by the panel and will focus on our continuing efforts on eliminating performance-enhancing substances from our game.”
Teenage Girl at the Center of the Maryville, Mo. Rape Case Daisy Coleman Hospitalized after Suicide Attempt … Cyber-Bullied to Commit Suicide (Update: No Rape Charges for Matt Barnett)
More cyber-bullying leads to attempted suicide of Maryville rape victim …
Daisy Coleman, the female teen at the center of the Maryville, MO rape case has been hospitalized after an overdose suicide attempt. The Missouri teenager alleged in 2012 that she and another friend were sexual assaulted at a house party when they were ages 14 and 13. The firestorm and cyber-bullying that ensued was enormous. The case gained national attention and the “hacktivist” group Anonymous came to her aid and mounted a call for action in the case as it appeared it was being glossed over. The 16 year old girl is now at the Kansas City children’s psychiatric hospital after ingesting an unidentified amount of pills Sunday evening. The news of Daisy’s attempted suicide was released by her mother, Melinda Coleman, in a Facebook post.
A Maryville Mo., teenager, who has been at the center of a rape case which made national headlines, was in a Kansas City hospital on Monday night after attempting to take her own life.
Daisy Coleman is the teen who claimed to have been raped by two high school students when she was 14 years old. Her family has accused prosecutors of dismissing her claims.
The rape accusations made by Daisy and her family subjected them to harassment from several Maryville community members, including both parents and students. The case eventually caught national attention.
Melinda Coleman also begged cyber ‘hacktivist’ organization Anonymous, which showed support for her daughter late last year when the story was in the headlines, not to abandon the case after she said they failed to follow up on any of her leads.
‘Where is anonymous now?’ Dr Coleman wrote on Facebook Monday. ‘My daughter has been terrorized to the point she tried to kill herself last night. She may never be ok. Where are you and your super hacking skills and internet help now…….we really need them.’
Coleman was 14 in January of 2012, when the 17-year-old son of Republican state representative plied her and a 13-year-old friend with alcohol and then had sex with the semi-conscious girls. The assailant, Matthew Barnett, recorded the alleged assault on his phone, then left Coleman unconscious on her family’s frozen front lawn in Maryville, Missouri.
Barnett was arrested and charged in the case and confessed to police that he and his high school football teammates had sexual relations with the girls. He maintained that the girls were intoxicated, but awake, and that the sex and taping were consensual. Weeks after his arrest, all charges against Barnett were dismissed.
The Kansas City Star: Daisy Coleman, teen at center of Maryville sexual assault case, is recovering after suicide attempt.
The case centered on a January 2012 house party in which Daisy Coleman and a friend — ages 14 and 13 at the time — alleged they were sexually assaulted at the home of Matthew Barnett, then a 17-year-old Maryville High senior and the grandson of a former state representative.
Barnett was arrested on charges of sexual assault and endangering the welfare of a child, the latter for allegedly leaving Coleman incapacitated by alcohol and barefoot in her yard in 30-degree temperatures.
Also, 17-year-old Jordan Zech was charged with sexual exploitation of a minor, which involved using a friend’s cellphone to film a portion of the encounter between Coleman and Barnett. (The case of a 15-year-old boy, who admitted having intercourse with the younger girl despite her repeated refusals, was handled in juvenile court.)
Two months later, however, Nodaway County prosecutor Robert Rice dropped the felony charges against the two older youths, citing a lack of evidence and, later, a lack of cooperation on the part of the alleged victims’ families.
Currently the alleged rape case is being reviewed by a special prosecutor after initial charges against boys were dropped.
A special prosecutor appointed in a controversial case of an alleged rape in Maryville, Missouri, promised on Monday to review the case “without fear and without favor.”
“I know that this case has raised a variety of concerns in northwest Missouri, so please know this: This case will be thoroughly reviewed,” Jackson County Prosecutor Jean Peters Baker said.
“I can also assure you that politics, connections or any other reason you can think of will not play a role in our review of this case. It will be the evidence, as it is in every case that we review,” she said.
A judge appointed Baker as special prosecutor days after a different prosecutor, who dropped charges, said he’d request the move.
UPDATE I: Dead rabbits have been dumped in Paige Parkhurst’s family car as fellow Maryville rape victim Daisy Coleman attempts suicide
UPDATE II: No Rape Charges for Suspect in Daisy Coleman Rape case … pleaded guilty to a misdemeanor child endangerment. (bumped from 1/8/14 – 5:48 am)
A Missouri man accused of sexually assaulting a 14-year-old schoolmate when he was 17 was charged Thursday with a misdemeanor child endangerment charge.
The charge against 19-year-old Matt Barnett was filed in Nodaway County Court in Maryville. He is scheduled to be arraigned later Thursday. His lawyer, J.R. Hobbs, didn’t immediately respond to a phone message seeking comment.
Two years probation and no jail time?
A Missouri man pleaded guilty Thursday to a second-degree misdemeanor charge of endangering the welfare of a child in connection with a highly publicized sex assault case involving a teenage girl, a prosecutor said.
Matthew Barnett, 19, was sentenced to two years’ probation.
Prosecutors said Barnett, then 17, gave alcohol to his victim, Daisy Coleman, until she was impaired, and left her outside her home in temperatures below freezing during the early morning hours of January 8, 2012.