Dylann Roof Found Guilty on All Counts in the Emanuel AME Church Massacre Trial in Charleston, South Carolina
GUILTY AS SIN!!!
Dylann Roof has been found guilty on all 33 counts in his trial in connection with the Mother Emanuel church massacre in Charleston, South Carolina that left 9 black parishioners dead. It took a 12-person panel a little over two hours to convict Roof on all 33 counts, including two dozen that fall under federal hate crime statutes. The jury will break for Christmas and return after the holidays on January 3, 2017 to begin debating whether the 22-year-old mass killer spends the rest of his life in prison, or is given the death penalty.
After nearly a week of painful testimony that vividly re-created the massacre at this city’s famed Mother Emanuel church, it took jurors about two hours Thursday to convict Dylann Roof in his federal hate crimes trial.
Roof was charged with 33 counts in his federal indictment. He was found guilty on every single one. Family members of the nine parishioners gunned down last year nodded silently as each charge was read aloud. Some held hands, their eyes shut tightly, as each guilty verdict was announced in the courtroom just a mile from the church.
With Roof’s guilt effectively unquestioned, this verdict was seen as likely, and the trial largely hinged on what happens next. Mirroring what happened during the Boston Marathon bombing trial last year — the last case that saw the Justice Department obtain a rare federal death sentence — there was no real question about guilt. Prosecutors played video footage of Roof admitting his guilt to FBI agents, and Roof’s attorneys did not argue that he was innocent.
Instead, the larger question surrounding the trial has focused on the next portion of the case, which will deal with whether Roof is sentenced to death or life in prison.
Yasmin Seweid, Woman Accused Of Making Up Story Of Anti-Muslim Harassment On Subway … Update: Arrested for Filing a False Police Report
HMM, DO THE DEMOCRATS AND MSM CARE ABOUT THIS FAKE NEWS ….
18 year old Yasmin Seweid, the woman who claimed she was a victim of a hate crime and anti-Muslim harassment appears to have made up the entire story. Oh wait MSM and Democrats, would that be fake news? The Muslim student who said she was harassed on the subway by drunken, hate-spewing white men shouting “Donald Trump!” It was all a lie. She made the story up because she broke curfew. She was charged with filing a false police report and obstructing governmental administration. So we are presented once again with another phony “Islamophobic” hate crime that the MSM was all too willing to embrace and jump on. Maybe the hate crime is that she accused Christians of assault?
Police on Wednesday said a New Hyde Park teen made up a story about being verbally attacked on a New York City subway train because she is Muslim.
Yasmin Seweid, 18, was brought in for questioning by police around 2:30 p.m., sources told CBS2. She was charged with filing a false police report and obstructing governmental administration, sources said.
Seweid claimed that she was verbally assaulted by a group of three men on the subway around 10 p.m. Thursday, Dec. 1. She told CBS2’s Tracee Carrasco she got on the No. 6 Train at 23rd Street and Park Avenue after leaving an event at Baruch College.
“I heard them talk, but I had my headphones in, I wasn’t really listening, I had a long day. And they came closer and I distinctly heard them saying, ‘Donald Trump,’” she said.
“They were surrounding me from behind and they were like, ‘Oh look, it’s an f-ing terrorist,’” she said. “I didn’t answer. They pulled my strap of the bag and it ripped, and that’s when I turned around and I was really polite and I was like, ‘can you please leave me alone?’ and everyone was looking, no one said a thing, everyone just looked away.”
Seweid said no one stopped the men, not even when she claimed they tried to tear off her hijab.
“They kept saying, ‘You don’t belong here, get out of this country, go back to your country,’ and finally they came really close and they were like, ‘Take that rag off your head,’” she said.
Seweid also criticized President-elect Donald Trump personally.
Since Donald Trump’s election night victory and at the direction of Hillary Clinton campaign operatives, social media users have been scolded and warned over the scourge of “fake news” from supposedly respected journalistic outlets, on the web and on network television. Clinton herself, just last week, even blamed her election loss partly on the dangerous spread of fake news.
So enter the curious case of Yasmin Seweid, the 18 year old New York City college student whose story of being harassed and assaulted by three Donald Trump supporters on a line 6 subway train went viral. This came on the heels of reports — many exaggerated — a so-called “surge” in Trump-fueled, hate-filled activity.
San Antonio, TX Police Detective Benjamin Marconi Ambushed & Fatally Shot While He Was Sitting in his Patrol Car, Writing Out a Ticket
BLUE LIVES MATTER!!!
San Antonio police detective Benjamin Marconi was fatally shot in his vehicle while writing a ticket. The 50 year old, 20-year veteran Marconi was sitting in his patrol car when a black vehicle pulled up behind him and the driver got out, walked up to the detective’s window and shot him in the head. The suspect reached into the window and shot Marconi a second time. Police said Marconi was pronounced dead at San Antonio Military Medical Center around 12:30 p.m. CT Sunday.
This nonsense has got to stop. Why shouldn’t this be deemed a hate crime?
Police Detective Benjamin Marconi, RIP
A Texas detective was shot and killed while writing a traffic ticket outside of police headquarters late Sunday morning. Later Sunday, two other officers were wounded in incidents in Florida and Missouri.
San Antonio Police Chief William McManus identified the slain officer as 20-year veteran Detective Benjamin Marconi, 50. He said the suspect has not yet been apprehended, and a motive is not known.
McManus said Marconi had pulled over a car for a traffic violation outside Public Safety Headquarters in downtown. While Marconi was inside his squad car writing a ticket, a black vehicle pulled up behind him and the driver got out, walked up to the detective’s window and shot him in the head, McManus said. Then the suspect reached into the window and shot Marconi a second time, he said.
“This type of crime cannot and will not be tolerated. I ask for the community’s thoughtfulness and patience as the investigation continues and SAPD searches for the suspect,” she said.
McManus said the suspect is a black male around 5 feet 7 inches to 6 feet tall in height, wearing a gray sweatshirt and black baggy pants. The suspect also has a beard, KENS reported.
San Antonio police released an image of the vehicle that was seen leaving the scene, as well as a person of interest who they said may have information in the shooting.
Crime Stoppers in San Antonio is offering a reward of up to $10,000 for information leading to an arrest of the suspect.
UPDATE II: Four police officers shot in US cities.
How did we get to a point in the United States where such a thing could happen. There was a time in this country where randomly shooting a police officer would be considered unheard of, and it was not all that long ago.
One policeman was shot dead and three others shot and wounded in four US cities on Sunday, coinciding with an epidemic of racially-tinged gun violence involving law enforcement.
Police were shot in San Antonio, Texas, Sanibel, Florida, and in the Missouri cities of St. Louis and Gladstone, local police departments said.
There was no known connection between the shootings.
In San Antonio, authorities were hunting for a suspect who fatally shot 20-year service veteran Detective Benjamin Marconi twice in the head after being pulled over in traffic in front of police department headquarters.
A police officer in Sanibel, on the picturesque island of the same name off the Florida coast, was shot and wounded during a “routine” traffic stop, officials said.
The suspect, who has been arrested, drove by and shot the officer after he had stopped another driver, Sanibel Police Chief Bill Tomlinson was quoted as saying.
In St. Louis, a suspect shot a police sergeant through his rolled up window as he sat in a marked police car in slow traffic.
In western Missouri, another police officer was shot in Gladstone but was expected to live, the Kansas City Fraternal Order of Police said on Twitter. The condition of the suspect was unknown.
Daily Commentary – Monday, August 29, 2016 – Is it True a Leader of the KKK Endorsed Hillary Clinton?
- Back last March, KKK leader Will Quigg stated he was endorsing her when asked at a rally in California.
HATE CRIME: 37 Year Old Lakeem Keon Scott, Tennessee Shooter Targeted White Victims, Similar to Dallas Police Ambush
More shootings inspired by Black Lives Matters … NOTE TO LORETTA LYNCH AND THE DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE … THIS WOULD BE A HATE CRIME.
Tennessee Bureau of Investigation has released the name of the individual responsible behind Thursday morning’s shooting in Bristol, TN that claimed the life of an area newspaper carrier and injured three others, including a local police officer. The TBI stated that 37-year-old Lakeem Keon Scott “acted alone” and was armed with at least two weapons. Preliminary finding show that Lakeem Keon Scott targeted people and officers after being troubled by recent events involving black people and law enforcement officers in other parts of the country. Yes, Lakeem Keon Scott was black and the victims that were targeted were white. You do the math.
Hmm, where are the Black Lives Matters folks, where’s Barack Obama’s outrage, where is Jesse Jackson and Rev. Al Sharpton and where is Attorney General Loretta Lynch and the DOJ’s “Hate Crime” unit? Hey America, aren’t you so happy and proud you elected Barack Obama to two terms in office so he could bridge the divide between the races? But this is what you get when you elect a community agitator who is an ideologue and not a leader.
The Tennessee Bureau of Investigation has released the name of the suspect behind Thursday morning’s random shooting in Bristol, TN that claimed the life of an area newspaper carrier and injured three others, including a local police officer.
The TBI says 37-year-old Lakeem Keon Scott was armed with at least two weapons, an automatic-style rifle, a pistol and a large amount of ammunition, reports CBS statation WJHL in Tennessee.
According to the TBI, the victims were:
Jennifer Rooney ( A Bristol Herald Courier newspaper carrier) : Deceased after being shot driving in her vehicle on Volunteer Parkway.
Deborah Watts: In serious, but stable, condition at Bristol Regional Medical Center after being shot while working at the Days Inn.
David Whitman Davis: Received minor injuries at the scene after being injured by flying glass resulting from the gunfire.
Officer Matthew Cousins: Sustained a superficial wound to the leg. Was subsequently treated and released from BRMC.
Preliminary findings indicate Scott may have targeted people and officers after being troubled by recent events involving African-Americans and law enforcement officers in other parts of the country.
Anyone with information that may be helpful in this case is asked to call the Tennessee Bureau of Investigation at 1-800-TBI-FIND.
The Other McCain references yet another police shooting case in Georgia.