Barack Obama Chastises Blacks and tells them Stop Complaining & Put on Their Marching Shoes

How bad is it for President Barack Obama these days … The One has to lecture and beg to a constituency group that backed him the most in 2008 Presidential elections telling them to put on their “Marching Shoes”. Did Obama just call blacks whiners and lazy?

Saturday, at the annual dinner for the  of the Congressional Black Caucus Barack Obama said the following to blacks, to quit crying and complaining and “put on your marching shoes,” to follow him into battle for jobs and opportunity. Really President Obama, you are lecturing blacks to support you after you received 95% of their vote in 2008? Why should black America turn out for Obama in 2012? Hope & Change has turned into more of the same and a record level unemployment for blacks.

“Take off your bedroom slippers. Put on your marching shoes,” he said, his voice rising as applause and cheers mounted. “Shake it off. Stop complainin’. Stop grumblin’. Stop cryin’. We are going to press on. We have work to do.”

Obama’s speech to the annual awards dinner of the Congressional Black Caucus was his answer to increasingly vocal griping from black leaders that he’s been giving away too much in talks with Republicans — and not doing enough to fight black unemployment, which is nearly double the national average at 16.7 percent.

“It gets folks discouraged. I know. I listen to some of y’all,” Obama told an audience of some 3,000 in a darkened Washington convention center.

But he said blacks need to have faith in the future — and understand that the fight won’t be won if they don’t rally to his side.

Really? Imagine, just imagine if a President not named Barack Obama called blacks lazy and cry babies? What do you think the MSM and the so-called black activists would be saying today? As caucus chairman, Rep. Emanuel Cleaver of Missouri said this week, “If Bill Clinton had been in the White House and had failed to address this problem, we probably would be marching on the White House.” God only knows what would have been said had there been a white Republican as President.  So Obama gets a pass and have the right to lecture blacks when he has failed them most when it comes to jobs?  This is the hypocrisy of the Obama administration. Even though Obama has been a complete failure as President, especially when it comes to the economy and jobs, blacks are supposed to support his continued failed policies.

If you liked this post, you may also like these:

• Another New Low for Barack Obama … Black Job Approval Rating Slips to 79%
  • President Obama Sinks to All-Time Polling Lows With Whites, Blacks and Hispanics
  • Pew Research/USA Today Poll: African Americans Think Race Relations Have Gotten Worse Since 2009 Under Barack Obama
  • Michelle Obama Tells Supporters to Vote For Barack Obama on November 2
  • Former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush at the RNC, Tells Barack Obama Its Time to Stop Blaming GWB for You Failed Economic Policies

• Comments

12 Responses to “Barack Obama Chastises Blacks and tells them Stop Complaining & Put on Their Marching Shoes”

1. Jayne on the Left Coast on September 25th, 2011 11:27 am

This coming from the Whiner in Chief. How can Blacks have faith in their future when the DemRats want to keep them on the Plantation dependent on the Gubiment.

2. Moi on September 25th, 2011 11:46 am

He promised jobs and opportunity if they voted him into office. What happened to that? If what he’s really saying is “you have to do this for yourself”, then their vote was for nothing, which we already know it was.

3. rightknight on September 25th, 2011 2:06 pm

Here’s how the First ‘Black’ President of the United States
      of America should run the place: First, strangle all the private
      enterprise that hires folks (black, white, and other). Once the
      jobs evaporate, choke out the reliable low cost energy sources
      with obscene regulations and taxation. Great so far? Enlarge
      the scope of Government until it is around 35% of the GDP.
      Run around the world claiming that America is guilty of all
      wrongs and must be punished in one way or another. Meanwhile,
      run up unsustainable debt and charge it off to future generations
      with full knowledge it cannot be repaid. Spend that wealth on
      things that serve self the best. Give speeches about how things
      will soon be better if we only have enough patience and get busy
      reelecting the ‘First Black President’ to make him the ‘Second
      Black President’. Wait, isn’t that exactly how it’s being done now?

4. A Texas Grandfather on September 25th, 2011 2:52 pm

Barry knows from first hand experience that all those who live off the government dole wear houseslippers because they don’t work. Now he wants them to help him get re-elected by getting out and doing some work.

When are the blacks going to learn that the only way to escape the new slavery created by the “Great Society” of the 1960′s is to get an education. A real education, not something made from Affirmative Action such as Barry.

5. super dave on September 26th, 2011 5:42 am

sounds like a call for violence and flash mobbing to me.

6. Urban Sapphic on September 26th, 2011 5:53 am

President Obama’s problem is that he is scared of TeaBaggers and Repubnikpunks. Every initiative he has proposed, the G.O.P and TeaParty have obstructed, and he has spent over 2 1/2 years being conciliatory to assholes who borrowed from Social Security and now what to deny benefits to rightful recipients. Then the TeaParty and G.O.P throw the American economy under the bus resulting in a lower credit standing for the first time in history and all to get a president of color out of office.

So don’t act like you care for African Am,ericans when you support the very people who created the situation that lead to the rampant and increasing unemployment.
      SM: Spoken like a typical liberal know it all, who knows less than nothing. Do not even begin to tell us who or what do. You have no idea who I care for. I want all Americans to go back to work including blacks. I want school vouchers that will get kids out of inner city schools and give them a chance.

The dirty secret of the Democrats is that they could care less about blacks. They only do when it comes time to vote. Even with the first black President in office, black unemployment at an all time high. Nice street cred.

I would love to see what happens when a GOP president gets put in office in 2012 and black unemployment comes down. The only way blacks will ever get a fair shake is if they are not a monolithic voting block. If they actually show that they are independent of thought when it comes to party politics, only then will they prosper. Right now Democrats know they can count on them no matter what and just take complete advantage of them.

Sorry, Obama called blacks lazy and whiners, not any Republican. I would think that Obama would know better the cries of poverty and unemployment rather than thinking they are whining. Then again, when Obama spends most of his time on the golf course and Martha’s Vineyard, what else would he think.
      R

7. Rusty Bridges on September 26th, 2011 6:41 am

Does anybody see a pattern here?

The country looks to him to do what he promised to do and he throws it back in the peoples faces like it is our fault.

He does this to everybody no matter who it is.

Do your job President!

8. super dave on September 26th, 2011 7:35 am

#6: i was amazed at how easy it was for him to resort to street thug behaviour when around his own people. i bet ebonics is the # 1 language in the white house.

9. NGBoston on September 26th, 2011 9:10 am

#6 Urban says,

“So don’t act like you care for African Am,ericans when you support the very people who created the situation that lead to the rampant and increasing unemployment.”

@#6— you CANNOT be serious with that RACIST comment, Brother! Please, tell me you ARE NOT.

Why must it always be an issue of finger pointing and YOU RACIALLY PROFILING US? (or at least the majority here?)

Do you ASSUME we are all Caucasian and Conservative? Well, you are wrong. Want to remind you again—that Obama is HALF WHITE.

RACE DOES NOT MATTER, LIBTARD! And, yes, I will name call and make a wild guess you are one.

Spanish, Asian, Black, Latin, Indian, White or of other European descent. Let’s remember—WE ARE ALL IMMIGRANTS FROM SOMEWHERE—ALL OF US!

I have no beef what the color of your skin is…my issue can all be addressed by having you take a shot at answerig these three questions:

!. Were you fooled into voting for THE CHOSEN ONE the first time? If so, that’s ok. Can you now move on and do better this time?

2. Are you in OUR GREAT COUNTRY LEGALLY? If so, cool. If not, get the eff out and make sure you have your CORRECT DOCUMENTATION before you come back in.

3. WHAT DO YOU WANT? Jobs and security LIKE ALL of us? Great. Pretty pissed off and discouraged LIKE ALL OF US? Great. Now stop your damn whining and trying to make the Tea Partiers out to be some racially divisive group themselves and STOP MAKING EXCUSES for the failed President and his Administration. ***NEWS FLASH *** He screwed EVERYONE OVER—and put our Economy & DEBT in the worst financial status it’s been in since the 1930′s!

WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE—part of that last question is, and instead of BITCHING and trying to place blame somewhere—ARE YOU GOING TO PAY ATTENTION TO THE UPCOMING PRESIDENTIAL ELECTION–and FORGET PARTY LINES—AND VOTE FOR SOMEONE MORE QUALIFIED THIS TIME???????? ARE YOU GOING TO STOP with the old adage that Obama inherited everything from Bush and REALIZE in the four years he’s been in office—he, and he alone has simply DONE MORE HARM across the board TO ALL (repeat ALL) of us??

It’s pretty simple. Now answer those 3 questions honestly and I will welcome and listen to all your opinions and what you have to stay. Remain in a State of ignorance, and I (we) will rank on your ass until we kick it to the curb!

We have a right to vehemently disagree with the contents of your post, and just as you have a right to express your negative opinions—so do we (I)!

Peace

10. super dave on September 26th, 2011 9:57 am

how can you create jobs when you are running around the country campaigning on the tax payers’
      dime and playing golf ?
      obama isn’t able to differentiate between work and play. he thinks playing golf and flying around the country promising things he knows he can’t produce is working. there are even some meak minded that actually believe this commedian.

11. RonPaulette on September 27th, 2011 7:11 am

Get with it and Get With Ron Paul … only Ron Paul understands that our answers do NOT rest in the government or in our elected officials–but with the People. Government looks out for government, for re-election and for the corporate fat cats who line their pockets. Government wants to keep us all dependent and divided..that’s how it feeds itself and grows. Get off the couch and get off the dole..get off the hand outs and the set-asides..Make Your Local Government Work for You and Take Your Country to Where it Needs to Be!

12. NGBoston on September 28th, 2011 6:24 am

Of course “Urban Sapphic” drops the stink bomb then scurries out of here like the spineless little jelly fish he is.

Whatever! They love to incite and make ranting posts but they never can back up anything they say or hang around long enough to face the fire afterwards.

Typical spineless Libtards made of nothing but negative energy! Seriously lacking in the cajones department as well!

Leave a Reply

Support Scared Monkeys! make a donation.

• NEWS (breaking news alerts or news tips)
    • Red (comments)
    • Dugga (technical issues)
    • Dana (radio show comments)
    • Klaasend (blog and forum issues)

Close
    E-mail It