With the Back Drop of Children as Props, Barack Obama Releases 23 Executive Gun Control Actions that Will Do Little to Nothing to Protect Children
This is what Obama thinks is going to stop gun violence and protect children? Really?
Today, with the back drop and shameful exploitation of using children as props, President Barack Obama released his much anticipated and anti-2nd Amendment, anti-US Constitution and anti-separation of powers Executive Orders on gun control in response to the Sandy Hook Elementary school shootings. What a joke, during his press conference today, Obama did his best Bill Clinton imitation pursing his lips and promising to use “whatever weight this office holds” to make his new gun laws a reality. Good grief, has anyone read the 23 so-called executive orders that will be the savior of our children and rid America of gun violence? Is this guy for real? This is not a way to protect children from gun violence like what happened in Newtown, CT, its a State of the Union laundry list of political wants coupled with over-reaching executive branch anti-2nd Amendments/US Constitution provisions.
The 23 Executive orders are as follows. The below orders can be labeled a joke at best. This president is delusional is he thinks that they will pass Congress and/or make a difference. This was nothing more than political grandstanding and demo-gaging the issue. [editors notes in blue]
- Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal agencies to make relevant data available to the federal background check system. [Don't they already do this?]
- Address unnecessary legal barriers, particularly relating to the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act, that may prevent states from making information available to the background check system. [Well looky here, Obama ain't happy about Obamacare because there are provisions in it that prevent drs from discussing guns with patients.]
- Improve incentives for states to share information with the background check system.
- Direct the Attorney General to review categories of individuals prohibited from having a gun to make sure dangerous people are not slipping through the cracks. [Oh yeah, its those people who slip through the cracks that are the issue. The Sandy Hook shooter was turned down by the background check system. Exactly what criminals are buying guns legally?]
- Propose rulemaking to give law enforcement the ability to run a full background check on an individual before returning a seized gun.
- Publish a letter from ATF to federally licensed gun dealers providing guidance on how to run background checks for private sellers.
- Launch a national safe and responsible gun ownership campaign. [Wow, now here is an initiative that will stop criminals from committing acts of gun violence. The real reason why there are so much gun violence is because the gang gangers, criminals and those whackos with a death wish just haven't comprehended responsible gun ownership.]
- Review safety standards for gun locks and gun safes (Consumer Product Safety Commission). [Are you serious?]
- Issue a Presidential Memorandum to require federal law enforcement to trace guns recovered in criminal investigations.
- Release a DOJ report analyzing information on lost and stolen guns and make it widely available to law enforcement.
- Nominate an ATF director. [Hold the phone America, this will protect our children, nominate an ATF director. Who knew that this was the only thing that stood between gun safety, the protecting of our children and mass murders.]
- Provide law enforcement, first responders, and school officials with proper training for active shooter situations. [So law enforcement and first responders are not properly trained for active shooting situations?]
- Maximize enforcement efforts to prevent gun violence and prosecute gun crime. [HUH? So Obama made an executive order to have us enforce already existing gun laws?]
- Issue a Presidential Memorandum directing the Centers for Disease Control to research the causes and prevention of gun violence. [This would have helped the victims of Sandy Hook how exactly?]
- Direct the Attorney General to issue a report on the availability and most effective use of new gun safety technologies and challenge the private sector to develop innovative technologies. [I hardly think the private sector needs the governments help.]
- Clarify that the Affordable Care Act does not prohibit doctors asking their patients about guns in their homes. [HUH, your primary care physician is going to ask you about guns? I am going to go to the dr. for flu-like symptoms and the doctor is going to ask is I have a gun? Seriously? So one is going to go to the dr. for a physical and he is going to say, turn your head and cough and oh by the way, how many guns do you own. WTF!!!]
- Release a letter to health care providers clarifying that no federal law prohibits them from reporting threats of violence to law enforcement authorities. [So now doctors are going to act as East German snitches? All this will do is stop crazy people from going to their dr.]
- Provide incentives for schools to hire school resource officers. [Incentives?]
- Develop model emergency response plans for schools, houses of worship and institutions of higher education. [Houses of worship, what happened to separation of Church and State? The last thing that schools need is a cookie cutter, one stop shop that fits all, no child left behind type interference from the feds on how to respond. Stay out of other people's affairs.]
- Release a letter to state health officials clarifying the scope of mental health services that Medicaid plans must cover.
- Finalize regulations clarifying essential health benefits and parity requirements within ACA exchanges.
- Commit to finalizing mental health parity regulations.
- Launch a national dialogue led by Secretaries Sebelius and Duncan on mental health. [Are you serious, this is just shameful and ridiculous. This is what happens when you have politicians do what responsible adults should.]
Honestly, this list is embarrassing and insulting to the deaths and memories of the Sandy Hook victims. But what else should we have expected from Barack Obama his clown sidekick, Joe Biden?