If you missed the House hearings yesterday on the Obamacare website debacle rollout with HHS. Secretary Kathleen Sebelius, the below VIDEO is some of the highlights. Some questioning was better than others and for the most part the Democrats decided not to care to represent the millions of people who have lost their insurance who are their constituents. Instead, they played partisan politics and seemed to defend Obamacare, the website and blame the GOP of hoping that the sky is falling. This from the folks who said that sequestration would be the end of the world.
- Sebelius actually said the site has not crashed.
- “Some people like to drink out of a red solo cup, not a crystal stem”
- “Hold me accountable for the debacle, I am responsible”
- “We’re not in Kansas anymore”
- “Would you recommend to the president that he stop using the term, ‘If you like your healthcare plan, you can keep your healthcare plan’”
- The problem with this whole debate, is you [Sebelius] won’t tell us who made the decisions”.
- Who made the decision on the 27 year old quote who is 50?”
- “We did not adequately do end-to-end testing”
What might have been one of the more eye-opening Q&A that should give all pause who entered their person data on Healthcare.gov was when it was asked,”Has each piece of that code that has been introduced into the system been security tested?” Sebelius’ ultimate answer was , “I don’t know”. WHAT? How could you not know and have made it go live? Sounds HIPAA compliant to me, NOT!
I guess Obama will consider this another phony scandal.