In Memoriam …Celebrities We Lost in 2011: Liz Taylor, James Arness, Peter Faulk, Steve Jobs and our own 2NJSons_Mom
In Memoriam of celebrities we lost in 2011, and one of our own celebs … We say goodbye, but you will never be forgotten. So many of these celebs put a smile on our face and made us enjoy life, especially 2NJSons_Mom.
- 2NJSons_Mom- In Loving Memory of 2NJSons_Mom … Sadly in 2011, Scared Monkeys lost one of our own.Loss is always difficult and saying goodbye is especially hard when it is one of your own. She was loved by so many, read the many prayers & tributes.Until we meet again, God Bless.Sadly, we learned over the weekend that 2NJSons_Mom, a long time beloved Scared Monkey and moderator had passed away. The shock of the news was only outdone by the tears. Our hearts and prayers go out to the family and friends of 2NJSons_Mom as we all at Scared Monkeys deal with her loss. As news spread of her passing, Scared Monkeys members expressed their sorrow, tears, condolences and prayers for 2NJSons_Mom and her family. Scared Monkeys would like to thank the family of 2NJSons_Mom for sharing her with us. She was a special person who touched many lives. You touched so many of us with your character and just being you. The pain of letting you go is only comforted by knowing that Heaven just became a better place and that you are no longer in pain and in eternal peace with The Father.It is with our deepest sympathies that we say goodbye to 2NJSons_Mom, a special person who helped make Scared Monkeys a special place and the world a better place. Please know dear God that the memory and spirit of 2NJ’s Son Mom will forever be in our hearts and a part of Scared Monkeys. Until we meet again dear 2NJ’s Son Mom, I only say good bye for now, until we meet again my friend … thank you for making a difference and this world a better place.
With all of our profound sadness and love,
Your family at Scared Monkeys … God Bless You and Rest in Peace my Friend.
- Liz Taylor - Mega actress Elizabeth Taylor has passed away at the age of 79. She literally was the last of a dying breed of Hollywood actress from the Golden Age of Hollywood whose life on and off the silver screen was larger than life. The two time Oscar winning actress had a list of movies that is just too long to mention. One of my dearly departed mom’s favorite actresses of all time.
- James Arness – Marshall Matt Dillon of Gun Smoke fame has passed away at the age of 88 from natural causes. From 1955 to 1975 Arness graced TV screens as the larger than life Marshall Dillon keeping the streets of Dodge City safe from outlaws, Indians and desperadoes.
- Jane Russel – was an American film actress and was one of Hollywood’s leading sex symbols in the 1940s and 1950s.
Jani Lane – lead singer for Warrant (VIDEO – Heaven) who died August 11 at age 47.
- Sherwood Schwartz - the creator and producer of “Gilligan’s Island” and “The Brady Bunch died July 12 at age 94.
- Peter Faulk – the actor who made detective Columbo a household name died at the age of 83.
- Steve Jobs – the co-founder of Apple has died at the age of 56. Sadly, we knew this day was coming as Jobs battled pancreatic cancer, but we just did not want to believe it.
- Gary Moore – guitarist for Irish rock band Thin Lizzy (VIDEO – Boys are back in Town) died February 6 at age 58.
- Anne Francis - Better known as ’Alta’ Morbius, she made space costumes sexy in the 1956 sci-fi classic “Forbidden Planet.” Sadly, she died January 2 at age 80
- Singer Amy Winehouse – the trouble and talented singer died far too soon. What a crying shame.
- Andy Rooney – Sadly, Andy Rooney, the TV “curmudgeon” has passed away in a New York City hospital of complications following minor surgery at the age of 92.
- Essayist Christopher Hitchens passed away at age 66.
- Jack LeLanne – the Godfather of fitness and health, has passed away at the age of 96. The man who brough fitness and health to households long before it became a cottage inductry has passed.
Clarence Clemmons – the big man on the sax of the E Street band has passed away at the age of 69 due to complications from a stroke.
- Jeff Conaway – The troubled TV actor of Taxi and who also starred in the movie Grease passes asway
- Betty Ford - the former first lady and the wife of President Gerald Ford, has passed away at the age of 93.
- Geraldine Ferraro - the first woman Vice Presidental candidate to run on a major party ticket has died at the age of 75. According to reports, Ferraro passed away from complications from multiple myeloma that she has fought for many years.
- Cliff Robertson – Oscar winning actor dies at age 88.
- David Border – Journalist and political pundit dies at age 81.
- Harry Morgan – better known for his role as Colonel Sherman T. Potter on ‘M*A*S*H’ and Officer Bill Gannon of ‘Dragnet” fame has passed away at the age of 96.
- Mark Hains – CNBC anchor Mark Haines passed away Tuesday at the age of 65. Haines was the founding anchor of CNBC’s morning show “Squawk Box,” was co-anchor of the network’s “Squawk on the Street.”
- Rapper Heavy D
- Michael Gough – the butler from the Tim Burton Batman movies
- Nick Ashford – The male half of the dynamic singing duo Ashford and Simpson (VIDEO) dies at age 69.
- Tom Wilson – Ziggy Artist dies at age 80.
- Knut - the lovable polar bear that captured the hearts of the world
More of those who passed can be seen HERE.
Looks Like the Occupy 99% Protesters Use only 1% of Their Brain … Occupy Protester Walks into Poll Heckling Chris Christie in Iowa
What a metaphor for the Occupy protest movement …
No words are needed, just watch the brilliance of the Occupy 99% protesters. Is it any wonder why these people have nothing. Who knew that those whining that they are the 99% only use 1% of their brain. Priceless VIDEO of female protester walking into a pole while protesting Chris Christie in Iowa as he was trying to introduce Mitt Romney.
Hat Tip: The Blaze
Isn’t this something, the same woman was protesting at a Ron Paul event in Iowa, see VIDEO. A word of advice to this woman, get a job!
Obama believes that he no longer needs Congress to promote his agenda, he will bypass them and use executive orders … isn’t this called tyranny? Didn’t we fight a Revolutionary war to rid ourselves of a king?
Leaving behind a year of bruising legislative battles, President Barack Obama enters his fourth year in office having calculated that he no longer needs Congress to promote his agenda and may even benefit in his re-election campaign if lawmakers accomplish little in 2012.
Absent any major policy pushes, much of the year will focus on winning a second term. The president will keep up a robust domestic travel schedule and aggressive campaign fundraising and use executive action to try to boost the economy.
Aides say the president will not turn his back on Congress completely in the new year. He is expected to once again push lawmakers to pass elements of his jobs bill that were blocked by Republicans last fall.
If those efforts fail, the White House says, Obama’s re-election year will focus almost exclusively on executive action.
Barack Obama’s 2012 campaign strategy will be to run against Congress. What else can Obama do, he certainly cannot run on his failed economic record, unemployment, out of control debt, record number of individuals on food stamps and Obamacare. Obama has been a complete failure which is the reason why his job approval rating is a low 43%.
UPDATE I: As reported at NewsBusters, the liberal, establishment MSM has no problem with Barack Obama’s Strategy of Virtually All Campaigning, All Executive Branch Overreach All the Time. Welcome to the state run media approved Obama “imperial” Presidency.
Sports Athletes Who Died in 2011 … Harmon Killebrew, Macho Man Randy Savage, Bubba Smith, Al Davis and Joe Fraizer to Name a Few: REST IN PEACE
In Memoriam …
Sadly we lost some real icons in the world of sports this year. Among some who died were MLB Hall of Famer Harmon Killebrew, WWE Pro-wrestling great Randy “Macho Man” Savage, NFL football greats Bubba Smith, Chester McGlockton, Dave Duerison, Ollie Matson and John Macky, PGA golfing legend Seve Ballesteros, Oklahoma State women’s basketball coach Kurt Budke and assistant coach Miranda Serna, NFL icon Al Davis and Boxing great Smokin Joe Frazier.
No death was probably more tragic than the terrible Indy car crash and the death of race car driver Dan Wheldon at the season-ending Las Vegas Indy 300. Weldon was just 33 years of age.
Sadly, boxing great and former heavy weight champion of the world, Smokin’ Joe Frazier passed away at age 67 after to battle with liver cancer.
The NFL lost its Commitment to Excellence … NFL Oakland Raider Owner Al Davis Dies at Age 82 … JUST WIN BABY!!!
More athletes who passed in 2011 can be seen here at Sports Illustrated. What is the most tragic thing after reviewing the far many athletes who died in 2011 was sadly the amount who died due to suicide.
McNUDE … file this one under, nothing ever good happens when you are out after 2 AM.
Two individuals are being charged with public indecency for their little stunt of going through the McDonald’s drive-thru totally naked. The male and female duo were still in the McD’s parking lot when police arrived. The two were released from Knox County Jail after being ordered to appear in court. No is no truth to the rumor that the nude man wanted his Big Mac order “super-sized”.
I am guessing the two were in the parking lot contemplating what was in a Big Mac?
Police in Galesburg say a 19-year-old El Paso man and a 21-year-old Galesburg woman were released from Knox County Jail after being ordered to appear in court to face public indecency charges.
WGIL Radio reports that the duo was still in the McDonald’s parking lot when officers arrived just before 2 a.m. Wednesday. Police say the man was crouched over in the driver’s seat trying to put on a pair of pants, while his passenger was covering up in a blanket.
The not-so bright nude duo might have wanted to have got out of Dodge, not stay in the parking lot. All this and it was not even New Years Eve where we could blame it all on alcohol.