In Memoriam …Celebrities We Lost in 2011: Liz Taylor, James Arness, Peter Faulk, Steve Jobs and our own 2NJSons_Mom
In Memoriam of celebrities we lost in 2011, and one of our own celebs … We say goodbye, but you will never be forgotten. So many of these celebs put a smile on our face and made us enjoy life, especially 2NJSons_Mom.
- 2NJSons_Mom- In Loving Memory of 2NJSons_Mom … Sadly in 2011, Scared Monkeys lost one of our own.Loss is always difficult and saying goodbye is especially hard when it is one of your own. She was loved by so many, read the many prayers & tributes.Until we meet again, God Bless.Sadly, we learned over the weekend that 2NJSons_Mom, a long time beloved Scared Monkey and moderator had passed away. The shock of the news was only outdone by the tears. Our hearts and prayers go out to the family and friends of 2NJSons_Mom as we all at Scared Monkeys deal with her loss. As news spread of her passing, Scared Monkeys members expressed their sorrow, tears, condolences and prayers for 2NJSons_Mom and her family. Scared Monkeys would like to thank the family of 2NJSons_Mom for sharing her with us. She was a special person who touched many lives. You touched so many of us with your character and just being you. The pain of letting you go is only comforted by knowing that Heaven just became a better place and that you are no longer in pain and in eternal peace with The Father.It is with our deepest sympathies that we say goodbye to 2NJSons_Mom, a special person who helped make Scared Monkeys a special place and the world a better place. Please know dear God that the memory and spirit of 2NJ’s Son Mom will forever be in our hearts and a part of Scared Monkeys. Until we meet again dear 2NJ’s Son Mom, I only say good bye for now, until we meet again my friend … thank you for making a difference and this world a better place.
With all of our profound sadness and love,
Your family at Scared Monkeys … God Bless You and Rest in Peace my Friend.
- Liz Taylor - Mega actress Elizabeth Taylor has passed away at the age of 79. She literally was the last of a dying breed of Hollywood actress from the Golden Age of Hollywood whose life on and off the silver screen was larger than life. The two time Oscar winning actress had a list of movies that is just too long to mention. One of my dearly departed mom’s favorite actresses of all time.
- James Arness – Marshall Matt Dillon of Gun Smoke fame has passed away at the age of 88 from natural causes. From 1955 to 1975 Arness graced TV screens as the larger than life Marshall Dillon keeping the streets of Dodge City safe from outlaws, Indians and desperadoes.
- Jane Russel – was an American film actress and was one of Hollywood’s leading sex symbols in the 1940s and 1950s.
Jani Lane – lead singer for Warrant (VIDEO – Heaven) who died August 11 at age 47.
- Sherwood Schwartz - the creator and producer of “Gilligan’s Island” and “The Brady Bunch died July 12 at age 94.
- Peter Faulk – the actor who made detective Columbo a household name died at the age of 83.
- Steve Jobs – the co-founder of Apple has died at the age of 56. Sadly, we knew this day was coming as Jobs battled pancreatic cancer, but we just did not want to believe it.
- Gary Moore – guitarist for Irish rock band Thin Lizzy (VIDEO – Boys are back in Town) died February 6 at age 58.
- Anne Francis - Better known as ’Alta’ Morbius, she made space costumes sexy in the 1956 sci-fi classic “Forbidden Planet.” Sadly, she died January 2 at age 80
- Singer Amy Winehouse – the trouble and talented singer died far too soon. What a crying shame.
- Andy Rooney – Sadly, Andy Rooney, the TV “curmudgeon” has passed away in a New York City hospital of complications following minor surgery at the age of 92.
- Essayist Christopher Hitchens passed away at age 66.
- Jack LeLanne – the Godfather of fitness and health, has passed away at the age of 96. The man who brough fitness and health to households long before it became a cottage inductry has passed.
Clarence Clemmons – the big man on the sax of the E Street band has passed away at the age of 69 due to complications from a stroke.
- Jeff Conaway – The troubled TV actor of Taxi and who also starred in the movie Grease passes asway
- Betty Ford - the former first lady and the wife of President Gerald Ford, has passed away at the age of 93.
- Geraldine Ferraro - the first woman Vice Presidental candidate to run on a major party ticket has died at the age of 75. According to reports, Ferraro passed away from complications from multiple myeloma that she has fought for many years.
- Cliff Robertson – Oscar winning actor dies at age 88.
- David Border – Journalist and political pundit dies at age 81.
- Harry Morgan – better known for his role as Colonel Sherman T. Potter on ‘M*A*S*H’ and Officer Bill Gannon of ‘Dragnet” fame has passed away at the age of 96.
- Mark Hains – CNBC anchor Mark Haines passed away Tuesday at the age of 65. Haines was the founding anchor of CNBC’s morning show “Squawk Box,” was co-anchor of the network’s “Squawk on the Street.”
- Rapper Heavy D
- Michael Gough – the butler from the Tim Burton Batman movies
- Nick Ashford – The male half of the dynamic singing duo Ashford and Simpson (VIDEO) dies at age 69.
- Tom Wilson – Ziggy Artist dies at age 80.
- Knut - the lovable polar bear that captured the hearts of the world
More of those who passed can be seen HERE.
Looks Like the Occupy 99% Protesters Use only 1% of Their Brain … Occupy Protester Walks into Poll Heckling Chris Christie in Iowa
What a metaphor for the Occupy protest movement …
No words are needed, just watch the brilliance of the Occupy 99% protesters. Is it any wonder why these people have nothing. Who knew that those whining that they are the 99% only use 1% of their brain. Priceless VIDEO of female protester walking into a pole while protesting Chris Christie in Iowa as he was trying to introduce Mitt Romney.
Hat Tip: The Blaze
Isn’t this something, the same woman was protesting at a Ron Paul event in Iowa, see VIDEO. A word of advice to this woman, get a job!
Obama believes that he no longer needs Congress to promote his agenda, he will bypass them and use executive orders … isn’t this called tyranny? Didn’t we fight a Revolutionary war to rid ourselves of a king?
Leaving behind a year of bruising legislative battles, President Barack Obama enters his fourth year in office having calculated that he no longer needs Congress to promote his agenda and may even benefit in his re-election campaign if lawmakers accomplish little in 2012.
Absent any major policy pushes, much of the year will focus on winning a second term. The president will keep up a robust domestic travel schedule and aggressive campaign fundraising and use executive action to try to boost the economy.
Aides say the president will not turn his back on Congress completely in the new year. He is expected to once again push lawmakers to pass elements of his jobs bill that were blocked by Republicans last fall.
If those efforts fail, the White House says, Obama’s re-election year will focus almost exclusively on executive action.
Barack Obama’s 2012 campaign strategy will be to run against Congress. What else can Obama do, he certainly cannot run on his failed economic record, unemployment, out of control debt, record number of individuals on food stamps and Obamacare. Obama has been a complete failure which is the reason why his job approval rating is a low 43%.
UPDATE I: As reported at NewsBusters, the liberal, establishment MSM has no problem with Barack Obama’s Strategy of Virtually All Campaigning, All Executive Branch Overreach All the Time. Welcome to the state run media approved Obama “imperial” Presidency.
Sports Athletes Who Died in 2011 … Harmon Killebrew, Macho Man Randy Savage, Bubba Smith, Al Davis and Joe Fraizer to Name a Few: REST IN PEACE
In Memoriam …
Sadly we lost some real icons in the world of sports this year. Among some who died were MLB Hall of Famer Harmon Killebrew, WWE Pro-wrestling great Randy “Macho Man” Savage, NFL football greats Bubba Smith, Chester McGlockton, Dave Duerison, Ollie Matson and John Macky, PGA golfing legend Seve Ballesteros, Oklahoma State women’s basketball coach Kurt Budke and assistant coach Miranda Serna, NFL icon Al Davis and Boxing great Smokin Joe Frazier.
No death was probably more tragic than the terrible Indy car crash and the death of race car driver Dan Wheldon at the season-ending Las Vegas Indy 300. Weldon was just 33 years of age.
Sadly, boxing great and former heavy weight champion of the world, Smokin’ Joe Frazier passed away at age 67 after to battle with liver cancer.
The NFL lost its Commitment to Excellence … NFL Oakland Raider Owner Al Davis Dies at Age 82 … JUST WIN BABY!!!
More athletes who passed in 2011 can be seen here at Sports Illustrated. What is the most tragic thing after reviewing the far many athletes who died in 2011 was sadly the amount who died due to suicide.
McNUDE … file this one under, nothing ever good happens when you are out after 2 AM.
Two individuals are being charged with public indecency for their little stunt of going through the McDonald’s drive-thru totally naked. The male and female duo were still in the McD’s parking lot when police arrived. The two were released from Knox County Jail after being ordered to appear in court. No is no truth to the rumor that the nude man wanted his Big Mac order “super-sized”.
I am guessing the two were in the parking lot contemplating what was in a Big Mac?
Police in Galesburg say a 19-year-old El Paso man and a 21-year-old Galesburg woman were released from Knox County Jail after being ordered to appear in court to face public indecency charges.
WGIL Radio reports that the duo was still in the McDonald’s parking lot when officers arrived just before 2 a.m. Wednesday. Police say the man was crouched over in the driver’s seat trying to put on a pair of pants, while his passenger was covering up in a blanket.
The not-so bright nude duo might have wanted to have got out of Dodge, not stay in the parking lot. All this and it was not even New Years Eve where we could blame it all on alcohol.
When Technology Goes Wrong … SkyCam Camera Comes Crashing to Ground During Insight Bowl Between Iowa & Oklahoma
The sky is falling, the sky is falling … nope, it’s SkyCam crashing to the ground, barely missing players …
During last nights Insight Bowl in Tempe, AZ in the 4th quarter, the SkyCam came crashing to the field nearly hitting one of the Iowa players, wide receiver Martin McNutt Jr. SkyCam looked more like Sky Lab crashing to the ground circa 1979. ESPN apologized for the accident, “We will work with them and bowl officials to determine our future course of action. As always our primary concern will be the safety of fans and those on the field.” I can’t imagine what the post production meeting must have been like following the game.
Announcer says a Soviet Satellite falling out of the sky … glad no one was injured, that is no small piece of eqwuipment
Flying cameras have been providing unique perspectives on everything from golf to college and professional football for more than a decade, becoming so commonplace that fans rarely notice the whizzing remote-controlled devices.
At the Insight Bowl on Friday night, no one could miss the overhead camera when it came crashing down to the field late in the fourth quarter, nearly taking out one of the players.
The ESPN camera narrowly missed Iowa receiver Martin McNutt Jr., who became entangled in the guide wire but wasn’t hurt.
BTW, the Oklahoma Sooners beat the Iowa Hawkeyes 31-14.
Grim Discovery Made on Falcon Lake on the Texas-Mexico border … Human Remain Found, Could It Be Missing David Hartley? (UPDATE: Remains Not David Hartley)
Are the remains found that of missing David Hartley?
As reported by KWTX, a grim discovery was found by three local fisherman on Falcon Lake on the Texas-Mexico border. Yes, the same Falcon Lake where Tiffany Hartley stated that her husband, David Hartley, was gunned down and murdered while the two were on their Jet Skis. Human remains were found what appeared to be a skull and ribcage on the bank of the dammed section of the Rio Grande. The skeletal remains were found 15 miles from where David Hartley disappeared as told by the initial story of Tiffany Hartley. Could this be David Hartley or just one of many killed by the Mexican drug cartels in the area?
On closer inspection, Jones said, it quickly became obvious they had discovered the remains of a human draped in mud-caked clothing with the feet tied together and appeared to be a hole in the rear of the skull.
“It struck us these were human remains we were looking at,” he said Friday, “and it sends a chill down your spine.”
Jones said the first thing that came to mind was David Hartley, the Texas transplant who was gunned down by pirates on the lake in September 2010.
He said he and his friends took a photo and noted the GPS coordinates and then forwarded information to the U.S. Border Patrol.
One of the fisherman, Alton Jones, posted on his Facebook. Really, he posted on Facebook that he found human remains? Dude, TMI!
Jones posted on his Facebook page, “The fishing on Falcon was great. But unfortunately, our fun was over shadowed when we found a dead body on the Mexican side of the lake. We contacted the border patrol and they are notifying the Mexican authorities with the details. The body apparently had been there for a long time, because all that was left was the skeleton.”
Hmm, according to the report it states that the victims feet were still tied together. Just curious, why would a drug cartel bind an individuals feet together after they had supposedly already shot David Hartley in the head on his Jet Ski?
Tiffany Hartley had stated back on September 30, 2010 that Mexican pirates shot her husband who chased them on speedboats across Falcon Lake. As the search went on for David Hartley, the lead investigator in the case was beheaded. Obviously the drug cartel who control the area did not want this case solved.
Will this finally provide closure for the family of David Hartley or just add to the body count at the hands of Mexican drug cartels?
She told KUSA-TV in Denver on Monday that test results from the Mexican government show clothing on a human skeleton found at the lake recently don’t match what her husband was wearing, and the skull does not have a bullet wound.
Tournament of Roses Parade … “Just Imagine” a Parade Void of Occupy Rose Parade Parasite Protesters & Foolish Octopus Float
The Theme of the 2012 Tournament of Roses Parade is “Just Imagine”.
I am sure that most can “JUST IMAGINE” a 2012 Tournament of Roses Parade without any presence of the Occupy Rose Parade protesters. The Occupy protesters plan on perpetuating their “parasite” movement by marching the parade route after the floats and marching bands have passed. Actually, they have no choice. They are not allowed to be a part of the actual Tournament of Roses Parade, the floats, marching bands and others are specially allowed to do so by invitation only.
Make no mistake about it, the Occupy Rose Parade protesters goal was initially to ruin the parade and interject themselves into it so that millions of people would see them. They wanted to march in the actual parade. You can see their intentions from their own web site, something the Pasadena police saw as well. You can see their disdain for the Tournament of Roses parade by their comments, “This is the real Rose Parade, and the other is the Rose Charade,” and “the Rose Parade is an ideal messaging vehicle. Not only has it become far too militarized (see, for example, the choice of this year’s 2012 Grand Marshall, J.R. Martinez– an Iraq war soldier) and far too corporatized with major banks & financial institutions increasingly underwriting many of the floats.”
As reported at the LA Times:
Occupy protesters are busy finishing their float that will run at the end of the Rose Parade: a 70-by-40-foot octopus made of recycled plastic bags.
The octopus, said activist Mark Lipman of Los Angeles, represents Wall Street’s stranglehold on political, cultural and social life, with tentacles “that reach into your pocket to get your money and a tentacle to get your house.”
“This is the real Rose Parade, and the other is the Rose Charade,” said Pete Thottam, 40, an Occupy activist.
The Occupy Rose Parade protesters claim that they will be peaceful. We shall see. The only reason why that may occur is because the police presence has been stepped up, thanks to these folks. However, there are a lot of concerns about security. Not because of terrorism, but because of Occupy Rose Parade protesters. Nice. When asked whether anybody was going to do anything … the spokesman in the VIDEO above said, “we can’t control anything what people want to say or what they do”. REALLY? yes you can. In other words, these people are already distancing themselves from possible out of control actions by those that they have taught how to act.
I can only hope that the MSM gives these protesters no free PR. We implore that HGTV, NBC and ABC provide these individuals with no coverage. The presentation of the parade is not supposed to be political. If you allow this, you will ruin this event forever. This parasite movement needs events like the Rose parade to get attention … DON’T GIVE IT TO THEM!
UPDATE I: Please, they had to work with police and Tournament of Roses officials on how not to disrupt the parade. Seriously? You mean these brain surgeons don’t know how not to disrupt an event REALLY? Why does the media continue to say they are marching in the parade? They are not. The parade is over when they are marching with their octopus float. A note to the MSM, stop misrepresenting that these parasites are doing.
Sanchez says he’s met with representatives from the Occupy movement several times, and while the protesters won’t be allowed to march in the official parade, they will be able to walk the route right after the last float goes by.
After the parade is over, maybe the Occupy Rose Parade protesters can make themselves useful and pick up the horse dung.
Obama Endorsed OWS … Four Occupy Charlotte Protesters, Including the spokesman Charged For Setting Fire to Two American Flags
More from the Barack Obama endorsed Occupy protests …
Four Occupy Charlotte Protesters were arrested and charged for setting fire to two American flags early Friday near the Occupy Charlotte camp in Center City, NC. One of the protesters charged was the spokesman for the Occupy gang. The police arrested 20 year old Stephen Christopher Morris of Matthews, 28 year old Jason Bargert of Charlotte, 23 year old Michael Alan Behrle of Matthews and 19 year old Alex Macon Tyler of Fort Mill. Before the LEFT get too crazy, don’t worry, the Occupy “burn flag” protesters were not arrested for burning an American flag, that of course is not illegal. However, doing it outside of a fire pit, and within ten feet from flammable tents was the issue.
Charlotte-Mecklenburg police weren’t sure earlier if the four men who set fire to two flags were associated with the Occupy Charlotte movement.
But, WBTV has learned that one of the men is the media spokesman for the Occupy group and has been the contact person listed on press releases from Occupy Charlotte.
The fires happened with in feet of the group’s encampment.
Earlier reports indicated one flag was burned, but a police report says that 2 US flags were burned.
So who knew, President Barack Obama now endorses the burning of the American flag?
Jeff Ashton, Former Assistant State Attorney & Lead Prosecutor in Casey Anthony Murder Trial of Caylee Anthony has Announcement Set for Tuesday … Will Run for the 9th Circuit State Attorney Post in 2012 Against Former Boss, Lawson Lamar
According to reports Jeff Ashton has an “important announcement” set for Tuesday, January 5, 2012 at 11 AM on the steps of the Orange County Courthouse in Orlando, Florida. Looks like there is a run for the States Attorney position in Ashton’s future.
Jeff Ashton, the former assistant state attorney who was the lead prosecutor in the Casey Anthony murder trial is speculated to be throwing his hat into the political ring and running for the 9th Circuit State Attorney position. The 9th circuit consisted of Orange and Osceola counties. Ashton will be running against his former boss, Lawson Lamar. Ashton retired from his post following the implausible “not guilty” jury verdict in the Casey Anthony case.
A source told WESH 2 News on Friday that former assistant state attorney Jeff Ashton will announce that he is running for the 9th circuit state attorney post in 2012 against his former boss, Lawson Lamar.
A press release sent out Friday said Ashton would make what’s being dubbed an “important announcement” on the steps of the Orange County Courthouse on Tuesday at 11 a.m. The event is also open to the public.
Jeff Ashton recently made the media tour following the completion of his book, “Imperfect Justice: Prosecuting Casey Anthony”. Listen to Jeff Ashton’s interview on Scared Monkeys radio with Dana Pretzer.
In Imperfect Justice, prosecutor Jeff Ashton, one of the principal players in the case’s drama, sheds light on those questions and much more, telling the behind-the-scenes story of the investigation, the trial, and the now-infamous verdict. Providing an inside account of the case, Ashton, a career prosecutor for the state of Florida, goes where the press and pundits have only speculated, detailing what really happened during the investigation, showing how the prosecution built their case, and explaining how a woman so shrouded in suspicion was proclaimed innocent.
If the rumors are correct, Ashton will be running against his former boss, Lawson Lamar. Lamar was first elected as the state attorney for the 9th Judicial Circuit of Florida in 1988. Following the Casey Anthony case, Lamar made a statement that he was ‘disappointed with verdict but never criticize a jury’. That’s ok Mr. Lamar, we will and so did most of the Orange and Osceola county Florida voters.
Jeff Ashton developed a rock star status during the Casey Anthony murder trial and in many ways the trial can be looked upon like the movie Rocky I. Against all odds, lies, perjury, and bizzaro behavior by the Anthony family, defense attorneys and the defendant Casey Anthony, Ashton put on the good fight only to lose and be undermined by the “ship of fool” jurors with their “not guilty as sin” verdict. Sadly, they did not provide “justice for Caylee”. However, we all know how Rocky II turned out. Maybe this is one of the legacies of Caylee Anthony, an inspired, passionate advocate for children like Jeff Ashton gets elected to make a difference.