To a great American … HAPPY BIRTHDAY PRESIDENT RONALD WILSON REAGAN.
Ronald Reagan was born on February 6, 1911, he was the 33rd Governor of California from 1967–1975, he became the 40th President of the United States from 1981 – 1989 and would go down as one of the greatest Presidents of the 20th century. Reagan was beloved by many and was a true outsider of “Inside the Beltway” politics. He was just as much an outsider to the country club Republicans as he was Democrats, which is what made him so effective and beloved.
Ronald Reagan reminded us of one important fact that has been obviously lost today by many Republicans and certainly by the current administration, “Government is not the solution to our problems, government is the problem” (VIDEO).
Mr Gorbachev, tear down this wall!
May American continue to embrace the legacy of President Reagan, they just don’t make him like this any more even though we would be better off if they did. As stated in the UK telegraph, “Ronald Reagan is remembered almost universally as a man of wit, humility, warmth and optimism”. Let us also not forget patriotism. He made us feel better about ourselves and that we could do anything, never apologizing for what we had done in the past, only that we could make things better for the future. It was not just the words, it was the way the words were communicated to the American people as if he was speaking to each and every one of us personally. There was a belief and trust in the words of Ronald Reagan that allowed the United States to emerge in the 1980′s from the depths of the misery of the 70′s. As stated by the Gateway Pundit, President Reagan knew how to deal with dictators and it was not to appease or bow down to them.
President Ronald Wilson Reagan was simply brilliant. Reagan could be serious, compelling, healing and humorous. The key fact is that he always knew when to have the correct communication tone to the American people, our allies and our enemies. How revered and respected was Ronald Reagan? During his years as President the MSM and Democrats savaged him just like they do the GOP today; however, in order for the MSM to try and rehabilitate Democrat Barack Obama’s presidency, they try to claim he is “Reaganesque”.
President Ronald Reagan – “Evil Empire” Speech”
The wit of Reagan to win the moment, “I am not going to exploit for political purposes myopponents youth and inexperience.”
Reagan diffuses the MSM with a joke that leaves them laughing and speechless …
He healed a Nation following the Space Shuttle Challenger tragedy.
As president, Reagan implemented sweeping new political and economic initiatives. His supply-side economic policies, dubbed “Reaganomics,” advocated reducing tax rates to spur economic growth, controlling the money supply to reduce inflation, deregulation of the economy, and reducing government spending. In his first term he survived an assassination attempt, took a hard line against labor unions, and ordered military actions in Grenada. He was reelected in a landslide in 1984, proclaiming it was “Morning in America.” His second term was primarily marked by foreign matters, such as the ending of the Cold War, the bombing of Libya, and the revelation of the Iran-Contra affair. Publicly describing the Soviet Union as an “evil empire,” he supported anti-Communist movements worldwide and spent his first term forgoing the strategy of détenteby ordering a massive military buildup in an arms race withthe USSR. Reagan negotiated withSovietGeneral Secretary Mikhail Gorbachev, culminating in the INF Treaty and the decrease of both countries’ nuclear arsenals.
Memorable Ronald Reagan quotes:
- Mr Gorbachev, tear down this wall!
- The problem is not that people are taxed too little, the problem is that government spends too much.
- You can tell a lot about a fellow’s character by his way of eating jellybeans.
- You and I have a rendezvous with destiny. We will preserve for our children this, the last best hope of man on earth, or we will sentence them to take the first step into a thousand years of darkness. If we fail, at least let our children and our children’s children say of us we justified our brief moment here. We did all that could be done.
- I don’t believe in a government that protects us from ourselves.
- Freedom is one of the deepest and noblest aspirations of the human spirit.
- Above all, we must realize that no arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is so formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women. It is a weapon our adversaries in today’s world do not have.
- Government’s first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
- My fellow Americans, I am pleased to tell you I just signed legislation which outlaws Russia forever. The bombing begins in five minutes.
- One picture is worth 1,000 denials.
- Politics I supposed to be the second-oldest profession. I have come to realize that it bears a very close resemblance to the first.
- Republicans believe every day is the Fourth of July, but the democrats believe every day is April 15.
- We must reject the idea that every time a law’s broken, society is guilty rather than the lawbreaker. It is time to restore the American precept that each individual is accountable for his actions.
- Without God, democracy will not and cannot long endure.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MR. PRESIDENT, TO THE GREAT COMMUNICATOR … WE MISS YOU!