Back were he started …
Following the State of the Union speech and the plethora of promises and feel good Obama speech read from his teleprompter, Barack Obama’s got a bounce in the polls. However, that was short lived as seen by the most recent Rasmussen Daily Presidential Tracking poll. Health care continues to be an issue as Americans have said they want the process to start from the beginning … President Obama once again is not listening to the people.
Barack Hussein Obama finds himself at near record lows with a -19% poll rating.
The Rasmussen Reports daily Presidential Tracking Poll for Sunday shows that 22% of the nation’s voters Strongly Approve of the way that Barack Obama is performing his role as President. That is the lowest level of strong approval yet recorded for this President.
Forty-one percent (41%) Strongly Disapprove giving Obama a Presidential Approval Index rating of -19.
The specter of Obama and Democrats ramming through health care weighs like an anchor on Obama’s poll numbers and the Democrats. The President claimed that he would have a health care summit and listen to Republicans, yet Democrats are already threatening reconciliation and the nuclear option.
The President claims that he will listen to Republican health care ideas like insurance companies able to sell across state lines and tort reform; however, is that all it is … listening? Why in the course of his first year did he not listen and why are they not presently in the Senate bill?
- 39% of voters favor the health care plan proposed by the President and Congressional Democrats while 58% oppose.
- If the proposed health care plan becomes law, 78% of voters expect it will cost more than projected.
- Voters overwhelmingly believe passage of the plan will increase the federal deficit and lead to middle-class tax hikes.
- Most of those with insurance fear that they could be forced to change their coverage if the health care legislation passes.
- 61% Say Congress Should Start All Over Again on Health Care