This is hardly the intent of DEATH BY CHOCOLATE …
What a way to go. 22 year old Vincent Smith II fell into a vat of boiling chocolate and died at the Camden, New Jersey Cocoa Services Inc. plant. The man who had only been on the job for a few weeks was loading chunks of chocolate into the melting vat when he slipped in.
The Camden County prosecutor’s office identified the victim as Vincent Smith II. He was a temporary worker at the Cocoa Services Inc. plant.
Smith had been in the melting pot for about 10 minutes by the time rescue crews arrived, MyFOXPhilly.com reported. Prosecutor’s spokesman Jason Laughlin says a co-worker tried to shut off the machine and two others tried to pull Smith out of the 8-foot-deep vat. He was hit and fatally injured by the agitator that mixes the chocolate. By the time he was pulled out of the tank just after 11 a.m., he was already dead.