The O.J. Simpson Circus is in full swing. Seems like 1994 all over again. Maybe this time a jury will get it right.
OJ Simpson being charged with another felony that where he faces the possibility of life in prison … say it isn’t so. Where have we heard that before? Those that do not learn from history really are destined to repeat it. How many people, other than those in the mob, have actually been charged in two separate instances for crimes that could put one in prison for life? Looking at the NFL standings today, the Dallas Cowboys, Pittsburgh Steelers and SF 49ers are all 2–0 and O.J. is in trouble … it is 1994 all over again.
O.J. Simpson has been charged with seven felonies including including kidnapping, in the armed robbery of sports memorabilia collectors in a casino-hotel room. Make it eight offenses in all. Hmm, they say 10 here. Can we just make it an even dozen and call it a day?
Read the Criminal Complaint against Orenthal James Simpson et all.
Simpson, 60, was booked on suspicion of assault and robbery with a deadly weapon. District Attorney David Roger filed those charges and added kidnapping and conspiracy to commit kidnapping, according to court documents.
Simpson, who was accused along with three other men, faces the possibility of life in prison if convicted in the robbery at the Palace Station casino. He was being held without bail and was scheduled to be arraigned Wednesday.
The premise that OJ and his lawyer, Yale Galanter, are taking that the property belonged to Simpson and therefore one cannot rob something that belongs to you is absurd. Simpson has insisted he was not armed and that he went to the hotel simply to retrieve property that had been stolen from him.
“You can’t rob something that is yours,” Galanter said. “O.J. said, ‘You’ve got stolen property. Either you return it or I call the police.’”
First of all the manner in how OJ attempted to get his alleged property back would be deemed illegal. That is if O.J. could even prove it was his property in the first place. One normally does not have the assistance of three thugs in order to regain one’s property. So much for O.J. contacting the police.
(OJ Simpson Arrested, Smirking to the end)
Witnesses and authorities have said that they don’t believe Simpson had a gun but that some of the men who accompanied him during the confrontation were armed.
Two others named in the complaint, Walter Alexander and Clarence Stewart, have been arrested and released. Authorities were seeking an arrest warrant for a fourth man, Michael McClinton, 49, of Las Vegas, a man police describe as “a key player” in the alleged theft. (Yahoo News)
Just to make this case even more bizarre and to follow the beyond believable movie script to the MSM will never leave this case, Bruce Fromong, an alleged victim in the OJ case, suffered a massive heart attack.
One of the men accusing O.J. Simpson of robbing him last Thursday is in the hospital. A spokesperson for Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles says Bruce Fromong is in the intensive care unit after suffering what’s being described as a massive heart attack.
News 3′s Jesse Corona spoke with Bruce Fromong’s neighbors who say they can hardly believe everything that’s been happening.
Before 53-year-old Bruce Fromong was an alleged victim in O.J. Simpson’s personal sports memorabilia sting, he was an O.J. supporter. Fromong testified for Simpson’s defense in the wrongful death case brought by Fred Goldman. (KVBC)
UPDATE I: Fourth Suspect Michael McClinton Arrested
A man described as a key suspect has become the fourth person arrested in the case accusing O.J. Simpson of 10 felonies in the armed robbery of sports memorabilia collectors in a casino hotel room.
The man was arrested Tuesday after turning himself in to Las Vegas police, authorities said. Police have described Michael McClinton, 49, of Las Vegas, as “a key player.”
McClinton arranged through his attorney to surrender. Two other men who have not been identified also are being sought by police. (FOX NEWS)