San Diego Charge RB, LaDainian Tomlinson, is supposed to be one of the stand up guys in the NFL. He is supposed to be a man of character and classy. Of course when making that statement with athletes today one wonders what the standard is that we are using? The New England Patriots upset the 12–4 San Diego Charges 24–21 in yesterdays AFC playoff game. I guess they upset LT as well. Its one thing to be upset in the heat of a game or just after a tough loss. However, to continue to whine is a bit much. LT, you lost … enough. No, it probably wasn’t the best thing in the world for the Pat’s to do, but neither is you constant whining. I thought you said you had class?
Several New England players hurled their helmets into the air and danced on the middle of the field in celebration, incurring a meaningless 15-yard penalty for unsportsmanlike conduct and the wrath of San Diego star rusher Tomlinson. “I would never, ever react in that way,” Tomlinson said. “I’m a very classy person and I would not have reacted like that. I was very upset.” (Breitbart)
You know what they say LT when you have to tell people you are classy?
LT, there is a thing called losing graciously as well. No one except Patriot fans though they would win this game. As a matter of fact, all the football pundits had pretty much already given the Vince Lombardi trophy to the Chargers. That being said, LT, there was one was to prevent the Patriot players from celebrating and “Dis-respecting” you, so to speak.
“When you go to the middle of our field and you start doing the dance that Shawne Merriman is known for, that’s disrespectful. It showed no class at all and maybe that comes from their coach,” Tomlinson said. “I wasn’t going to go do anything, just tell the guys not to disrespect us on our own field. When you start to further disrespect us, that’s just not how you react.” “Just disappointment, that’s the initial thought,” Tomlinson said. “When you are a three-time Super Bowl champion I wouldn’t think you would need to act that way. That was the way they reacted to it. We can’t do anything about it.”
LT, you could have done everything about it. You could have “WON THE GAME”. Stop your whining as you are actually beginning to sound worse than over excessive celebration that the Patriots may have done. No one likes a sore loser. I am sure if SD had won the game, the Charger players would have gone nuts. But I guess that’s OK, because you would have won and some how that would be different.
LT, instead of getting mad, upset or think its a sign of disrespect to do Shawne Merriman’s dance on your field … maybe you might get some perspective of life. You should have been more upset at the following:
1. Ever think that the dance Shawne Merriman does on the field is classless and shows disrespect to the opposing team? Hmm?
2. Did it ever dawn on you that you are defending the dance of a man that was suspended during the season for the use of steroids? LT, you don’t think that maybe that might be a bit worse and more classless to cheat and use a banned substance?
3. Maybe you should get mad at your coach Marty Schottenheimer for ridiculously challenging a play that was an obvious fumble and wasting a time out that SD could have used late in the game to get closer for a winning field goal. Remember LT, you had no time outs left when you were trying to tie the game?
4. Maybe getting mad at Drayton Florence for head-butted tight end Daniel Graham and drawing a 15-yard unsportsmanlike conduct penalty that lead to a field goal.
5. Maybe you should get upset at Charge DB, Marlon McCree for interception the 4th down pass and then fumbling it back to the Patriots giving Tom Brady new life.
LT, before you start pointing fingers and judging others you may just want to listen to your own words and hear what you are truly trying to defend. What actions, gyrations, dances, and acts of taunting after ever tackle in the NFL are classy by the way? Are you the judge of what is and is not a classy move? Frankly all of it lacks class including what your own team mates do. So once and for all … put a sock in it.
You could have prevented any of this from happening on your field if you had won the game yourself.