Federal Prosecutors Preparing for Immanent indictments Against ex-CIA official & Defense contractor, Brent Wilkes
Federal prosecutors will be seeking in the very near future indictments against Brent Wilkes, a defense contractor who started ADCS, Inc (Automated Document Conversion Systems) and other co-conspirators at the center of the U.S. Rep. Randy “Duke” Cunningham bribery scandal. The indictments could come as early as this week, however, most likely within the next couple of weeks.
Two government officials familiar with the investigation told The Associated Press on Wednesday that prosecutors plan to ask a San Diego grand jury to return charges of honest services fraud and conspiracy against Kyle “Dusty” Foggo and his close friend, Brent Wilkes, whose lawyers have said he is one of four unidentified co-conspirators described in the 2005 plea agreement for Cunningham, a San Diego Republican. (AP)
(Kyle “Dusty” Foggo)
According to sources a second indictment is also being prepared against Thomas Kontogiannis and John T. Michael.
The officials said a second indictment is being prepared that would charge Wilkes and two of the other Cunningham co-conspirators New York businessman Thomas Kontogiannis and his nephew, John T. Michael with bribery and several conspiracy counts. (Article pg 1 … pg 2)
Wilkes’ attorney, Mark Geragos claims that he is anaware of any pending indictments against his client.
Mark Geragos, an attorney for Wilkes, said he had not been apprised of any imminent criminal charges. “I’ve reviewed this case and I don’t see anything that merits an indictment,” he said. (AP)
The Whistleblower “Qui Tam” law suit was filed by Richard A. Carden of Rolla Missouri which deals with a conspiracy to defraud the Government of funds through Department of Defense contracts.
“Qui tam” is a legal principle found in the Federal False Claims Act that allows any person, including corporations, known as whistleblowers, to bring a lawsuit on behalf of the government against anyone who uses government funds in a fraudulent way.
See the Qui tam law suit below.
The lawsuit deals with the original conspiracy to defraud the Government of funds through DOD projects and contracts. The lawsuit further implicates Congressman Cunningham, Congressman Hunter, Brent Wilkes President of ADCS Inc., and several other participants in the conspiracy. Mr. Cunningham has already been sentenced to the Federal Penitentiary for a period of 100 months for a part of his role in the conspiracy. (PR Web)
(Whistleblowers Law Suit; “Qui Tam”, click on to enlarge)
Richard A. Carden whom Larry Garrison, “The Newsbreaker,” and President of SilverCreek Entertainment is the spokesperson for will be discussing the immanent indictments and his involvement in the Qui Tam law suit in the near future on Scared Monkeys and Scared Monkeys radio with Dana Pretzer.
The lawsuit was filed by Richard A. Carden of Rolla Missouri. During the Dot Com era Mr. Carden had invented and perfected a process that revolutionized data migration and archiving. As a result of Mr. Cardens’ involvement in this business he had specific knowledge of various schemes to defraud the Government. When the stories of the Congressional fraud began to break, Mr.Carden became aware that the Government was attempting to discover what had happened. After conferencing with the DOJ, Mr. Carden filed his Qui Tam lawsuit. It should be pointed out that Mr. Carden was not involved in any of the schemes to defraud the Government. He was aware of them as attempts to lure him and his companies into the conspiracy had been offered previously. (PR Web)
Mr. Carden has also written and published several books under the Pen Name of Dick C. One of those books, The Shark Tank, by Dick C. that deals specifically with many of the matters covered within the Qui Tam lawsuit.
The Dana Pretzer Show … Show Time: 9 PM EST … Tonights Special Guests:
- 9:00 pm et: Brett Weed. Brent had his children abducted by his wife and taken overseas. He is fighting to get them back and will discuss with Dana what it takes to stop International Child Abductions.
- 9:30 pm et: Michael Payne. “What Part Of Commander and Chief Don’t You Under Stand” Payne is a Vietnam Air Force Vet and independent reporter who just came back from being embedded with the troops in Iraq. He takes on Senator Arlen Spector who says the president cant send additional troops to Iraq. Web site.
Standard Podcast [64:31m]: Download
You Have Got to be Kidding … Hoax Devices part of Turner Broadcasting Cartoon Network Ad Campaign (Updates)
The nine devices that shut down Boston, MA this morning and after noon turn out to be nothing more than an ad campaign by The Cartoon Network. WTF. What were these mental migits thinking? Please tell me heads will roll, people fired and Turner Broadcasting will be sent the bill for all the police manpower that was wasted today.
“It’s a hoax — and it’s not funny,” Gov. Deval Patrick said. All of the devices are magnetic lights which resemble a character on the show “Aqua Teen Hunger Force”, on Turner Broadcasting’s Cartoon Network.
What kind of irresponsible fools do they have working at Turner Broadcasting? They put packages near subways, Interstates and bridges in a post 9–11 World. The City of Boston should be sending Turner Broadcasting a bill of fare.
BOSTON (AP) — Nine blinking electronic devices planted at bridges and other spots in Boston threw a scare into the city Wednesday in what turned out to be a marketing campaign for a late-night cable cartoon. At least one of the devices depicts a character giving the finger.
(Drudge, At least one of the devices depicts a character giving the finger.)
Statement from Turner Broadcasting:
“The “packages” in question are magnetic lights that pose no danger. They are part of an outdoor marketing campaign in 10 cities in support of Adult Swim’s animated television show Aqua Teen Hunger Force. They have been in place for two to three weeks in Boston, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Atlanta, Seattle, Portland, Austin, San Francisco and Philadelphia. Parent company Turner Broadcasting is in contact with local and federal enforcement on the exact locations of the billboards. We regret that they mistakenly thought to pose any danger.”
You fools!!! In a city in which airplanes flew from on 9–11, you would do such a stupid stunt. You wasted countless police, bomb and security officials time. “Mistakenly thought to pose any danger”? What planet do you people live on? Where have you been since September 11, 2001? Well you got the publicity you wanted as ever cable network was discussing your publicity stunt. Now its time you should pay for all the wasted security time.
UPDATE I: Arrest Made After ‘Suspicious Packages’ Paralyzed Boston as Part of Cartoon Network Marketing Campaign
Boston police said Wednesday night that one person had been arrested, and authorities scheduled a news conference later in the evening to provide details. (Fox News)
UPDATE II: Peter Berdovsky, 27, was arrested on one felony charge of placing a hoax device
Peter Berdovsky, 27, of Arlington, was arrested on one felony charge of placing a hoax device and one charge of disorderly conduct, state Attorney General Martha Coakley said later Wednesday. He had been hired to place the devices, she said.
Authorities are investigating whether Turner and any other companies should be criminally charged, Coakley said. It wasn’t immediately clear Wednesday who might have hired Berdovsky.
“We’re not going to let this go without looking at the further roots of how this happened to cause the panic in this city,” Coakley said at a news conference.
Berdovsky was arrested at 8:15 p.m. at his lawyer’s office, Coakley said. His lawyer’s name wasn’t available, and phone number believed to be Berdovsky’s did not accept messages.
Berdovsky planted many of the devices, Coakley said, although he is charged in connection with just one. He is to be arraigned Thursday in state court. (Yahoo News)
UPDATE III: If restitution is good enough for The Runaway Bride, Jennifer Wilbanks, its good enough for Turner Broadcasting.
The Runaway Bide was forced to pay $2500.00 in restitution to the Gwinnett County Sheriff’s Department for wasting their time and man power to search for her in what turned out to be a hoax. The security scare, ad campaign hoax is estimated to cost Boston $500K. What’s the difference? The restitution bill can be sent directly to Turner Broadcasting.
The law under which Berdovsky was charged allows the state to pursue restitution. Mayor Thomas Menino said estimated the security scare may have cost the city more than $500,000.
At least 14 of the devices were found, and at least 24 more are still around the city, officials said. (Yahoo News)
UPDATE IV: Two men face charges after Boston security scare
Its nice that you are going after the two people that actually placed the devices. Now its time to go after the corporate suits who planned and okayed this debacle. There is no way in a post 9–11 world in the year 2007 that any thinking person would not comprehend the detrimental implications of such actions. If these marketing types are that ignorant to the present day facts, maybe they should not be employed.
BOSTON (Reuters) – Authorities plan to charge two men on Thursday after an elaborate publicity stunt — planting blinking devices that were mistaken for bombs — caused Boston’s biggest security scare since the September 11 attacks.
Sean Stevens, 28, and Peter Berdovsky, 27, were to appear in state court in Charlestown. They will face charges of placing a hoax device and disorderly conduct, according to state Attorney General Martha Coakley.
Turner Broadcasting, a unit of Time Warner Inc., late Wednesday said it was responsible for the devices, which had been installed in 10 major U.S. cities. The devices were intended to promote the “Aqua Teen Hunger Force” cartoon show.
This as numerous devices have been investigated in Boston, MA initially reported as potential bombs. The reported 6 to 10 devices all appear to be “hoax devices.”
Hear What Joe Biden is Saying Now about Obama …” first mainstream African-American who is articulate …”
Joe Biden … open mouth and insert foot again. Are you kidding? There is a term for someone who makes these types of comments. What do you think the Main Stream Media would be saying if a Republican made the following statements? Granted, I think that both Barak Obama and John Edwards are political novices that have never done anything to make them presidential material; however, Joseph Biden’s comments toward Obama are unbelievable.
Mr. Biden is equally skeptical-albeit in a slightly more backhanded way-about Mr. Obama. “I mean, you got the first mainstream African-American who is articulate and bright and clean and a nice-looking guy,” he said. “I mean, that’s a storybook, man.” (New York Observer)
Hear its for yourself … Audio Here.
Gee Joe … what exactly do you think of the other African-Americans? Okay, where is the outrage from the black community? How does the rest of the Democratic Black Caucus feel? You were just called inarticulate and not bright by a fellow Democrat.
Read the rest of Biden’s views about Hillary Clinton, John Edwards, …
Update II: Wonder what Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton and Carol Moseley Braun have to say about Biden’s comments? Hey Al, you can’t run according to Joe. Wasn’t it Democrats that were tired of the negative advertising in campaigns? Joe Biden right out of the shoot has gone negative against his own.
Update III: The Spin Begins, watch the video … Biden Responds to Obama ‘Clean’ Black Comment
Now that Biden has stepped in it again, the spin begins. Biden in full “this is what I really meant to say” mode. Gee Joe, if that’s what you meant to say, then why not say it in the first place. Biden still doesn’t get it. You did not insult Obama, you insulted the African-Americans that have run for office prior to Obama. Can you possibly be that dense?
More Biden Spinning at The Politicker.