Over at Nostalgia Central there is a great list of 40 things that can only happen in the movies. AÃ‚ good laugh for a Monday.
1. It is always possible to find a parking spot directly outside or opposite the building you are visiting.
23. If being chased through a city you can usually take cover in a passing St Patrick’s Day parade – at any time of the year.
39. All teen house parties have one of every stereotypical subculture present (even people who aren’t liked and would never get invited to parties).
6. If you decide to start dancing in the street, everyone you bump into will know all the steps.
14. On a police stake-out, the action will only ever take place when food is being consumed and scalding hot coffees are perched precariously on the dashboard . . .
32. Rather than wasting bullets, megalomaniacs prefer to kill their enemies with complicated devices incorporating fuses, pulleys, deadly gases, lasers and man-eating sharks.
2. When paying for a taxi, don’t look at your wallet as you take out a note. Just grab one out at random and hand it over. It will always be the exact fare.
To see all 40 of the things that can only happen in the movies, click here. (Update: Link fixed)