The appeals verdict was delayed but hot off the presses, or the fax in this case.
Decision of the Superior Court
This afternoon, the Superior Court announced the decision of the appeal presented last week in the case of the three suspects Joran van der Sloot, Satish Kalpoe, and Deepak Kalpoe.
The Superior Court terminated the suspended detention completely for all three suspects. The Superior Court is in the opinion that there is not strong enough evidence or serious motive to continue the detention.
The three persons will remain suspects in the case of the Natalee Holloway disappearance.
This is the short version from the prosecutors office. Curacao will be sending a more detailed version including the DNA appeal results shortly.
Hat Tip: AT
Update: From the AP; Aruba Court Lifts Curbs on Three Suspects in Missing U.S. Teen Case
A court ruled Wednesday that three suspects in the disappearance of a U.S. teenager can remain free without conditions – overturning an earlier decision that restricted their travel.
The appeals court ruled there was a “lack of sufficient grounds and serious suspicions” to keep the restrictions on Joran van der Sloot and two Surinamese brothers, Deepak and Satish Kalpoe, the Aruban prosecutor’s office said.
I think many people will just be scratching their collective heads on this one. Totally free and without conditions for those who were the last ever seen with Natalee Holloway.
>”They are totally free,” Kock said.
Vinda de Sousa, a lawyer for the Holloway family, expressed disappointment with the ruling.
“Of course, it’s not what we were hoping for, but I’m convinced that this is not the end of the investigation,” de Sousa said.
The Aruban prosecutor’s office did not comment beyond the brief statement.