Appeals Made to Judge and EquuSearch Vows to Stay

 

The Birmingham News; Appeals made in Holloway case
Release of brothers, order to hold Dutch teen being appealed

A panel of Aruban judges heard competing appeals Tuesday in the case of a missing Mountain Brook teen, but isn’t expected to rule until Thursday.

Joran van der Sloot, 17, protested a judge’s order to hold him for 60 more days. Police say van der Sloot might have been the last to see Natalee Holloway before she disappeared May 30.

At the same time, prosecutors appealed the judge’s decision to release two Surinamese brothers who had previously been detained in the case. Deepak Kalpoe, 21, and Satish Kalpoe, 18, were freed last week after the judge ruled there wasn’t enough evidence to continue holding them.

Also Tim Miller has vowed to stay longer in the search than previously said.

Meanwhile, an American search team helping hunt for Holloway decided to extend its stay through Sunday.

Texas EquuSearch director Tim Miller said the group had planned to leave today, but received two surveillance cameras that will allow members to recheck some areas of concern.

“We just would not be comfortable thinking that maybe there’s something we missed.”

From Aruba Today; Kalpoe Brothers, J. v/d Sloot Appear in Court

Also the transcripts from last nights (7/12/05) Scarborough Country with Guest: Alan Ramsey, Peter King, Steve Zeitchik, Caryl Matrisciana, Vinda De Sousa, Paul Reynolds

PAUL REYNOLDS, UNCLE OF NATALEE HOLLOWAY: I know that my sister had a meeting with the FBI June 10, Friday. And from that meeting, she became convinced that Natalee was no longer alive. She called her mother and told her that. And our family was—was—began the grieving process.

You know, we were told the report would come out the next day. Later that night, we saw the reports that confessions had been made, that something bad had happened. Shortly thereafter, it was retracted. The next morning, there was a report that said Natalee was confirmed dead. And these reports came from the deputy commissioner. They came from the spokesperson from the Ministry of Justice.

And then, all of a sudden, these statements and these confessions just disappeared.

Posted July 13, 2005 by
Natalee Holloway | no comments


If you liked this post, you may also like these:

  • FL Court of Appeals Upholds Judge Seidlin’s Decision, Anna Nicole Smith to be Buried in the Bahamas
  • Judge Kenneth Lester Jr. Out, Florida Appeals Court Orders New Judge for Zimmerman Murder Trial of Trayvon Martin
  • BREAKING: ARUBA APPEAL DECISION … STATUS QUO … NO CHANGE
  • 9th CIRCUS Court of Appeals Court Rules No Constitutional Right to Carry Concealed Guns
  • Aftermath of the Appeals Ruling




  • Comments

    Comments are closed.

    Support Scared Monkeys! make a donation.

     
     
    • NEWS (breaking news alerts or news tips)
    • Red (comments)
    • Dugga (technical issues)
    • Dana (radio show comments)
    • Klaasend (blog and forum issues)
     
     
     
     
     
     
     
    Close
    E-mail It